Having a bowl of warm soup is one of the best ways to comfort yourself after a hectic day. It’s incredibly delicious and a quick source of energy and nutrition.
Soups can be made with various ingredients, including chicken and vegetables. One of the most popular of these soups is the creamy mushroom soup. It’s incredibly tasty and easy to make.
Instead of going for canned soup or buying it from a restaurant, you can easily make yummy mushroom soup using a few ingredients.
Continue reading if you want to know about the recipe of creamy mushroom soup.
How to Make Creamy Mushroom Soup
Ingredients (serving 2 cups):
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided – 4 tablespoons
- diced shallots – 1 cup
- diced celery – ½ cup
- sliced shiitake mushroom caps, divided – 5 cups (about 10 ounces)
- sliced baby Bella mushrooms, divided – 5 cups (about 10 ounces)
- dry sherry – ½ cup
- garlic, minced – 3 cloves
- diced peeled Yukon Gold potatoes – 4 cups (about 1 pound)
- dried thyme – ½ teaspoon
- Mushroom broth – 3 cups
- water – 1 cup
- walnuts, finely chopped – ½ cup
- salt – as per your taste
- sherry vinegar – 2 teaspoons
- ground pepper – ½ teaspoon
- sliced fresh chives – 2 tablespoons
How to prepare:
- Take a large pot and add three tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and celery; cook until tender, about 3 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Add 4 cups of each shiitake and baby Bellas, garlic, and sherry. Cook until the mushrooms become soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in thyme and potatoes—Cook for one minute. Add water and broth.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook after bringing it to a boil, occasionally stirring, until the vegetables become very soft.
- Chop the remaining mushrooms and cook them in one tablespoon of oil for two minutes.
- Add salt and walnuts and cook for a minute.
- Take an immersion blender. Puree the soup until it becomes smooth. Stir in pepper and vinegar.
- Pour the soup in a bowl. Serve hot with the walnut and mushroom mixture.
You will get the following nutrition per serving:
- Calories – 407
- Total fat – 22.8 gram
- Saturated fat – 2.8 gram
- Protein – 8.5 gram
- Carbohydrates – 41 gram
- Vitamin C – 13 mg
- Iron – 2 mg
- Fiber – 5.6 gram
Creamy mushroom soup is delicious and a great source of protein, vitamins, and fiber. It has no meat, meaning that vegetarians and vegan people can easily include it in their regular meal.
Preparing this soup at home will ensure that it has no artificial and harmful additives. So, if you’re craving a warm bowl of soup, just get the ingredients and make this healthy and delicious soup for you and your loved ones.