The use of herbs and plants has always been prominent in ancient and folk medicine, particularly for pain management and relaxation. Unfortunately, many of those herbs are often habit-forming as they’re usually sedating in nature.
Kratom, however, is one such herb that can achieve those effects without making a person dependent on it. The scientific name for kratom is Mitragyna Speciosa. It belongs to the coffee family and grows naturally in Southeast Asian countries. The natives of these regions would use it as a source of instant energy, as well as for its medicinal/healing properties.
When consumed in a controlled environment and with proper caution, kratom should not cause any side-effects.
This article highlights the significant distinctions between the two most prominent kratom strain types – Green Malay Kratom and Maeng Da. Both of these are not only different in terms of looks but also have different effects to offer. Let’s take a look at them in detail –
Super Green Malay kratom
Green Malay kratom is supposed to be one of the most economical kinds of kratom powders out there in the markets. One should have no trouble ordering it from online stores. Green Malay leaves are usually oval-shaped, which gives them a distinct appearance. Its veins have dark green tones.
Green Malay Origin:
The name itself gives it away as to where this particular kratom type came from – Malaysia. The weather of the country is ideal for growing the finest quality Super Green Malay which is clear from the fact that it came with the prefix ‘super,’ thus giving it a leading position in the kratom family.
The farmers use an intricate process that involves carefully handpicking the finest quality leaves. That makes it a time-consuming process but also ensures that the end product is rich in all the essential alkaloids. That explains the spectrum of effects Super Green Malay has on the human body and mind. The farming technique used is a significant parameter when determining the quality of Super Green Malay kratom powder.
Super Green Malay kratom Effects
- Energizing effects – The energizing effects of Super Green Malay make it ideal for people who may have to carry out physically challenging and high demanding jobs. Much like a caffeine rush that keeps you going for hours on end, you can expect a good dose of energy to kick-in.
- Stimulating effects – Since kratom works by interacting with the opiate receptors in the brain, you can expect a sudden onset of mild euphoric sensation. You may feel an elevated consciousness and a more awake/alert state of mind.
- Relaxing effects – This is where you feel better to focus on more mentally demanding jobs and improved concentration. Super Green Malay can have mild relaxing effects after a long day’s work to help you unwind and rejuvenate.
- Improved Mental Health – It can offer temporary relief from depression, anxiety, and stress. It may also induce the ‘feel-good sensation’ for some time.
- Better Sleep – Kratom helps relax muscles. It also tends to bring blood pressure to normal levels. To that end, an occasional user may experience some relief from sleeplessness, aka insomnia. A sudden feeling of calmness may help you achieve a good night’s sleep.
To achieve the right profile of effects, it’s essential to hit that sweet spot in terms of the right dosage. Since this is a super strain, even a small amount can leave a noticeable impact. If you are a beginner who has not yet established the right dosage for himself, start slow (ideally with 2 grams). If nothing happens, wait an hour and consume 1 gram more. Be careful with the dosage to avoid experiencing any uncontrolled effects or any ‘bad experience.’
Maeng Da Kratom
This is yet another potent kratom strain that is most popular for its mind-elevating and energizing effects.
It has a prominent effect on the mind in elevating the mood and as an energy booster.
Maeng da Kratom Origin:
This particular kratom finds its origin in the marshy regions of Thailand. However, ironically enough, it has been banned there. Therefore, the planters had to settle to the nearby places surrounding Indonesia.
A unique technique called ‘grafting’ goes into the preparation of Maeng Da kratom powder. It’s the grating process that ends-up making it much more potent and stronger as two more strains are combined with Maeng da during processing.
The goal is to maximize the number of alkaloids, such as 7-hydroxy mitragynine and Mitragyna.
Maeng Da Kratom Effects –
The spectrum of effects can vary from one user to another based on several factors involved. However, one can expect to see the following dominant effects –
- May Boost Sex-Drive – While there is no scientific evidence to support such claims, but an occasional user may experience an increased libido and an improved inclination towards sex.
- Mental Clarity – One of the most prominent aspects of Maeng Da is its ability to put your mind at ease. Additionally, it can also help build focus and make you feel more energized.
- Anxiolytic activity – Those struggling with chronic depression and anxiety are likely to experience a sudden relief from Maeng Da kratom powder. It can make you feel more positive and optimistic for the time-being and instill a sense of rejuvenation and happiness.
- May offer relief from pains and aches – For mild pains that may be discomforting, kratom can offer an excellent helping hand. Mild sedating effects may accompany the relief. Due to its ability to manage pain, some like to use it before the workout to help with sore muscles and cramping.
Like with any other kratom strain, consuming the right dosage is paramount. If you’re a beginner, as a thumb rule, try sticking with 1-1.5 grams. For minor dosage, 2-3 grams should be good, while moderate users can go with 3-5 grams. Anything beyond 5g is considered a high dosage.
While both Super Malay and Maeng Da had a different set of things to offer, they do share some common grounds as well. For instance, both of them have energizing effects.
It’s hard to say which one is better than the other. In the end, it all comes down to what kind of effects you’re aiming for.