If you are looking for an easy and effective way for faster hair growth, we have GOOD NEWS for you!
Here we have some of the best essential oils that will promote faster growth of your hair while treating many other hair problems.
A healthy hair growth demands proper care of the scalp and hair.
Essential oils promote hair growth while treating your scalp and hair at the same time.
In this article, we will cover:
- How essential oils promote hair growth
- How to use essential oils for hair growth properly
- Some tips and precautions for you
Essential Oils for Hair Growth
Let’s take a look at how the essential oils promote hair growth and solve your hair problems.
1. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is famous for promoting healthy and faster hair growth.
It is a fresh and powerful oil with a minty herbaceous fragrance that represents youth.
Along with the acceleration of hair growth, rosemary essential oil is useful for your hair in many other aspects as well.
The oil is a storehouse of potent antioxidants that can stimulate the blood circulation of your scalp. 
It helps to tone down the excessive natural oil production of the scalp and unclogs the hair follicles.
Rosemary essential oil provides comfort to the itchy scalp by treating dandruff, flakiness and other scalp problems.
All these contribute hugely to the faster growth of gorgeous lustrous hair.
- Make a blend of ten drops of rosemary oil and three tablespoons of warm olive oil.
- Apply to your scalp and hair and wrap up a hot towel.
- Wait for half an hour before washing off using shampoo.
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is the sweet smelling and refreshing oil that represents beauty and compassion.
Along with its contribution to the haircare routine, the oil has its spiritual benefits as well.
The oil has natural antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that can treat your irritated scalp and reduce scalp problems. 
It deeply moisturizes your scalp and provides nourishment to the roots of your hair.
Lavender essential oil also balances the production of sebum, stimulates blood circulation of your scalp and thus promotes healthy hair growth.
- Make a blend of ten drops of lavender essential oil and four tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Apply the blend to the scalp and leave it for a few hours possibly overnight.
- Wash off with shampoo.
3. Chamomile Essential Oil
The soft and fresh smelling chamomile essential oil can promote hair growth as well.
The oil is non-greasy and contains remarkable medicinal properties.
The anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile essential oil work immensely well on relieving a sensitive scalp.
It can alleviate scalp conditions that include scalp psoriasis, eczema, and dandruff.
The oil is very soothing and treats your dry and patchy scalp without any irritation. 
It also conditions your hair making them soft and shiny.
A dry and rough scalp creates hindrance to the ways of natural hair growth.
Chamomile oil can help you solve all these problems and bring a significant change in the growth of new hair.
- Make a mixture of three to four drops of chamomile oil and two tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Apply the oil to your scalp massaging slowly.
- Wait for a few hours and wash off.
4. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil is a hybrid mint, which is a cross between water mint and spearmint.
Mostly found in Europe and the Middle East once the plant is widespread in cultivation in many regions of the world now.
It is occasionally available in the wild with its parent species.
The oil is rich in many medicinal properties. It has cooling agents that can cool down your irritated scalp. 
Peppermint essential oil stimulates blood circulation in the blood vessels that eventually accelerates the growth of new hair.
The oil also cleanses the clogged pores of the scalp and replenishes life to new hair.
- Mix five drops of peppermint oil with four drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add two tablespoons of warm coconut oil and blend well.
- Apply the mixture massaging slowly into your scalp.
- Leave for at least twenty before washing off with shampoo.
5. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil has a fresh, pungent smell and contains wonderful medicinal properties.
The oil is also known as Melaleuca oil and comes from the leaves of the tea tree that is an Australian native plant known as Melaleuca Alternifolia. 
As we have to go out often with our head uncovered, our scalp comes in contact with the dust and dirt that clog the hair follicles. 
Also, the natural oil that automatically extracts from the scalp incorporates with the dirt and causes more clogging. 
Clogged pores block further oil extraction that disturbs the natural balance of your scalp slowing down the natural hair growth.
Tea tree oil balances oil production and is capable of protecting your scalp from harmful intrusions.
Thus it can improve your scalp’s condition and keeps the pores clean which will help to prevent hair loss.
Tea tree oil treats your scalp with moisture and protects it from damage, which promotes thicker hair.
It nourishes the roots of your hair that accelerates the hair growth to give you a fuller look.
So to increase the volume of your hair, you should try using tea tree oil.
- Make a mixture of three drops of tea tree essential oil and two tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
- Blend well and apply all over your scalp.
- Wait for half an hour and shampoo out.
6. Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme essential oil originates from the Thymus Vulgaris herb and has a strong spicy aroma to it.
The oil is known to improve blood flow to the vessels of your scalp.
It helps in rejuvenating the follicles of your hair.
The antimicrobial properties treat dandruff and other scalp problems. 
It keeps your scalp healthy and promotes hair growth.
You can use this oil mixed with a shampoo or conditioner as per your choice.
- Mix two drops of thyme essential oil, four to five drops of lavender essential oil and two tablespoons of jojoba oil together.
- Apply the combination oil to the scalp.
- Leave it to rest for half an hour and wash off with shampoo.
7. Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Wild carrot plants from northern Europe are the mother trees of carrot seeds.
The gorgeous golden oil originates from the seeds and has a pungent woody smell to it.
It is nourishing oil that keeps your scalp nourished.
It is excellent for improving blood circulation of the scalp which contributes to hair growth. 
The oil is rich in beta-carotene and essential vitamins that can lessen hair fall as well.
- Mix four drops of carrot seed oil with equal amount of frankincense essential oil.
- Add in at least four tablespoons of warm coconut oil to the mixture and blend well.
- Apply all over your scalp and hair.
- Wait for a few hours and wash off with shampoo.
8. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage essential oil is derived from Salvia Sclarea and has a lovely herbal fragrance to it.
The oil can regulate the sebum production of your scalp which contributes to healthy hair growth by protecting your scalp.
The oil also reduces dandruff is very beneficial for dry, unmanageable hair. 
The phytoestrogens of the clary sage oil enhance the hair growth as well.
The oil is applicable for both oily and dry scalp. It is a wonderful treatment for baldness.
- Make a blend of one teaspoon of jojoba oil and clary sage essential oil each.
- Massage the oil gently on your entire scalp.
- Leave it to rest for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
9. Cedarwood Essential Oil
Atlas cedar trees are the mother trees of cedarwood essential oil.
The oil is capable of balancing the natural oil production of your scalp by relaxing the sebaceous glands.
Balanced sebum production is one of the key necessities of healthy hair growth.
Cedarwood essential oil can treat your problematic scalp with its natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. 
It fights with dandruff, relaxes your irritated scalp and lessons hair fall.
- Mix three to four drops of cedarwood essential oil with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the oil all over your scalp massaging slowly.
- Leave for ten to fifteen minutes and wash off.
10. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil originates from lemon peels.
The oil is rich with an intense fruity smell and is very light and zesty.
The drying agents make it an ideal for oily scalp.
It has wonderful clarifying agents that contribute to the good hygiene of your scalp and hair. 
Lemon essential oil combats dandruff and treats acne prone scalp.
The antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of this oil prevent your scalp from infections.
All these activities ensure proper health to your scalp and promote the growth of healthy hair.
- Make a blend of five drops of lemon essential oil mixed with two tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Apply all over your scalp and hair.
- Leave for at least an hour to two and shampoo your hair.
Note: Do not go out in the sunlight when you have lemon essential oil on your hair or scalp.
11. Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum, a plant from the Asteraceae family, is found around the Mediterranean terrain.
The oil has a fruity smell and some amazing medicinal properties.
It is a very good remedy for the inflammation of scalp caused by dandruff or any other scalp infection. 
Its regenerative agents support the tissues of your scalp.
The oil can control the sebum production and maintain proper circulation of blood.
If the blood circulation improves, it will gradually increase the flow of nutrients and blood to the follicles of your hair.
Thus the helichrysum essential oil improves the hair growth and ensures gorgeous hair.
- Mix three drops of helichrysum essential oil with equal amount of lavender and rosemary essential oil.
- Apply the mixed oil to your scalp and massage gently.
- Leave for an hour or two and wash off with a good shampoo.
12. Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress tree, from the family Cupressaceae, is an ancient plant.
The plant is famous for its long-living capability.
We get the cypress essential oil from the leaves of a cypress plant.
The oil has a deep earthy smell to it.
Cypress essential oil improves blood circulation of your scalp. 
Proper blood circulation is vital for healthy hair growth.
The oil strengthens the follicles of your hair and prevents hair breakages.
Strong hair follicles promote a quick growth of stronger hair.
- Take four tablespoons of jojoba oil in a bowl and add in four drops of cypress essential oil, two drops of manuka essential oil and three drops of orange essential oil.
- Blend well and apply all over your scalp.
- Let it rest for half an hour before washing off with shampoo.
13. Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang-ylang essential oil is very suitable for treating dry scalp problems. 
It combats itchiness of your scalp and relieves it.
The oil controls the production of sebum which adds to its benefits for achieving thick hair.
Excessive sebum causes scalp problems resulting in weak and rough hair.
It is one of the main reasons behind split ends and hair breakages.
On the other hand, lack of sebum results in a dry and irritated scalp.
For healthy hair, you need a balance in the production of sebum. Ylang-ylang essential can be one of your best choices in this regard.
The oil keeps your scalp perfectly moisturized and ensures faster growth of gorgeous hair.
- Blend five drops of ylang-ylang essential oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply all over your hair and scalp and cover with a hot towel.
- Wait for an hour before washing off with shampoo.
14. Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass essential oil is derived from the leaves of lemongrass. 
The oil is an aid for the irritated scalp suffering from dandruff, flakiness, and itchiness.
It can successfully remove dandruff and relieve your itchy scalp.
A clean, healthy scalp is essential if you wish for lustrous hair.
Lemongrass essential oil also provides strength to the follicles of your hair which contribute to the growth of good hair.
The oil treats your scalp problems and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Mix three drops of lemongrass essential oil with three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the combination oil all over your hair and scalp and cover with a towel or shower cap.
- Wait for fifteen minutes and wash off with shampoo.
15. Horsetail Essential Oil
A horsetail plant is an ornamental plant as it doesn’t have leaves and flowers.
It grows in marshy lands and contains amazing medicinal properties.
Silica of this oil is the key element that can do wonders for your hair. 
It reduces dandruff and relieves irritated scalp.
It also strengthens the roots if your hair and improves hair growth.
Consumption of tablets containing horsetail essential oil is the primary way that many women adopt.
Topical use will boost the blood circulation of your scalp that will encourage more growth of new hair.
- Mix a couple of drops of horsetail essential oil with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the oil to your scalp massaging gently.
- Wait for ten to fifteen minutes before washing off.
Tips and Precautions
- Regarding using essential oils, it is very vital to dilute the oil. So never skip this step.
- Apply some oil on a smaller portion of your skin to check for irritations. Immediately avoid if you feel.
- Avoid using any ingredient that causes allergy..
- Maintain proper hygiene of your scalp and hair.
- Avoid too much of direct sunlight.
- Drink lots of water.
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet.
Essential oils may be expensive, but the benefits they offer are tremendous and worth the price.
If you wish to enjoy thick, lustrous hair, start using essential oil for your hair from now.
Hope the article came to your help. For any queries, feel free to ask by leaving a comment in our comments section below.