A scalp pimple is a common scenario in both young and adults. Our scalp has pores just like our body that naturally secret oil known as sebum.  This sebum comes in contact with the already residing bacteria of the scalp, dead skin cells, and pollutants from clog the pores. 
A clogged pore becomes an abode to dirt and bacteria and causes the outbreak of pimples.
There are three types of scalp pimples: acne, furuncles, and folliculitis.
Acne is the most common form of pimples and can appear anywhere in the body. It’s very common at the time of puberty and often leaves scars. 
Furuncles mostly appear near buttocks, armpits, neck, and face. They appear with a swollen nodule and grow more prominent with time.
Folliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicles. You can see one hair strand coming out of a pustule. These are itchy, swollen, red and pus-filled.
This article lists some effective home remedies for pimples on head and scalp, plus the causes, tips and precautions when dealing with the condition.
Home Remedies for Pimples on Head or Scalp
Some natural and effective home remedies to get rid of scalp pimples are listed below.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is so far one of the most effective scalp pimples remedies.
We all know how much popularity this oil gained in the recent years for its contribution to successfully get rid of skin acne and blemishes. It’s applicable for your scalp as well. 
Tea tree oil has a dominant antiseptic property that protects your scalp from infections caused by fungus, bacteria, and dirt.
The oil is also suitable for balancing of the pH. It cleanses excess sebum off your scalp and helps shrink the pores.
How to get rid of scalp acne with tea tree oil:
- To use tea tree oil for your scalp pimples, you need to add two to three drops of this oil in your shampoo.
- Wash your hair with this and repeat this process two to three times a week for best results.
2. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera gel is another useful and straightforward remedy for scalp pimples.
Aloe vera is very good for dandruff problems. Dandruff can also be a reason for pimples. It reduces dandruff along with the risk of new pimples.
It has salicylic acid that protects your scalp from infections and prevents scalp problems like folliculitis. 
Aloe vera gel has a variety of B vitamins that improve your scalp’s health and promote hair growth.
How to get rid of pimples on scalp using aloe vera:
- Add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel on your shampoo and mix well.
- Wash your hair with this and use this remedy two to three times a week.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a wonderful beauty ingredient for its many proven benefits in solving skin and scalp problems.
Lemon juice has AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid) in it which is an active acne fighting ingredient. 
Lemon is a potent source of vitamin C and many other natural acids that help remove dead skin cells and restores pH balance to the scalp.
Lemon juice helps you to get rid of your scalp pimples and gives your hair a beautiful shine.
How to get rid of pimples on head with lemon juice:
- Get the juice of two to three lemons.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and apply the juice all over your scalp.
- Massage your scalp gently for five minutes.
- Wash off with plain water after ten to fifteen minutes.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
Also Read: Lemon Juice for Acne: 8 Simple Home Remedies
4. Baking Soda
If you have a greasy scalp, baking soda is just the thing you need.
You can get rid of your pimples and enjoy grease free scalp with the help of baking soda. 
Baking soda has antibacterial properties that protect your scalp from harmful intrusions of foreign substances.
It absorbs excess oil from the scalp, removes dead skin cells and prevents damage of the hair and scalp.
How to get rid of head acne with baking soda:
- Take one and a half tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with half a quarter cup of water.
- Use this mixture to wash your hair.
- Repeat one to two times a week.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best remedies you can try to get rid of excess sebum and dirt from your scalp is using apple cider vinegar.
Its mild acidity gets the job done very easily and effectively. It helps to remove dead skin cells from the scalp.
It has strong antimicrobial and antifungal properties that protect your scalp from infections. 
Apple cider vinegar is also good for balancing the pH of your scalp. We all know how much important a balanced pH is for the scalp. By balancing the pH, it controls the sebum production as well.
Scalp acne home treatment with baking soda:
- In a bowl, take 2:1 apple cider and vinegar and warm water and mix well.
- Before applying, wash your hair with shampoo and then apply the solution on your scalp using a cotton ball.
- Gently massage your scalp for five minutes and wait for fifteen minutes before washing off with plain water.
- You can try this remedy one to two times a week.
6. Neem Leaves
Neem leaves are rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties that protect your scalp from infections causing bacteria and fungus.
It has a strong healing effect that works on your pimples and makes them go away.
Neem leaves work on the scars and remove blemishes off your scalp. It removes dandruff from the scalp and keeps it clean.
The amazing properties of neem leaves make it a wonderful option for many other scalp and skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, rashes, bug bites, warts, athlete’s foot and many more. 
How to use neem for scalp acne cure:
- Boil some neem leaves in fresh water. Filter out the water and cool down a bit.
- Apply some of the solutions all over your scalp and wait for about an hour.
- Wash off using shampoo and rinse your hair with the remaining solution at the end.
- Repeat two to three times a week.
7. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are famous for their wonderful fragrance. But the leaves are also rich in powerful medicinal properties.
It is astringent that does wonders to your scalp by shrinking the pimples and opened pores.
Mint has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that protect the scalp.
Mint has menthol in it which is a fantastic soothing agent. It provides a calming effect to your scalp.
How to use mint for pimples on scalp treatment:
- Blend a handful of mint leaves, a piece of cucumber and half a tablespoon of honey.
- Apply the mix on your scalp and wait for fifteen to twenty minutes before washing off with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
8. Tomato Juice
You might have never heard of it, but tomatoes are good fit treating scalp pimples too.
Tomato juice contains salicylic acid which is beneficial for your scalp as it treats pimples.
It also has lycopene and many other necessary compounds that are good for both your scalp and care.
Tomato juice is good for pH balancing of your scalp and hair. It also protects your scalp from the sunlight.
How to get rid of pimples on your head using tomato juice:
- For this, you need the juice of at least two ripe tomatoes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo first and then apply the juice all over your scalp.
- Massage the juice on your scalp for a few minutes.
- Wait for at least fifteen minutes and wash off with water only.
Eggs are best for balancing the excess oil production of your scalp. It maintains a healthy level of sebum and prevents pimples.
Again, eggs are a fantastic source of nutrients and an amazing hair problem solution.
It had keratin that provides a good amount of protein to your hair and scalp. It makes your scalp healthy and capable of fighting against damage.
Use of eggs will not only prevent pimples, but it will also promote healthy growth of good luscious hair.
How to treat scalp acne using eggs:
- Mix two egg yolks and two teaspoons of castor oil together.
- Apply the mixture on your entire scalp and massage gently for five minutes.
- Wash off using shampoo after fifteen minutes.
- You can repeat this once or twice a week.
Causes of Pimples on Head
Some general causes of scalp pimples are:
- Unhygienic lifestyle
- Unplanned diet
- Fungal infections from people or animals
- Allergies from harmful products or substances
- Dirty scalp
- Inappropriate shampoos
Some Extra Tips and Precautions
- Hygiene is essential when you are dealing with pimples. Just like your body and face, your scalp needs a good wash every day to keep it dirt free. So try to maintain good hygiene for your scalp and hair.
- A proper eating habit amplifies the pimple prevention process. A good diet can bring a massive change in your life. So try to maintain a healthy eating habit. 
- You need to drink lots of fresh water throughout the day. Water helps to channel out toxins from your body and prevents pimples from developing.
- Though all the remedies described above are safe to use, if you feel any discomfort or irritating after applying a solution, stop using that.
- If you are allergic to any of the described ingredients, don’t try that remedy.
- As mentioned before, pimples can turn into serious skin problems for many reasons. If your rashes are not healing and increasing day by day, it’s time you see a skin doctor.