Having a bronzy and glossy tan is most people’s desire.
You can try some sunblocks, but most of them contain harmful chemicals. Some people prefer a tanning bed, but it’s not even harmless either.
Instead of relying on these harmful sunblocks, you can use some natural ingredients for tanning, such as coconut oil.
Why Use Coconut Oil for Tanning Bed?
While some people think tanning beds are safer than the sunlight to get a tan, they are wrong. A tanning bed can harm your body, especially to your skin the ways sunlight does. 
You may develop a melanoma or skin cancer if you frequently use tanning beds without any protection.
Coconut oil is rich in excellent medicinal properties that are not only good for your health, but also for your skin. 
Using coconut oil on your skin before you get into a tanning bed can be beneficial for your skin in many ways. It doesn’t have any harmful chemicals, so you can use it without being worried about your skin.
Here are some valid reasons why you must use coconut oil for tanning bed:
1. Coconut Oil is Chemical Free
Commercial sunscreens, sunblocks, as well as tanning oils, have chemicals like paraben and solvents.
While the SPF in these sunscreens can protect your skin, these harsh chemicals may have some side effects. 
If you have sensitive skin, the situation may get worse after applying sunscreens or tanning oils.
Coconut oil is 100% natural and does not contain any harmful chemicals; hence it’s entirely safe to use.
Read More: 13 Best Essential Oils for Skin Glow
2. It Nourishes Your Skin
Unlike many tanning oils, coconut oil nourishes your skin while giving you the perfect bronze.
It comes with natural fatty acids that secure the moisture and hydration of your skin. 
Spending so many hours in the tanning bed may make your skin dry and wrinkled. Coconut oil will provide you the sun-kissed look without making your skin dry.
Besides the fatty acids, coconut oil also contains vitamin E that nourishes your skin and ensures that your skin texture doesn’t suffer.
3. Coconut Oil Protects You from Harmful Rays
While many commercial salons claim their tanning beds are the safest, think twice before you get into the trap.
As we said before, there was a study that proved that a tanning bed could cause melanoma, you must not get into one without any protection. 
Coconut oil not only nourishes your skin, but it also creates a protective layer on your skin surface.
Whether you use the oil alone or mix it with other tanning oils, it will help reflect those harmful rays off your skin.
4. It Fights Infections
Whether you’re lying on a beach or inside a tanning bed, your skin gets exposed to different germs and microorganisms in the environment.
It happens when you’re not even aware of it, leaving you with a high risk of infections.
Coconut oil is well known for its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. It can fight any germs and harmful microbes that wreck your skin, as well as your health. 
5. Coconut Oil Soothes Your Skin
Coconut oil can soothe your skin if it gets burned by the sun or the tanning bed.
You may have inflammation due to the harmful rays, allergic particles, or even dust if the tanning bed isn’t correctly clean.
6. Coconut Oil Helps Get a Faster Tan
Are you tired and bored of spending so much time on that suffocating tanning bed to get the perfect tan? Coconut oil can help you with that.
This natural oil gets absorbed into the skin quickly and activates the melanin-producing layer under the surface of your skin.
So, rub some coconut oil and get inside the tanning bed to get your desired tan faster.
7. It Makes Your Skin Shiny
If your skin gets exposed to those harmful rays of tanning beds, not only you will develop cancer, but also it will become rough and dull.
You don’t get tanned to get a dull skin, do you? So, here’s the solution.
You can apply coconut oil to keep your skin shiny after getting tanned. Rubbing coconut oil before you get into the tanning bed will make your skin darker and polished in the long run.
Read More: 6 Essential Oils for Sun Damaged Skin
How to Use Coconut Oil for Tanning Bed
There’s a controversy on the use of coconut oil in a tanning bed. Some say you should use oil inside a tanning bed, while others say you should.
Well, when it comes to protecting your skin, you must use coconut oil as a safe option.
Some spas may not allow you to use oil when you’re getting into their tanning bed, saying that it will damage their equipment. But you can still use coconut oil on your skin without damaging any of their material.
- Before you get into the tanning bed, rub some coconut oils on only those exposed parts of your body that will not touch the plastic inside the tanning bed.
- Towel down the acrylic and remove the traces of the body oil when you’re done with your tanning. The acrylics are now protected and won’t harm any equipment of the tanning bed.
- After showering, put some coconut oil on your back, as well as on other areas that might touch the plastic. You can tell someone to rub the oil on your back.
You can use only coconut oil or make a solution with other essential oils or herb from the given options below:
- Take a bowl and add 5-10 drops of each of coconut essential oil and vanilla essential oil, two tsp of each of sesame oil, walnut oil, and avocado oil in a ¼ cup of virgin coconut oil.
- Stir well and pour this mix in an airtight jar.
- Apply it before you’re getting into a tanning bed.
- Take ¾ cup of boiled water and place three black tea bags in it. Let them sit for a few minutes.
- Take a blender and add ¼ cup of each coconut oil, and lanolin oil and ¾ cup of brewed black tea and blend them.
- Store it in an airtight jar and apply the oil before you’re getting tanned.
- Take a saucepan and pour two cups each of coconut oil and olive oil in it.
- Gently warm the mix and pour it in a glass jar.
- Let it cool down and apply this mixture before you get inside a tanning bed.
Getting a sexy bronzy glow on the skin isn’t difficult if you can get it right.
If you don’t want to spend time under the scorching sun, then a tanning bed is the best option for you.
While the tanning bed can do a lot of harm to your exposed skin, protect it by applying some coconut oil and get that glossy, bronzy look everyone is craving.
We hope you get the perfect solution for your dilemma with a tanning bed. Let us know how you feel about using coconut oil in the comment section below.