Smegma is a substance composed of oil, dead skin cells, and some other fluids on the point of the penis or in the folds of the vagina. 
It can cause irritation and an unpleasant odor if left untreated. That’s why it’s important to get rid of smegma buildup as early as possible.
Smegma is a secretion of the oil glands around your genitals. Over time it becomes hard and causes pain, redness, and inflammation. Increased production of smegma may lead to yeast infections as well. 
Men often find this under the foreskin of their penis, while women mostly have them around the clitoral hood or between the creases of the vagina’s labia.
The reason behind this buildup is related to your hygiene. If you don’t wash your genitalia correctly, you’re likely to get affected by smegma. You can remove smegma by yourself at home.
In this article, you will learn about some effective home remedies to get rid of smegma.
How to Get Rid of Smegma
1. Practice Genital Hygiene
Maintaining proper hygiene is the simplest way to get rid of smegma. 
You have to wash your genital area properly on a regular basis.
Wash your affected area with mild soap and lukewarm water. Clean all the areas beneath the foreskin, clitoris, or labia.
Don’t be harsh while scrubbing as it might irritate your skin.
2. Retract Your Skin and Clean
If you think only washing can clean your genitals properly, you are wrong. You need to retract the skin to eradicate the smegma.
Directions for removing white stuff around the penis:
- Pull back your foreskin. Gently clean your smegma with cotton wool and water.
- If the smegma becomes too hard, don’t use force. Put some olive oil to make it soft and gently remove it.
- Take a clean piece of cloth and pat dry the area. Place your foreskin back in its previous position.
Directions for removing female smegma:
- Pull back the skin folds of your vagina carefully and clean it with mild soap and warm water.
- Use your two fingers in a V-shape to keep the folds spread open. It will be easier for you to clean clitoral smegma.
- Repeat this process every day when you’re taking a shower.
3. Soak in Epsom Salt Bath
Having an Epsom salt bath can help you get rid of smegma quickly. 
Experts recommend an Epsom salt bath to soothe the irritation in the private parts.
How to use Epsom salt to get rid of white stuff under foreskin:
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and pour three cups of Epsom salt into it.
- Sit in that water and relax for 12 minutes. Repeat this process until you feel good.
4. Baking Soda Wash
Bicarbonate soda or baking soda is effective for removing odor. 
The antibacterial properties of baking soda can disinfect your genital. It can also help to break down the hard smegma, making it easier for you to remove the build-up.
How to do a baking soda wash for dick cheese :
- Put 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl of warm water.
- Soak your penis in that water for 15 minutes.
How to remove vaginal smegma using baking soda :
- Fill up your tub with lukewarm water and pour one cup of baking soda into it.
- Soak yourself in that water and clean the affected parts.
5. Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Although smegma isn’t dangerous, it lets the bacteria complicate the situation.
Direction to Use:
- Dilute raw apple cider vinegar and wash your genitals with it to sterilize your private parts.
- You can also consume diluted ACV. It will boost your immune system and prevent any internal infections.
6. Soften with Coconut Oi
If your smegma gets harder and more challenging to remove, you can rely on coconut oil. 
Coconut oil is a potent antiseptic and antifungal agent as it contains lauric acid and caprylic.
It can soften your smegma and prevent bacterial infection.
Direction to use coconut oil as smegma removal:
- Pour a few drops of organic coconut oil on your genitals before you start removing the smegma.
- Wash your genitals properly after you remove the buildup.
7. Garlic DIY Ointment
Garlic comes with strong antifungal properties. It can decrease the chance of getting infected when you’re treating smegma.
How to use garlic to get rid of smegma:
- First, you need to take a clove of garlic and crush it. Mix it with coconut oil to make an ointment.
- Apply this to your affected penis or labia and wait for a few minutes. Then carefully wash it off.
You can control the growth of smegma by following some simple rules:
- If you’re a man, get circumcised. You can prevent the smegma formation by removing the foreskin.
- Wear the correct underwear. Wear cotton underwear and avoid tight-fitting underpants that trap moisture and make the genital area hot.
- Women should avoid feminine hygiene products such as synthetic oils and deodorants. If you’re a man, avoid using talcum powders.
There’s nothing to be scared of if you have a smegma. Don’t confuse it with cervical cancer or penile cancer; there’s no relation between smegma and cancer. It’s not a sexually transmitted disease either. The formation of smegma mostly depends on your hygiene. So it’s crucial that you wash your genitals properly every day.
You can quickly remove a smegma formation using the home remedies discussed above.