Tennis elbow is a form of tendinitis or swelling of the tendons. 
Tendons are loops of tough tissue that link the muscles of your lower arm to the bone.
Tennis elbow causes pain in your elbow and arm. The pain can even spread into your wrist and forearm. 
Tennis elbow can occur due to any repetitive gripping activities of the thumb and first two fingers. 
Carpenter, painters, plumbers, and butchers are prone to this condition. It is common around the age of 40. 
Essential oils have potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. These natural compounds may relieve tendonitis pain in the shoulder, foot, and the elbow.
Here is a list of best essential oils for tennis elbow. These oils may be potential remedies to manage tennis elbow symptoms.
Essential Oils for Tendonitis to Relieve the Symptoms
1. Wintergreen Essential Oil
It’s a popular essential oil for treating muscle pain.
Wintergreen oil may heal your tennis elbow and give you relief. It is known as counterirritants.
People have used wintergreen oil for centuries for intense pain-relief.
Its synthetic versions are commonly used for over the counter muscle-pain ointments.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
The oil has a combination of antispasmodic and menthol properties. The oil provides cooling relief for your pain of tennis elbow. Antispasmodic properties may relax the muscles.
4. Marjoram Essential Oil
Marjoram oil may work well for relieving symptoms related to tendonitis.
Massage therapists often use this oil or lotion while treating muscle pain.
It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. These properties help in reducing the pain of tennis elbow. 
You can even use the oil for relieving muscle and neck pain. It has very good calming properties.
5. Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum essential oil is often called the everlasting oil.
Helichrysum oil can boost circulation. It can assist in the healing of joint, nerve and muscle tissue.
According to research helichrysum oil is effective in reducing muscular pain. It is an anti-inflammatory agent. The oil has a fantastic ability to lessen the inflammation and swelling.
Many use Helichrysum essential oil for tennis elbow due to its calming effects.
You can try this oil for calming your elbow and wrist pain. 
6. Evening Primrose Essential Oil
7. Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress oil may improve the condition of dull pain. It can improve blood circulation. So the oil may relieve the inflammation of tendons. 
How to Use Essential Oils for Tennis Elbow
- Take a few drops of any essential oil and dilute it with a carrier oil (coconut oil or grapeseed oil).
- Apply the mixture to the affected area.
- Repeat the treatment thrice daily until you heal properly.
Precautions to Follow
Essential oils are natural and usually harmless. But Some of them are quite strong. It’s always recommended to dilute the oils with a good carrier oil.
Some of the essential oils may not suit you. That’s why you need to do a patch test before you start using them. Besides, if you’re pregnant or a breastfeeding mom, discuss with your doctor before you use them.
Other Natural Remedies for Tennis Elbow
- Give some rest to the inflamed elbow. Stop any kind of repetitive movements of your elbow.
- Elevate the painful elbow with a brace or bandage to avoid swelling.
- Use a cold compress on the tennis elbow in the first 24-48 hours of the inflammation.
- Perform tennis elbow exercises and stretches. Ask a professional to guide you in this treatment.
- Acupuncture can help you relieve the pain and swellings of the tendon.
- Diet for tennis elbow: Avoid all kinds of processed foods that may increase the inflammation. Add anti-inflammatory herbs and foods to your diet. Try to eat fresh leafy vegetables, raw dairy foods, bone broth, eggs, citrus fruits, coconut water, avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas, etc.
When to See a Doctor
Using essential oils may relieve the pain and swellings of a tennis elbow in a couple of weeks. However, you should consult a doctor if the home remedies don’t work and the symptoms persist for 6-8 weeks. 
You may have to do an X-ray or MRI to diagnose the cause and condition of the elbow problem. Only such a diagnosis can rule out whether the problem is due to tissue damage or bone inflammation.
Doctors often suggest a dose of corticosteroid. The drug can provide with temporary relief. Surgery may not be necessary for treating a tennis elbow.
Tennis elbow happens due to repetitive muscle movement. It’s not a severe condition, but can be quite painful.
Essential oils are good complimentary remedies for muscle strains, torn ligament, tendon repair, Achilles tendon pain, etc.
The natural cures for tennis elbow can relieve the pain and other symptoms.