Earwax is the most annoying thing to have.
Do you know there are natural ways to remove it?
The glands usually produce earwax in your ear canal.
Generally, the wax of the ear gets dried up and comes out of your ear along with trapped dirt or debris.
Every individual has ear wax, just the quantity and type vary and are sometimes genetically determined.
The ear canals which are small or oddly shaped sometimes make it hard for the wax to get out of the channel and cause wax impactions.
You can use some potent essential oils for earwax remedy at home. 
In this article, you will learn about:
- What is earwax
- Its causes, symptoms and
- How to use essential oils to get rid of it naturally
What is Earwax?
Earwax is known as “cerumen” in the technical term which is a substance generated in the ear to prevent the inner ear from dirt and the growth of bacteria.
The cerumen can develop in the ear canal that can cause an earache and trouble hearing.
You can remove visible earwax with a cotton bud but gently clean it and avoid poking too much inside your ears.
Were you aware of the fact that earwax is a self-cleaning agent which has lubricating protective and antibacterial properties?
The small glands of the outer ear canal frequently pump it out under normal circumstances.
In a perfect scenario, excess earwax is supposed to move out of the ear canal which has dirt dust and other particles in it.
Remember, not to poke in your ears with bobby pins and other gadgets as it can lead to ear infection.
Too much buildup of ear wax can cause blockage in the ear canal and lead to hearing loss, ear infection and ringing in the ears. 
- Impaction or blockage happens when the earwax gets too thick in the ear canal.
- The impactions occur when you use the objects such as bobby pins or rolled napkin corners. It removes the upper layer wax but pushes the remaining wax deeper in the ear canal.
- Sometimes, hearing aids and earplug users are more likely to get earwax blockage.
Symptoms of an earwax impaction are as follows:
- Hearing problem
- Pain in ears
- Feeling fullness in ears
- Ringing in the ears
- Irritation in ears or ear infection 
Why Your Ears Make Wax
It’s a normal process for your body to produce earwax as it helps to lubricate your ears.
Your ears would otherwise be itchy and dry if you didn’t have earwax.
It has antibacterial properties which makes your ears self-cleaning agents.
Earwax works as a filter for your ears by keeping out dirt and preventing them not to get deep inside your ears. 
Best Essential Oils for Clearing Earwax
Using oil essential oils is a safe and effective way to remove earwax.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Having clogged ears can be irritating but don’t worry there is a natural remedy for you to get rid of it.
Tea tree essential oil is a perfect solution to remove wax from your ears.
Tea tree oil enables to loosen up the earwax.
Moreover, tea tree oil has a natural antiseptic which helps to diminish any bacteria or fungus which grows inside your ears.
It contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which aid to eliminate ear infections and solves your ear problems in the long run.
Just a couple of drops of the oil helps to cut down the waxy buildup issues to enable your ear heal on its own. 
How to Use:
- Give one or two drops of tea tree oil in your ears around 5 to 7 days.
- Tilt your head to the side when putting the drops to let the oil get into your ears.
- For quick relief, apply the oil twice a day.
2. Garlic Oil
One of the best and most natural remedies for removing your excess earwax is garlic oil.
It is a superb remedy for clearing your clogged ears as it is antibacterial and best for cleansing the congestion.
To get the best results, you can make the garlic oil at home from fresh garlic.
Just crush two garlic cloves and let it rest about 10 minutes.
Then pour 5 tablespoons of olive oil into the stove, add the crushed garlic and warm it up around 10 to 15 minutes. The healing properties of garlic will mix with olive oil.
You can take off the oil mixture from the stove and allow it to cool down.
After that, you can apply fresh homemade garlic oil to clean your clogged ears.
If you find the process difficult, get garlic essential oil from the store. Make sure to buy the superior quality garlic oil.
Use this wonderful essential oil to cleanse the congestion in your ears.
How to Use:
- You can apply the fresh garlic oil made at home or use the store bought one. Put the oil to your ears nearly for 1 minute to enable the wax to loosen up. It will gradually remove the congestion makes your ears blocked.
- After that drain out the oil and experience the unclogged ears, free of wax. 
3. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary is yet another useful essential oil to help you remove earwax.
The botanical name of rosemary oil is “Rosmarinus officinalis L. cineoliferum,” remember this name as it’s vital for you to check it on the label before purchasing.
It helps you to differentiate between various rosemary species and to get the right one for yourself.
Rosemary oil works wonderfully for clogged ears as it eliminates the wax and mucus by making them more fluid.
This oil contains strong antibacterial and antiviral properties which help in clearing out sinus or ear blockages that are caused by inflammation or infection. 
How to Use:
- Put one drop of rosemary oil in your ears mixing it with one teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Tilt your head to let the oil get into your ears.
4. Eucalyptus Radiata Oil
Cleanse your clogged pores with this super effective essential oil.
The botanical name for this oil is Eucalyptus radiate.
The oil is well renowned for curing all types of ENT (ear, nose, and throat) problems.
Eucalyptus oil is beneficial for clogged ears, but it also works well for bronchitis, sinusitis, colds, and coughs.
The essential oil is high in cineole that helps in dissolving the excessive wax from your ears.
If the ear blockage occur due to the earwax build up, then eucalyptus will provide your perfect aid to remove it.
For best results, you can blend it with rosemary oil as it will make a potent blend of the two oils in demolishing dirt and bacteria. 
How to Use:
- You can apply this oil along with other carrier oil or rosemary oil for useful results.
- Mix one drop of eucalyptus oil with a teaspoon of carrier oil and pour the blend oil on your clogged ears.
- Repeat this process daily until your earwax is cleared out.
5. Olive Oil
One of the primary causes of clogged ears are too much of earwax in your ear canal called wax impaction.
Olive oil helps to soften the wax buildup to let it fall out of your ears smoothly.
You can use olive oil for clogged ears by merely pouring warm olive oil into a dropper and give three drops into your ears.
Ensure that your clogged ear faces upwards so that it reaches the inner part of your ears where the wax is stuck.
For quick relief, repeat this process for a few days or until your ear feel clear.
How to Use:
- You can mix one teaspoon of carrier oil with one drop of essential oil. Pour a drop into your ear while lying sideways.
- You can mix other essential oils for the blend. Apply one or two drops of essential oil with a teaspoon of other carrier oil.
- Gently massage the areas around your ears. 
Earwax can be the most annoying thing to have, but now you can treat it with the essential oils described here.
Usually, essential oils are safe to use for your ear impaction.
However, if you have some allergy issues, then consult with your physician before using these essential oils.
Did you find this article useful?
Share your feedback in the comment section.