Your bones can be fractured or broken by a force applied to them. This situation can be extremely painful. However, some natural ingredients like essential oils may help reduce the pain and swelling caused by the fractured bones.
The cause of such injury differs from person to person. Yet the most common ones are falls, accidents and too much usage of the body.
Fractured bone or broken bones are of four main types. These are closed, open, displaced and non-displaced.  There is a specific treatment for each of these.
However, you can always get some additional support to speed up the healing process of a broken bone.
Essential oils for fractured bones may help in the natural healing process. 
Keep reading to learn more about the efficacy and uses of essential oils for fractured and broken bone treatment.
How Can Essential Oils Heal Fractured and Broken Bones?
No essential oils can cure broken bones by themselves.
They may provide only extra support to fasten the healing process. They may also relieve the pain occurring from fractured bones. 
The essential oils are rich sources of vitamin D, K, and calcium necessary for optimum bone health.  Essential oils may enable you to get back the flexibility and strength of your bones.
Potential Essential Oils for Fractured Bones Healing
1. Lavender Oil
People discovered the health benefits of lavender about 2,500 years ago. 
These are just a few of its many therapeutic benefits.
A 2016 study shows that lavender oil can treat wounds and soft tissue injuries related to fractures. 
How to use lavender essential oil for bone regeneration:
- You need to mix 3-5 drops of the oil and a half teaspoon of coconut oil to heal fractured bones with lavender oil.
- Gently apply the solution to your affected area every day using a cotton ball
- Inhalation the oil will relax your mind and help you to sleep better.
2. Peppermint Oil
If your fractured bone gets swollen, you can use peppermint oil to eliminate the swelling.
Moreover, the cooling effects of peppermint oil aids in reducing the tension headaches and sprains.
Peppermint oil is also good for relieving sore and tired muscles. 
How to use peppermint essential oil for bone healing:
- You can add 10 drops of peppermint oils to 1 cup of coconut or jojoba oil.
- Gently massage the oil solution to the affected area.
- You may also add peppermint oil in a warm bathtub; it will make you feel relaxed and lighten up your mood.
3. Ginger Oil
Since ancient times, people have been using ginger for various medical purposes.
Ginger oil has natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. These constituents in the oil may prove to be effective for broken bones. 
Ginger oil may also work on fractures, torn skins, internal bleeding, and tissue damaged by broken bones.
How to use ginger oil for healing fractured bone:
- Softly rub some drops of undiluted ginger essential oil directly on the fractured area.
- Or mix ginger oil with a carrier oil and use the mixture twice a day for best results.
- Ginger oil is one of the safest oils which you can consume through the digestive system.
- You can mix it in your tea and foods to increase the number of antioxidants and antibacterial agents in your diet.
4. Marjoram Oil
Marjoram oil is well known for its ability in treating the pain from muscle spasms and tightness.
Marjoram oil can improve your mood when you suffer from the pain of a fracture.
You can use this essential oil to reduce your pain and swelling caused by fractured bones.
How to use marjoram oil for reducing broken bone pain:
- Mix 10 drops of marjoram oil with 1 cup of olive oil and massage the affected area.
- Marjoram oil is a regular component of aromatherapy. So, you can diffuse it in your room atmosphere if you enjoy herbal scents and fragrance.
5. Wintergreen Oil
Wintergreen oil is well known for reducing arthritis and rheumatism bone pain.
The aromatic oil has pain-calming properties. 
It may be able to relieve muscle pains from injuries like fractured bones.
Broken bones often come with swelling. Using wintergreen oil to massage the affected skin area is a great idea.
It penetrates through the skin into the muscle tissues. It can boost the circulation of blood which assists to flush obstructions in the blood flow.
Wintergreen oil may also stop the uric acid from building up in the affected area.
How to use wintergreen oil for fastening bone healing:
- Combine 2-3 drops of wintergreen oil with a couple of drops of some other essential oils and herbs.
- You can inhale the mixtures to remove the pain and improve your sleep.
Fractured Bones- Diagnosis and Treatment
It’s recommended to visit a doctor, in case you have experienced a severe injury of the bone. A doctor may do an X-ray, CT scan, MRI or bone scan to examine the nature and condition of the fractured or broken bone. 
A secondary internal injury or bleeding, infection on the open fracture may lead to a serious medical situation. A medical professional may prescribe the proper painkiller and antibiotics to treat the condition.
If you had a severe bone fracture, the doctor may go for an open reduction or repositioning of the bone through surgery.
The surgeon may immobilize your fractured bone with a cast or splint. Generally, the fractured bone may heal in 4-6 weeks. Once the cast is removed you need to rehabilitate the bone to its previous strength through some exercises or physiotherapy.
It’s a must that you review your injury carefully.
So that you can choose the right type of essential oils for fractured bones and use them effectively.
Remember, essential oils can only aid in the fast healing of the fractured bones and reduce some of the symptoms.
These oils cannot heal broken or fractured bones on their own. You must seek medical attention to treat broken bones as early as possible.
It’s also highly recommended to consult an expert before you start using any of the essential oils.