Most of the hair problems that you suffer from may be the reason for dry scalp and dandruff.
Dry scalp promotes many skin problems and acts as an abode to various bacteria and germs.
An infected dry scalp may lead to dandruff and flakiness.
If you want to get rid of both the problems with some of the easiest and natural home remedies, take a look at this whole article.
In this article, we will cover:
- What are the reasons behind a dry scalp
- Home remedies for dry scalp
- What causes dandruff
- Home remedies to get rid of dandruff
- Tips and precautions
What Are the Reasons Behind a Dry Scalp?
If your scalp lacks in proper hydration and suffers from lack of nutrients, you may get a dry scalp.
Dry scalp can lead to many skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema, and dandruff.
Scalp psoriasis is a skin disorder that makes the skins of your scalp reddish and flaky. 
Eczema is a skin problem similar to psoriasis. Your skin will feel inflamed and cause discomfort to you. 
Here are 5 Best Natural Home Remedies For Dry Scalp And Dandruff
Listed below are some of the best home remedies to treat your dry scalp.
1. Coconut Oil
The sweet smelling coconut oil is a composition of high saturated fats which are great moisturizing agents for your dry scalp. 
Coconut oil is a package of powerful antioxidants along with vitamin E, vitamin K, and many other healthy nutrients.
It is rich in natural fungicidal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Application of coconut oil on your dry scalp will provide the perfect moisture and nourishment also protecting it from harmful intrusions.
- Coconut oil
- Warm up some coconut oil and apply on your scalp massaging gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your scalp for a few hours or overnight and wash off with a shampoo.
- Repeat this at least twice a week.
2. Egg Yolk and Yogurt
An egg is a powerful element when it comes to hair problems. Egg yolks are rich in many vitamins and fatty acids. 
The vitamin A of egg yolks works incredibly well with dry scalp providing nourishment and hydration.
The fatty acids control sebum production and unclog hair follicles. Yogurt contains strong antibacterial properties and proteins.
It nourishes your scalp and prevents it from infections due to dryness.
Egg yolks incorporate well with yogurt. A mask of egg yolks and yogurt is a proven remedy for a dry scalp.
- 2 egg yolks
- Half a cup of plain yogurt
- A teaspoon of honey
- Beat the egg yolks, and add in yogurt and honey.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it for half an hour before washing off with a good shampoo.
- Repeat once a week.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a storehouse of vitamins. Vitamin E and A contributes greatly in reducing dryness and locking the moisture to your scalp.
Aloe vera gel contains amino acid which is an added benefit for the scalp. 
It also has antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties that both prevent and treat infections. 
- Aloe vera gel
- An essential oil of your choice
- Mix in some aloe vera gel with a few drops your favorite essential oil.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Repeat a few times a week.
4. Fuller’s Earth Clay
Fuller’s earth clay controls the excess oil production of your scalp by absorbing them. 
For a healthy and perfectly moisturized scalp, a balanced sebum production is essential.
If it is produced in excess, it may cause scalp infections. 
The fuller’s earth clay also nourishes your scalp.
It provides proper hydration and prevents your scalp from infections.
- Fuller’s earth clay
- Olive oil
- Whisk some Fuller’s earth clay with olive oil.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it to rest for an hour.
- Wash off with a shampoo and repeat twice a week.
5. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is a powerful antioxidant enriched with nourishing properties. 
It will nourish your scalp and prevent infections.
It works on your scalp and fights with the bacteria and germs that are attracted to dry scalp.
Vitamin e oil keeps your scalp hydrating and protects it from free radical damages. 
It also improves the blood circulation of the scalp which promotes healthy scalp and healthier hair.
- 5 to 6 capsules of vitamin E oil
- Take the oil from the capsules in a bowl and apply all over your scalp massaging gently.
- Leave for an hour and wash off with a shampoo.
- Repeat at least once a week.
What Cause Dandruff?
Dandruff is a long-term skin condition. 
It is mostly harmless but often accompanies many other skin problems such as itchiness, inflammation, redness and flaky skins.
Dandruff occurs when your scalp becomes too greasy or dry and produces white dead skin flakes. 
The shedding of dead skin cells are normal for every skin type, but shedding in excess may be a reason of dandruff.
Dry scalp, harmful hair products, stress hormones and skin conditions like eczema, scalp psoriasis, dermatitis can be the reasons behind dandruff.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Take a look at five of the easiest and completely natural home remedies to fight off your dandruff.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful remedy to unclog your hair follicles. It also clarifies your scalp and prevents fungal infections.
Apple cider vinegar helps in restoring healthy pH of your scalp.
It contains strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Therefore, the use of it will soothe your scalp from inflammation and itchiness caused by dandruff. 
You can mix apple cider vinegar with some essential oils for greater results.
Essential oils are rich in natural anti-inflammatory, fungicidal and easing components and together with apple cider vinegar, they can be a potent tonic to control dandruff. 
This method will effectively bring relief from itchiness and irritation of your scalp.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lavender, Rosemary or Lemongrass essential oil
- Spray bottle
- First, wash your hair with a shampoo.
- Dilute 2 parts of apple cider vinegar with 1 part of water and mix in a few drops of your chosen essential oil to the solution.
- Fill in the spray bottle with the solution and spray a good amount of it all over your hair and scalp massaging gently for a few minutes.
- Shampoo again and wash
- Repeat it once in a week.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil, also known as Melaleuca oil, comes from the leaves of the tea tree.
It is an Australian native plant known as Melaleuca alternifolia. 
The oil contains strong antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-infection properties.
It is famous for removing dandruff from your scalp.
The antiviral and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil provide protection to your scalp and prevent infections.
Tea tree oil also works on dry scalp, ensures proper nourishment and helps in removing flakiness off your scalp. 
- Tea tree oil
- Any carrier oil of your choice
- Make a mixture of tea tree oil with any carrier oil and apply it all over your scalp massaging in a circular motion.
- Make it rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes before washing off with a tea tree shampoo.
- Repeat daily till you get desired output.
3. White Vinegar
It contains acetic acid which is a strong antifungal agent.
It will combat dandruff causing fungi and prevent your scalp from further Infections.
White vinegar balances pH level and soothes itchiness.
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- Mix white vinegar and water together.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo and rinse it with this solution.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat thrice a week.
4. Lemon Juice
One of the main reasons for dandruff is an imbalanced pH of your scalp. 
Lemon juice is a strong pH balancer.
It maintains a healthy pH level of your scalp and keeps dandruff at bay.
Lemons are rich in antiseptic properties that help in reducing the itchiness accompanied by dandruff.
- A lemon
- Mix juice of a freshly squeezed lemon with some water and rub it on your entire scalp.
- Leave for 5 minutes before washing off with a shampoo.
- Repeat this process a few times a week.
Also Read: 10 Ways Lemon Oil Can Benefit your Health
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is renowned for its great absorbing property.
It absorbs the excess oil produced by your scalp.
Excess sebum production clogs hair follicles and attracts fungi that cause dandruff. 
Baking soda helps to balance the sebum and prevents infections.
It is a mild exfoliating element that helps to remove dead skin cells from your scalp.
It also balances the pH level and ensures a healthy scalp.
- Baking soda
- Wet your hair and rub some baking powder all over your scalp.
- Leave it this way for a few minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat at least twice a week.
Tips and Precautions
- Wash your hair every day or every other day.
- During winter, ensure proper care to your hair and scalp.
- Cover your head while going under direct sunlight if possible.
- Drink lots of water regularly.
All the remedies described above are very effective and easy to try at home.
Hope this article came to your help.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask by leaving a comment in our comments section below.