Prostate problem is a matter of concern. Prostate cancer is the second key cause of cancer-related death among men in the United States. Some essential oils for prostate health can help improve the condition.
However, it is treatable if diagnosed at the initial stage. In addition, you can reduce the chance of having any prostate problem by changing your lifestyle and diet.
Some essential oils may also help you to get relief from prostate problems and related symptoms. 
Prostate & The Symptoms of Its Problems
The prostate gland is located below the bladder and in front of the rectum. 
It’s a part of the male reproductive system and comes in the shape and size of a walnut.
It takes part in making some of the fluid in semen that transfers sperm from your testicles when you ejaculate.
Some universal signs and symptoms are related to prostate problems:
- Abdominal pain
- Pain during ejaculation
- Frequent urination
- Bone pain
- Lower extremity swelling
- Burning while urinating
- Blood with urine
- A weak stream of urine
- The bladder doesn’t feel empty
- Erectile dysfunction
If the symptoms mentioned above persist, it’s a must to see a doctor before the condition gets severe. The essential oil remedies for prostate are only complementary and prescribed medications or treatments.
Best Essential Oils for Prostate Problems
1. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary essential oil is a powerful antioxidant made from rosemary herbs.
It contains carnosol and carnosic acid that may suppress prostate cancer. 
Its anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory attributes help reduce inflammation and pain in the prostate.
Rosemary oil is excellent for those in the early stage of prostate cancer.
How to use rosemary oil for prostate health:
- You can use pure rosemary oil internally for six weeks.
- You can also dilute this oil with equal parts of any carrier oil and massage the area right below your genitals twice a day.
2. Frankincense Oil
Also known as olibanum, frankincense is a resin from the Boswellia genus trees, particularly Boswellia sacra and Boswellia carteri. 
The oil is a top favorite to everyone because of its anti-cancer properties.
Frankincense essential oil is anti-inflammatory and can inhibit cancer cell viability. 
The oil can suppress 5-lipoxygenase, an enzyme that triggers inflammation in the body.
Its sedative properties help reduce stress, as well as pain.
How to use frankincense oil for prostate health:
- Mix frankincense oil with a carrier oil of your choice and apply topically right below the genitals.
- For internal use, you can place two drops of the essential oil on the roof of your mouth. You should follow this procedure for six weeks.
3. Myrrh Oil
Steam distillation makes myrrh essential oil from the tree’s resin in the genus Commiphora. 
Myrrh oil can also aid in healthy hormone balance crucial to cancer healing. You can use this oil as a pain reliever as well.
The oil can also work as a muscle relaxer, which is helpful when dealing with an enlarged prostate.
How to use myrrh oil for prostate health:
- Mix the myrrh essential oil with a carrier oil and apply the mixture in the area below the genital twice daily.
4. Ginger Oil
Not only the oil can kill the cancer cells, but it also can restrain them from becoming viable for chemotherapy.
Because the oil has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, it can also decrease swelling and soothe any pain.
How to use ginger oil for prostate health:
- Take 2-3 drops of ginger essential oil and rub it into the affected area.
- You should follow this procedure two times every day.
5. Peppermint Oil
This wonder oil comes from the peppermint plant, a spearmint and water mint hybrid. 
Peppermint essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and cancer-preventing properties that help people from the adverse effect of cancer, as well as chemotherapy. It can also inhibit DNA damage and cell death due to radiation.
A study shows peppermint essential oil has an active component named menthol that can suppress the growth of prostate cancer.
How to use peppermint oil for prostate health:
- You should dilute the peppermint oil in a carrier oil and rub it right below the genitals.
- You can also take this oil internally. Mix 5-10 drops of peppermint essential oil in your regular lemonade and enjoy the drink.
6. Lavender Oil
The oil is made from lavender, an essential ingredient in aromatherapy because of its calming effects. 
The oil has the phytochemicals perillyl alcohol and linalool that can aid in healing cancer. 
Lavender essential oil is a pain reliever, but it is also an anti-tumoral. The oil can decrease the weight of a tumor and curb cell growth.
The oil can also reduce stress and improve your sleep quality, meaning that your anxiety and depression are relieved.
How to use lavender oil for prostate health:
- You can massage 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area for 20 minutes daily.
- You can also use it as a cold diffuser. Just diffuse it into the room with a cold mist diffuser and enjoy its therapeutic aroma.
7. Oregano Oil
The origin of the herb is the Mediterranean, Asia, and Europe.
The anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-mutagenic, and anti-carcinogenic properties of essential oregano oil can reduce swelling and inflammation and fight prostate cancer. 
It contains carvacrol, an active component with potent antioxidant properties when ingested.
It also has ursolic and oleanolic acid that involve cell physiology in specific methods.
How to use oregano oil for prostate health:
- First, dilute a few drops of essential oregano oil with an organic carrier oil, put it into an empty gelatin capsule and take it as oral medicine.
- You can mix it with a carrier oil, apply the blend right below the genitals, and gently massage the area.
8. Thyme Oil
Thyme essential oil comes with estrogen binding and hormone balancing properties, which means the oil is quite effective against a few types of cancer. 
The oil contains antiseptic properties that can prevent infection on the skin and within the body.
It can also impede the inflammatory enzyme, thus reducing inflammation of the prostate.
How to use thyme oil for prostate health:
- Dilute this oil with a carrier oil and apply the mixture to the affected area.
- You can also diffuse the oil into your room and use it as aromatherapy to calm yourself.
Most men don’t understand the importance of maintaining a healthy prostate.
The prostate gland is responsible for secreting the seminal fluid that helps carry the sperm in the testicles, meaning it’s essential for fertility functions.
You should consult your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of a prostate problem. Besides, follow some precautions and experts’ guidance while using essential oils for prostate health problems.
Some of them are too strong. Make sure you dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice.