It’s a common viral disease that usually attacks people between the ages of 10 and 35 years old. It may last between six and nine weeks.
The reason behind pityriasis rosea is not sure. But doctors think a viral infection similar to a form of herpes is responsible for it. As there’s no specific cause, it’s difficult to prevent the disease.
Pityriasis rosea doesn’t come with many symptoms. But you can easily understand if someone has it as the rash is quite distinctive.
There will be a single, large rash or patch on your neck, back, stomach, or thigh when it first develops. We call it ‘mother patch.’
After a week or two, there will the ‘daughter patches’ joining the mother patch. They are smaller, scaly rashes that will be on your chest, or back mostly in a shape of Christmas tree.
They are not deadly, but you may feel intense itching, especially during exercise or exposure to heat.
If you’re pregnant, having pityriasis rosea could be a problem for you.
You can try some home remedies for pityriasis rosea to soothe the itching. While they won’t treat the disease, they will give you comfort.
Home Remedies for Pityriasis Rosea Natural Relief
Pityriasis rosea usually heals by itself between six and nine weeks and doesn’t require any treatment. But you can use some home remedies that will give you relief from itching and the severity of the rash’s appearance.
1. Aloe Vera
The cool, hydrating gel is one of the best remedies for any irritation and itching on skin, even if it’s due to pityriasis rosea.
How you may use aloe vera for pityriasis rosea:
- Cut one fresh Aloe Vera leaf and gently remove the skin.
- Extract the gel with a spoon.
- Apply the gel to your affected area 2-3 times a day until your condition gets better.
Read More: Aloe Vera for Acne: 5 Effective Ways to Use
Instead of just using it as a healthy breakfast, you can also use oatmeal to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin. 
Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds will soothe your skin if you take an oatmeal bath.
An oatmeal bath can help remove the dirt and dead skin cells and ease the itching due to pityriasis rosea.
Directions for using oatmeal for pityriasis rosea:
- Fill up your bathtub with warm water.
- Take some oatmeal and crush them into a fine powder. Add one cup of that powder to your bathtub.
- Mix them well, letting the oatmeal soak up and cool.
- Sit in the water for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Neem is an ancient and famous remedy to heal any skin disease.
It will fight any infections while soothing the irritation of your skin.
Home remedy for pityriasis rosea using neem:
- Take a large pot full of water and boil it.
- Add a handful of neem leaves to the boiling water and boil it again for 10 minutes.
- Let the water cool down and strain it.
- Use the water to wash once a day.
4. Coconut Oil
The medium-chain fatty acid of virgin coconut oil is great to moisturize and nourish skin.
Its anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties help kill germs responsible for skin infections.
Here’s how you may use coconut oil for pityriasis rosea:
- Take a generous amount of virgin coconut oil and apply it directly to the rashes.
- Gently massage the skin for five minutes, letting it absorb the oil.
5. Lavender Oil
It comes with antiviral properties that can kill the virus responsible for pityriasis rosea.
If the itching becomes unbearable, you can rely on lavender oil to soothe your irritation.
Lavender oil home remedy for pityriasis rosea:
- Dilute lavender oil in coconut oil.
- Use a cotton ball and apply the oil mixture to your skin.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another favorite essential oil to soothe skin irritation. 
This essential oils can effectively soothe any irritation, itching, and inflammation of your skin and speeds up the healing process.
Tea tree oil comes with excellent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help ease the symptoms of pityriasis rosea.
Learn how to use tea tree oil for pityriasis rosea:
- Dilute the tea tree oil with a suitable carrier oil of your choice.
- Apply the mixture to your affected area three times daily until you heal properly.
7. Calendula Oil
Calendula oil comes from the calendula or marigold flower.
It encourages the top layer of your skin to grow that will help improve the speed of recovery.
How you may use calendula oil for pityriasis rosea:
- Apply the calendula oil to your affected area.
- Massage the skin gently twice per day until you feel better.
8. Plantain Leaves
Plantain leaves are medicinal. It is excellent to heal inflammatory skin diseases. 
Plantain leaf is a natural astringent and emollient.
The anti-inflammatory properties of plantain leaf can soothe the itching and discomfort of your skin.
How to prepare and use plantain leaves home remedy for pityriasis rosea:
- Take some fresh plantain leaves and make a smooth paste using a mixer.
- Apply the paste to the rashes of your skin and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with fresh, cold water and pat dry with a soft and clean towel.
- Apply this process once per day until heals appropriately.
The herb comfrey contains a substance named allantoin that can speed up the healing process of your skin. 
Its astringent and emollient properties are excellent for your skin’s nourishment.
Comfrey also has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce any irritation and inflammation due to pityriasis rosea.
Simple home remedy for pityriasis rosea using comfrey leaves:
- Take some comfrey leaves and roots and wash them properly.
- Put them in a blender. Add an equal amount of olive oil in it.
- Blend it well and pour the mixture in a bowl.
- Put the bowl in hot water. Don’t overheat the product.
- Let it cool and then reheat.
- Repeat the process for 3-5 hours.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the mixture.
- You can use this oil as a compress over your rashes.
Chewing raw garlic may be the last thing you want to do, but believe me, you won’t regret.
Garlic is one of the most functional cures for reducing the symptoms of pityriasis rosea.
Directions for using garlic to treat pityriasis rosea naturally:
- Chew a few garlic cloves on an empty stomach every morning.
- Wash them off with clean water.
When you have itching and redness due to a skin disease, you should have food that contains omega-3 fatty acids.
Flaxseed consists of omega-3 fatty acids and can be an excellent remedy to reduce the redness and irritation of your skin. 
Effective remedy for pityriasis rosea using flaxseed:
- Take a tablespoon of flaxseed and grind it properly.
- Mix it with yogurt or breakfast cereal and eat it every morning until you get well.
Read More: 6 Essential Oils for Sun Damaged Skin
You can’t prevent pityriasis rosea as there’s no specific cause of this disease. But you can reduce the possibility of any skin disease just by making some changes in your lifestyle.
Don’t forget to take a bath every day, especially when you’re suffering from pityriasis rosea. It will remove the microbes from your skin. Wear comfy, and cotton dresses to avoid any irritation.
This skin issue will go away by itself after a particular time, you must consult a doctor, especially if you’re pregnant.
Hope you found these remedies helpful. You can try them at home and let us know about your experience.