If you are a fruit lover, then maybe you want to add an amazing fruit to your diet from today!
Ackee is an exotic fruit that is very popular in Caribbean cuisine. It belongs to the soapberry clan. Ackee was initially grown in Jamaica and became its national fruit. Now it is cultivated all over West Africa.
The Ackee fruit does not only taste fantastic but comes with a ton of health benefits.
Today you get to know some incredible facts about this fruit:
- The Nutrient Facts of Ackee
- List of Ackee Fruit Health Benefits
The Nutrient of Facts of Ackee
Ackee is high in nutritional value. Most of these are elements that you need in your daily life to stay healthy. 
Some of the major nutrients in Ackee are listed below:
- Dietary Fiber- It is the part of the fruit that does not undergo digestion. Dietary fiber fights off a variety of digestion-related issues as well as constipation. 
- Carbohydrates- Carbohydrates help boost energy that we need to function better. 
- Fat- A common misconception is that Ackee is fattening. The fat in Ackee is healthy fats that are good for the body. It does not contain cholesterol or saturated fat that are harmful. 
- Protein- It is one of the most important nutrients we need. Protein helps with keeping the skin, muscle, etc. healthy. 
- Phosphorus– Phosphorus is an essential mineral for maintenance of bones and teeth. It is available in all the cells of the body. 
- Calcium- Calcium is necessary to improve a lot of body functions such as cardiovascular condition, healing bruises, and muscle contraction. 
- Iron- Iron is required for proper operation of the circulatory system. It helps transport oxygen to the cell and nourish red blood cells. 
- Sodium- Right amount of Sodium is necessary to support the nerves and muscles to operate well. 
- Potassium- Potassium is a useful electrolyte that helps control diseases like blood pressure. 
Try to avoid canned ackee and buy the actual fruit to get the most benefits out of it!
Word of Caution: Always avoid unripe Ackee as it can be toxic. Wait till the fruit opens and indicates it’s fully ripe. You can then try to make the popular Ackee and saltfish dish!
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Ackee Fruit
The nutrients in Ackee make it an absolute gem when it comes to solving many health issues!
1. Promotes Digestion
Ackee is rich in dietary fiber. The fibers help add bulk to the stool and make it move along smoothly. 
The dietary fibers also increase the number of complete peristaltic movements. This heals constipation as it helps to make the motion of stool much easier.
Ackee also helps cure bloating, colon inflammation, and stomach cramps due to digestion related issues.
2. Improves Bone Strength
Calcium is well known for its importance when it comes to bone health. It is particularly necessary for women to have a high intake of calcium as they are more prone to arthritis.
Ackee contains other essential minerals as well such as phosphorus, zinc, and iron which are necessary minerals for healthy bones. These minerals help prevent osteoporosis. 
3. Cures Anemia
Anemia is one of the diseases that cause a lot of side effects. Symptoms of Anemia include dizziness, nausea, weakness, and much more.
Luckily there are a lot of foods that help with increasing hemoglobin levels. Ackee is one of the best when it comes to treating anemia.
Ackee is a rich source of Iron. Iron is the most crucial element when it comes to curing Anemia as it increases the production of red blood cells. 
4. Controls High Blood Pressure
Ackee is a natural remedy for hypertension.
It is also a remedy for Atherosclerosis which leads to high blood pressure. Atherosclerosis is a disease that causes plaque to start building up on the inside of your arteries. The formation of plaque reduces the artery space. 
Ackee is a natural vasodilator. Potassium is one of the minerals present in Ackee. This is what makes it such a great vasodilator so that the pressure to pump blood decreases. Therefore causing blood pressure to normalize.
5. Boosts Body Immunity
It is important to have better immunity to lead a healthier life.
If you are someone who is very prone to sickness, then your immunity system needs some boosting.
6. Recovers Cardiovascular Diseases
Ackee, as mentioned above, helps with controlling hypertension and atherosclerosis. Both of these diseases can lead to heart attack and stroke. 
Another way Ackee fights off heart diseases is by controlling cholesterol levels. The unsaturated fats in Ackee are good fats that lower down the cholesterol. It accelerates the production of healthy unsaturated fats like linoleic and stearic.
Ackee helps eliminate the saturated fats that cause the cholesterol levels to rise dangerously.
7. Rich Source of Protein
Protein is one of the most fundamental ingredients in a healthy diet. 
The importance of protein is due to its role in many body functions. It promotes cell production, tissue regeneration, and healthy muscles.
Ackee has a high protein value in comparison to other fruits.
Ackee fruit can be a part of the protein diet that works wonders for weight loss. Proteins are harder to digest and make you feel for longer. It also helps in boosting energy levels that you need for an active life.
Ackee is Jamaica’s gift to the world!
It is one of the rare fruits that comes with so many elements that we need for a healthy life.
Pick a bunch delicious and ripe Ackee fruits and make exotic dishes while getting fit.
Always remember that making one good change in your diet can help you lead a healthier life!
Have you ever tried Ackee fruit? Share some of your favorite fruits in your diet below, and we will let you know their benefits in future posts!