Essential oils are effective options to repel moths  – Why?
- They are cheap
- They are hassle-free
- They are safer 
- They are tolerable to human nasal sense
- They keep your clothes hole-free
- Some essential oils may protect your skin from moth bites.
And most importantly, they guarantee to repel or kill the moths if applied wisely.
Why should you bother to use essential oils to repel moths?
The answer is, if the odd and tiny holes are still there in your wooly, silk and cotton fabrics, it means you have not done anything yet to keep the bugs away from your lovely clothing.
Hence, this article comes handy as it will cover some useful essential oils and their functions in controlling moths.
Stay with this article through to the end- and it will prove valuable.
Essential Oils for Moths Control
People may suggest you apply mothballs in your closet or in the places where moths are likely to infest. But know this- mothballs are no lesser hassle than the moths themselves.
Mothballs consist of chemical pesticide and deodorant. The chemical effect and the odor it spreads are intolerable and harmful to health . It may not only kill the moths but keep you away from your wardrobe as well.
Here comes the necessity of applying the essentials oils that are safe and useful at the same time.
The following are 10 (Ten) essential oils that are effective in repelling and killing these clothe eaters. You may apply one of these oils describe below, but you must consult your physician or a doctor before doing so.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is a natural medicine for many, but its use as a bug repellent is also effective. Moths and flies hate rosemary fragrance and keep a distance from it.
Rosemary essential oil can be an excellent option for moths repellent .
Lavender Essential Oil
Fragrant to human, but hateful to moths- that is the duo quality of lavender! Like rosemary, moths hate lavender smell also . A lavender essential oil can save your off-season clothes in the wardrobe.
Moreover, the lavender smell can create an aroma in your clothes, which will keep your closet cheerful.
Lemon Essential Oil
A lemon essential oil can be used singly or mixed with lavender essential oil before applying. This oil should put the moths off and discourage them from nesting in your clothes .
The lemon essential oil has a joyful fragrance that would refresh your closet or wardrobe, including the clothes kept inside it.
Cedar Essential Oil
One of the most used essential oils in the pesticide industry is cedar essential oil . Cedar essential oil is simply the killer of moths and other insects.
When in contact with moths and its larvae, cedar essential oil is said to have the ability to dehydrate them and destroy their navigation system. In a word, it removes your problem from the root.
Lemongrass Essential Oil
Well known for its citrus smell, lemongrass essential oil is a popular choice as a moth and insect repellant.
Moths and insects find this particular oil despising.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Besides insecticidal properties, peppermint essential oil has a powerful scent that repels the moths away . You may use it singly or mix it with other potent essential oils before applying.
Either way, it can release you from the moths’ invasion.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essential oil is a very effective moth repellent. Its sharp smell is unbearable to moths.
Cinnamon oil is useful in making insect-repellent film coating .
Whenever moths encounter the cinnamon essential oil, they retreat immediately.
Clove Essential Oil
Clove is an excellent fruit and spice, so is an essential oil. The essential oil of the clove is very handy in repelling the moths.
Clove essential oil can be effective singly or in combination with lavender oil .
It can also protect your skin from insect bites and give your bitten skin a comforting feel.
Tansy Essential Oil
Native to Europe and Asia, tansy is a flowering plant that has great value in its chemical properties. Tansy essential oil is highly effective in manipulating the moth larvae and altering its growth system .
Garlic Essential Oil
Garlic essential oil is also proven to be an efficient repellent of moths. Like tansy, garlic essential oil has a similar effect on the moth larvae and its growth .
How to Apply Essential Oils
- Polish your wooden wardrobe and closet with peppermint essential oil. Its sharp smell will keep moths away.
- Dip some cotton balls into lavender, lemon or rosemary essential oil and place them around the closet and inside the wardrobe drawer.
- Make a spray containing water about half of the total liquid and the rest with lavender and lemon essential oils equally. Spray it over your clothes and the walls of the closet- this should do fine.
- You can hang a small bag of dried cedar in your closet or keep an open bottle of cedar essential oil there.
- You can wet a towel or a piece of cloth with rosemary essential oil and hang it on the closet rod. Make sure to remove and redo the cloth weekly.
- Drop a few amounts of rosemary, clove, or lavender essential oil on the possible places to protect the area from moth attack.
- Wet a piece of paper with cinnamon essential oil and hang it on the closet. Moths shall run for life.
Besides applying essential oils, you should iron your clothes regularly to wipe out the larvae or eggs laid by the moths.
Safeties You Should Follow
- Keep away the rosemary and cedar essential oils from children and pets. These two oils may have poisonous effects.
- A cinnamon essential oil may last a bit longer in your clothes if applied as a spray or placed nearby. Consider this if you don’t like cinnamon smell coming out of your clothes.
Essential oils are beneficial to keep your home moth and insect free, especially from those that are harmful. Green pesticides- that’s what they are called 
Besides nesting in your clothes, moths can sometimes bite your skin. Though most of their bites are not particularly harmful, they may leave rashes, bumps, and itching in your skin.
You must be careful about the South-American caterpillar moth, which is venomous.
A single sting of it may cause you bleeding, headache, and vomiting. And worst, the fast-spreading venom may affect your lung and kidney. The anti-venom should be administered in no time if someone is stung by it.
You should keep one or more of the essential oils mentioned above in your home. It is wise to keep yourself ready for preventing any future pest harm. Apart from clothing, you must be responsible for your children and pets.
Lastly, don’t avoid seeing your doctor before or at least after using these essential oils. A doctor’s wise suggestion will always save you from side effects.