Are you a victim of sleepless nights and dark circles all day long? Well, you’re not alone!
With time, our skin becomes more and more vulnerable; we begin to try numerous skin products, which only damages our skin further. The skin around our eyes is especially sensitive and is prone to damage.
Continue read inside:
- Why you get dark circles?
- Why use almond oil for removing dark circles?
- How to use almond oil for dark circles?
- Additional tips and warnings.
Why You Get Dark Circles?
The next thing you know you’re overdosing on makeup to cover up these imperfections, but your skin remains unhealthy.
So, if not cosmetics and skin products, then what is the best way to combat this common skin problem?
The answer is none other than the miracle oil – Almond Oil!
Almonds have always been a great source of nutrients and energy, and they taste delicious too!
For centuries, Almonds have served as the perfect addition to desserts and various food items, but would you have imagined that it could also serve as a beauty product?
But How is Almond oil Beneficial for Dark Circles?
Almond oil is a natural anti-inflammatory, which means it can fight puffiness under the eyes. Puffiness is an added problem that makes dark circles more apparent.
It also closes blood vessels that cause pigmentation if they are exposed.
Antioxidants in almond oil help to keep skin healthy.
Almond oil is a natural moisturizer too, keeping the skin supple.
And most importantly, it can lighten dark spots, therefore, reduce dark circles as well.
Now that you know about the countless benefits Almond oil has for you let’s have a look at some effective ways you can put these benefits to use!
13 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles Using Almond Oil
1. Almond Oil Massage
The simple act of massaging can bring about a significant change as it is beneficial for proper blood circulation.
Gently massaging Almond oil onto the area around your eye will ensure you get the maximum benefit from using this oil.
- Before bed, wash your face properly, making sure not to leave behind any residue, and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Take some almond oil and apply it around your eyes
- Massage slowly in circular motions around your eyes. Do this for 3-4 minutes.
- Leave this on overnight
- Use some cool water to rinse it off in the morning.
- Continue this routine for a few weeks until dark circles subside.
- Additionally, eat 10 almonds while carrying out this routine. (1)
2. Almond Oil Plus Night Jasmine
Puffy eyes make dark circles more visible, and that’s why reducing this is very important.
The natural astringent, Night Jasmine, not only tightens pores but also reduces inflammation. It also helps reduce scars and blemishes. This means Night jasmine has the power to reduce the appearance of dark circles from all aspects.
On top of this, night jasmine is also very hydrating, keeping your skin soft and supple.
Add this gem of a herb to the benefits of almond oil, and you can wave goodbye to those stubborn dark circles!
- Take 2 tablespoons of almond oil and mix in 2 drops of jasmine oil.
- Massage in circular motions around your eyes for 2-3 minutes.
- Leave this on for half an hour.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Apply this regularly, once a day, for best results. (1)
3. Almond Oil with Hot & Cold Compress
Have you ever noticed how your mum grabs a hot or cold compress when you bump your knee or forehead against something? This is because it helps reduce the swelling that might follow.
Heated and chilled pads both have a positive effect on puffy eyes.
With almond oils benefits, this is sure to work even better.
- Wash your face thoroughly and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Using a clean cotton cloth, dip into warm water and apply on your eyes for 5 minutes.
- Do the same with cold water and leave it on for another 5 minutes.
- Keep this on while you sleep and rinse off with cool water the next morning. (1)
4. Almond Oil Mixed with Honey
These benefits added to the ones of almond oil make a perfect combination.
- Mix half a teaspoon honey with half a teaspoon almond oil and stir it well.
- Put this mixture under your eyes every night before bed.
- Repeat this every night and see visible results after 1-2 months. (3)
RELATED: Honey for Sore Throat: Good or Bad?
5. Almond Oil & Rose Water
Rose water is a gentle astringent for refreshing your skin. It activates blood circulation, giving your skin a healthy glow.
It even acts as a natural toner and helps balance the pH in your skin, which is essential for avoiding discolorations such as dark circles.
Additionally, it has a relaxing smell which acts as a deodorant for your face.
- Dip some cotton ball in some rose water. Apply directly around your eyes.
- Allow this to dry.
- Once it has dried, apply almond oil. Massage in circular motions for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the oil to set overnight.
- Rinse off with warm water the next morning.
- For best results, apply this every night before bed. (3)
6. Almond Oil & Vaseline
This might sound a bit strange compared to the rest of the methods in this article, but wait till you see how well it works!
The petroleum Jelly in Vaseline helps minimise fine lines and signs of aging. The major function is to lock in moisture, in the process healing the skin.
- Mix in the almond oil with the Vaseline.
- Apply this mixture to your eyes. Gently massage for 1-2 minutes.
- For best results, leave it on overnight.
- Repeat this every night.
- Tip: Use any leftover mixture on your lips area to reduce fine lines on lips. (3)
7. Almond Oil with Castor Oil
Castor oil, just like almond oil, contains fatty acids that can help reduce dark spots or circles.
Anti-inflammatory properties in this oil help to reduce puffiness as well. (4)
Mixing the two oils makes for a perfect remedy for your dark circles.
- Use a dropper to take a little bit of both castor and almond oils. Stir them together in a small bowl.
- Apply this mixture on dry and clean skin.
- Massage the area for a few minutes to increase blood circulation.
- Leave it on overnight or for 45-60 minutes.
- Finally, wash the applied area with lukewarm water and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Use this oil mixture regularly until you see your dark circles disappear.
8. Almond Oil with Milk Powder
Aside from the usual health benefits of adding milk powder to your diet, it surprisingly has beauty benefits as well!
Milk powder is excellent for dry skin and gives your skin a marvelous shine thanks to its hydrating properties. (5)
This mixture is proven to work for not only dark circles but also to brighten up dull eyes.
- Mix almond oil along with milk powder in a small bowl
- Stir the mixture well until you get a fine, thick paste
- Apply the paste around your eyes
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes or until it completely dries
- Wash the dried paste off with clean water and then pat dry with a clean towel
- Make sure not to get any of this mixture into your eyes as it may result in irritation
- Continue this method regularly until you notice a significant difference (4)
9. Almond Oil & Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has a cooling property which works great for puffy eyes. It also renews skin cells very quickly as it has a thick, hydrating texture.
Adding this to almond oil will give it the extra benefit of making the skin around eyes glow.
For best results, scrape out the gel directly found inside the leaf of an Aloe plant. You can also find 90% or above Aloe vera gels in stores.
- Take one spoon of Aloe vera gel and mix it with 1 spoon of Almond oil.
- Using your finger, dab the mixture gently around your eyes.
- Leave this overnight and wash off the next morning to get instant results.
- This mixture may also be used as a primer before applying make-up
10. Almond Oil & Turmeric
It’s become quite clear how beneficial Turmeric can be when it comes to beauty and the like. Nearly every condition you face can be treated with Turmeric from the inside and out.
This fantastic ingredient can make your skin glow and reduce pigmentation all at once.
- Take a dash of salt and add it to a little bit of almond oil.
- Apply this mixture carefully under your eyes.
- Take a warm, damp cloth and place it over your eyes (make sure your eyes are closed).
- Keep the mixture on for just about 15 minutes and rinse off immediately.
- Do not keep this on for more than 15 minutes as it may stain your skin.
11. Almond oil & vitamin-E capsules
Vitamin E is known for its anti-aging properties. It repairs damaged skin cells very quickly, giving you a youthful look.
- Take 4 drops of vitamin E oil into a bowl
- Add a teaspoon of Almond oil
- Mix well and apply the mixture around the eyes
- Leave on for 5 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water, followed by cold water
- Repeat this every day before going out, and your face will get a fresh start
12. Almond Oil & Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural bleach which leaves your skin glowing and can reduce the intensity of visible marks and pigmentation. But using it alone may be harsh to your skin, especially if you have dry skin.
This is why adding it to essential oils, such as Almond oil, is the better option. Almond oil will ensure the lemon does not dry out your skin, especially since the most sensitive part of your skin is the one around your eyes.
- Take one part lemon juice and 3 parts almond oil
- Mix the two in a bowl
- Apply this mixture under your eyes overnight and wash off the next morning
- Results are instant!
13. Almond Oil with Olive Oil
Olive oil is undoubtedly one of the best oils for skin care. You’ll be surprised to know that Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen and known for her beauty used to apply olive oil for skin care. Olive oil contains essential fatty acids and antioxidants very similar to that of almond oil to nourish and rejuvenate your skin.
The antioxidants in olive oil can inhibit skin aging, wrinkles, skin sagging, and dark circles. A topical application of olive oil in combination with almond oil can brighten up your visage.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of both olive and almond oil
- Take some of the oil blend on your fingertips and apply them on dark circles.
- Massage the oil gently for a couple of minutes around and under eye dark circles.
- You can leave the oil overnight on your skin.
- Repeat the treatment daily before you go to bed to get rid of dark circles fast.
Tips and Warnings
- Make sure you wash off any mixture above very carefully so that none of it enters your eyes.
- In the case that some of it gets into your eyes, rinse your eyes with cold water to avoid any irritation or inflammation that may occur.
- Make sure to use pure and organic almond oil for any method you use.
- If you are pregnant or nursing a newborn child, then it is highly recommended you consult a doctor before using any such home remedies.
- Not just the oil but the nut too is a great beneficial ingredient. Eating Almonds on a daily will benefit you inside-out.
- Allergic reactions to nuts is a standard issue. If you feel strange after taking the oil or you already know you are one of them, then avoid using this ingredient and stick to other natural home remedies. (7)
Research has time and again proven the soothing nature of Almond oil. It has been found that this simple ingredient was used in ancient medicines by people such as the Chinese and Greeco-Persian (8). This article has made it pretty clear how beneficial Almonds and Almond oil is for you on the inside and out.
If long sleepless nights are an issue for you, resulting in ugly dark circles around your eyes every morning, then be sure to try these methods out.
Your eyes are one of the most beautiful features you have, so make sure you look after them to ensure a more confident you!