Sick and tired of your dull and lifeless hair?
Use tea tree oil and give life to them!
Strong and healthy hair can make you come out as a confident and stronger person.
The use of tea tree oil will surely add great benefits to your hair care routine if you can perfectly adapt the proper use of it and maintain regularly.
Here in this article, we will cover:
- What is tea tree oil
- properties of tea tree oil
- Why you should use tea tree oil for your hair
- Ways of application
- Some frequently asked questions and answers
What is Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil, also known as Melaleuca oil, comes from the leaves of the tea tree that is an Australian native plant known as Melaleuca alternifolia, native to Queensland and New South Wales, Australia. 
Properties of Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil consists of some great properties that make it a must-have in your hair care product list.
- Tea tree oil is antiseptic.
- It has antibacterial property.
- It is antiviral.
- It also has an anti-infection property .
Tea Tree Oil for your Hair
Excessive oil in your hair is not good at all, but with the proper amount and application, oil improves the health and the overall look of your hair.
So let’s take a look at why you should use tea tree oil for your hair and how you can add this to your daily hair care regime.
1. Tea Tree Oil can Help in Preventing Hair Loss
You go out almost every day. As your head is often uncovered, dust and dirt easily contact with your scalp and clog the follicles. 
Also, the natural oil that is automatically extracted from scalp incorporates with the dirt and causes more clogging. 
Clogged pores block further oil extraction and disturb the natural balance of your scalp which slows down natural hair growth.
Tea tree oil balances oil production and protects your scalp from harmful intrusions.
Thus it improves scalp’s condition and keeps the pores clean which help to prevent hair loss.
- Warm up a tablespoon of tea tree oil and dilute it using any carrier oil preferably jojoba or olive oil.
- Apply the oil on your scalp using fingertips massaging slowly.
- Cover your head with a hot towel, leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Repeat this step for at least three times before washing off with shampoo.
- Use this process thrice a week.
2. Tea Tree Oil Prevents Hair Damage
To prevent your hair from damage, tea tree oil can help you to a great extent.
Tea tree oil treats your scalp, unclogs the hair follicles and controls the excessive oil production.
When the roots of hair get proper treatment, the hair turns out to be more moisturized and nourished.
Also, tea tree oil creates a protecting layer on your hair which protects it from dirt and pollutants and keeps it safe.
Therefore, to prevent your hair from damage and to keep them healthy, use tea tree oil.
- Add in some coconut oil to a little bit of your tea tree oil and warm it up a little.
- Apply the mixture and massage your scalp properly, leave it for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Repeat daily.
3. Tea Tree Oil Ensures Longer Hair
Weak hair tends to break down in the middle or results in split ends.
To achieve longer hair, it is essential to ensure proper health to your hair first.
Tea tree oil can ensure that health by providing nourishment and moisture to your hair and creating a protective layer from all the toxic elements.
This prevents hair from breaking down by becoming too weak or brittle and results in longer hair.
- Warm up 2 to 3 tablespoons of tea tree oil and add in some jojoba oil to dilute it.
- Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil and apply the mixture all over your hair in layers.
- Leave it to rest for about 20 minutes before rinsing off.
- Repeat thrice a week for best results.
4. Tea Tree Oil Gives your Hair a Good Volume
A head full of thick and healthy hair is very attractive and desirous to all.
Tea tree oil treats your scalp with moisture and protects it from any damage, which promotes thicker hair. The oil nourishes the roots of your hair that accelerates the hair growth to give you a fuller look.
So to increase the volume of your hair, you should try using tea tree oil.
- Mix up tee tree oil with any other carrier oil all over your hair especially concentrating the roots.
- Leave the oil to rest on your hair for half an hour before washing off with a good shampoo.
- Repeat this process daily.
5. Tea Tree Oil to Treat Lice
It is a common problem, especially for women and children. Use tea tree oil to get rid of these little creatures adding to your discomfort. There are different ways that you can adapt to set your hair free from hair lice .
The following way seems to be the best to get the quickest result.
- Mix your tea tree oil well with any mild shampoo and add around 4 to 5 drops of any essential oil, preferably lavender oil and mix well.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of extra virgin olive oil with the mixture.
- Blend all the components and apply all over your scalp and hair in layers.
- Cover your entire hair with a shower cap and leave it like this for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair slowly massaging it as you wash all the shampoo off your hair.
- Use a leave-in conditioner, preferably any tea tree conditioner that are available out there and cover your entire hair and scalp with it.
- Next, take a comb that has large bristles and starts combing through your hair to get rid of all the lice. For those with long hair, it will be easier to part your hair in a few sections and then comb through each one separately.
- This is not something that you should do daily. Rather you can repeat the treatment three or four times a week to find a great result.
6. Tea Tree Oil Removes Dandruff
Tea tree oil is famous for removing dandruff from your scalp. 
But all these problems can be taken care of easily using tea tree oil.
You can use different homemade recipes including tea tree oil to treat your hair from dandruff.
All you need to make sure is that you are using it regularly and perfectly.
- Make a mixture of tea tree oil with any carrier oil.
- Apply the mixture all over your scalp massaging in a circular motion.
- Make it rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with a tea tree shampoo.
- Repeat daily till you get desired output.
7. Tea Tree Oil Removes Flakiness
A flaky scalp is again a result of dryness. Dry scalp tends to become rough and flaky.
Flakiness can also be a result of viral and bacterial infection. The antiviral and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil protect your scalp and prevent infections.
Tea tree oil also works on dry scalp, ensures proper nourishment and helps in removing flakiness from your scalp. 
- Apply a few drops of diluted tea tree oil on your scalp.
- Massage your scalp gently for a few minutes.
- Keep it on for about half an hour before washing off.
- Repeat every day.
8. Tea Tree Oil Helps in Reducing Itchiness
Dry and harsh scalp promotes itchiness .
Dandruff or flaky skin is also a result of the rough and dry scalp.
All of these problems can lead to scalp infections and cause itchiness.
You can use tea tree oil to solve this issue. The antiseptic property of tea tree oil works on your itchy scalp and cures it.
The oil also provides necessary protection to your scalp and prevent further infections.
- Take a few drops of diluted tea tree oil and mix in an essential oil of your choice.
- Apply this combination oil to your scalp and leave it to rest for about an hour before washing off.
- Repeat daily till you get relief.
9. Tea Tree Oil Reduces Inflammation of Scalp
Dandruff often brings inflammation of scalp with it. Virus and bacteria can also cause inflammation to your scalp.
Tea tree oil combats dandruff and prevents your scalp from the following inflammation.
The oil is also famous for its antibacterial and antiviral properties which help in reducing inflammation and redness from the scalp.
- Apply a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil on your scalp
- Leave for at least 45 minutes before washing off.
- Repeat this thrice a week till you get relief.
10. Tea Tree Oil Promotes Stronger Hair
Tea tree oil prevents your hair from dirt, pollution, and other damages.
The use of this oil protects your scalp from itching, inflammation, flakiness, and dandruff.
Thus it makes the locks of your hair stronger which results in a stronger hair. So, if you are looking for a hair care product that will make your hair come out as more beautiful and attractive than ever, use tea tree oil for them.
- Dilute tea tree oil with a good hair care oil preferably almond oil or olive oil.
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil to this mixture
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp, leave for 20 to 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat every day for better results.
11. Tea Tree Oil Prevents Dead Skin Cells from Building up
Dead skin cells hamper the re-growth of hair and also cause infections and flakiness of scalp.
Tea tree oil protects your scalp from infections and other damages by preventing the dead skin cells from building up. 
- Apply some diluted tea tree oil all over your scalp rubbing it gently.
- Leave for sometimes and wash off.
- Repeat regularly.
3 Ways of Applying Tea Tree Oil
1. Making Sprays With Tea Tree Oil
For this purpose, you may need a clean spray bottle that you can purchase from any stores or you can just use an empty bottle that’s available at your home.
- Tea tree oil and water
You can make a spray with just a few drops of tea tree oil and few ounces of fresh water; spray it all over your hair not avoiding your scalp.
You need to leave it like this for at least 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with a tea tree oil shampoo if possible.
To make it all soaked up, drench a towel in hot water and cover your head with it while waiting.
- Tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar
You can also mix an equal amount of apple cider vinegar with your tea tree oil and mix some water as well and make a spray. 
Apply it, keep it for sometimes and then shampoo it off. But this time, you need to keep your shampoo on your hair for more than 5 minutes before rinsing it off.
2. Making Hair Masks Using Tea tree Oil
You can make different masks for your hair using tea tree oil and use them for various purposes. Few ingredients that work immensely well with tree oil are:
- Mashed avocado
- Organic honey
All three of the above ingredients work well with tea tree oil.
So to get your desired hair, you can use any of the ingredients and mix it well with the tea tree oil.
Incorporate the mixture with any other essential oil and apply the pack as a mask on your hair and scalp.
3. Mixing Tea Tree Oil with other Oils
With coconut oil
Mix tea tree oil with some fresh and organic coconut oil.
This mixture works great on your hair for its antiviral and antibacterial properties.
With rosemary oil
Rosemary oil can stimulate the growth of your hair like no other.
So blend some rosemary oil with tea tree oil and use the mixture for your hair.
With lavender oil
You can also make a combination of tea tree oil and lavender essential oil.
It can help your scalp get rid of inflammation and itchiness .
Q & A
Q 1: Is it safe to leave tea tree oil on your hair overnight?
A 1: Yes it is safe but if you have to make sure not to skip the step of diluting tea tree oil with a healthy carrier oil before the application.
Q 2: Can you use tea tree oil on a rough and harsh scalp?
A 2: Tea tree oil treats your dry scalp and reduces the symptoms that are often accompanied by it. But you must avoid using tea tree on a wounded scalp that has open abrasions.
All the uses and procedures described above will help you a lot in understanding which method you need to start using to take care of your hair the way you want.
A whole bottle of this oil may be expensive, but only a tiny amount of it is needed to maintain a daily hair care routine. So purchase the oil from a trusted shop and start using this oil to achieve the hair of your dream.
Feel free to ask any questions. Hope this article came to your benefit.
Use tree oil, take better care of your hair!
Read Next: 5 Ways to Use Lavender Oil for Hair Problems