Vomiting in a public place has to be the most dreadful situation of life. Can you relate to that fact?
For those of you suffer from nausea frequently that results in vomiting, this article is for you.
Vomiting may not be a severe disease own itsown, but it feels terrible and makes you feel sick for so long.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution to avoid vomiting!
Essential oils are that simple solution that stops your nausea and vomiting tendency. So if you ever wanted to get rid of vomiting, keep reading.
Today we get to know some useful facts:
- Reasons for Vomiting
- 9 Essential Oils for Vomiting
- How to Use Essential Oil to Stop Vomiting?
Reasons for Vomiting
Vomiting is one of the most common side effects of a lot of diseases and medicines. So, you must know what is it that is causing you to vomit. Only then you will be able to choose the perfect cure.
Some of the reasons for vomiting are listed below:
- Motion sickness
- Stress and anxiety
- Stomach infections/Bugs
- Food poisoning
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Pregnancy symptom
These factors are very different from each and have entirely different reason to occur. However, they all result in inducing nausea and vomiting. 
Luckily there are various kinds of essential oils suited for each of these causes. There are essential oils for stomach bugs, essential oils for nausea during pregnancy, and essentials oils for stomach flu.
Each of the essential oils discussed in the following list can rid you of the embarrassment of vomiting in public. The best part is that essential oils are mood-lifters. So not only you will feel healthier but also happier!
9 Essential Oils for Vomiting & Nausea
1. Ginger Oil
Ginger is one of the most popular elements associated with solving vomiting tendency. Ginger tea helps with an upset stomach. Even chewing raw salted ginger can help stop nausea.
Ginger essential oil is easy to access to the benefits of ginger. If you don’t want to eat raw ginger or drink ginger tea while wanting to vomit, ginger essential oil is for you. 
Sometimes indigestion leads to you feeling nauseous. Ginger essential oil can cure indigestion which will stop you from feeling nauseous at all.
How to use ginger oil for vomiting:
- Use a diffuser with ginger oil and inhale the aroma of ginger.
- Put a few drops of the oil in the tub and take a relaxing bath.
- Mix with a carrier oil and massage your stomach with it.
- Add olive oil or jojoba oil and rub it on the soles of your feet.
- Put a few drops on a cotton bud or cloth and keep it with you to inhale.
2. Fennel Oil
Fennel essential oil is for motion sickness-induced vomiting. It works great with other factors that cause vomiting too.
Fennel essential oil is a natural laxative. The laxative properties help with curing indigestion hence solving vomiting due to indigestion.
Fennel oil has a strong scent. It works similar to smelling salts that stop vomiting with its overpowering scent.
The stimulant characteristics help the bodily functions to boost up. Thus curing illnesses that may lead to vomiting.
Fennel oil is also a cure for ulcers that lead to nausea followed by vomiting.
How to use fennel oil for vomiting:
- Add a few drops of fennel oil to ginger tea/ chamomile tea/ raspberry tea.
- Place the oil in a diffuser and inhale.
- Put a few drops in soup and drink it.
- Massage the oil on the soles of your feet.
3. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint essential oil is indeed one of the best essential oils to cure vomiting. It has specific antiemetic properties. Antiemetic properties mean that it’s in the characteristic of peppermint oil to prevent vomiting.
Peppermint oil also makes the digestion process more efficient. Thus it prevents vomiting due to improper digestion.
The antispasmodic properties of peppermint essential oil help with muscle movements during digestion and prevent nausea and vomiting.
Peppermint oil calms the stomach too and stops it from feeling queasy. 
How to use peppermint oil for vomiting:
- Massage the oil on the back of your neck
- Use a few drops in a cold bath
- Put some on a thick handkerchief and use as a compress on your head.
- Add a drop to about 15 ounces of water and drink whenever you feel like nauseating.
- Inhale from a handkerchief or a diffuser.
4. Chamomile Oil
Chamomile tea is famous for its anti-stress abilities. The same properties make the chamomile essential oil equally helpful. In case you feel nauseous when under stress, then chamomile oil is for you!
Chamomile oil helps to cure vomiting in quite a lot of ways. It soothes the stomach and bowel walls and improves digestion.
The oil also helps stop vomiting due to acid reflux and severe gastric. 
How to use chamomile oil for vomiting:
- Add a drop or two to your morning mild tea.
- Rub your feet with a few drops of the oil
- Put a few drops in a warm bath
- Massage the back of your neck with the oil.
5. Nutmeg Oil
The spicy and woody aroma of nutmeg essential oil helps prevent nausea and vomiting.
Nutmeg oil helps to boost blood circulation on cold days. . If you are someone who feels like vomiting on winters a lot, then nutmeg essential oil is for you.
One of the best advantages of nutmeg oil is that it helps with balancing hormones. So if you feel nauseous because of hormonal issues, then nutmeg oil will work wonders for you.
Nutmeg oil also helps with calming the nervous system which prevents stress-related vomiting.
How to use nutmeg oil for vomiting:
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil and massage your stomach with the mixture.
- Place a few drops in a cloth and inhale.
- Use the oil with a cold compress.
- Massage your temples with a combination of carrier oil and nutmeg oil.
6. Cinnamon Bark Oil
Nausea is often due to stomach bugs which then leads to vomiting. Cinnamon bark oil has antibacterial properties. This means that it kills off the stomach bugs and prevents vomiting.
Cinnamon bark oil also has anti-viral properties. It helps in fighting nausea caused by viral infections or fever.
The oil also helps improve your immunity system. Thus you can fight the symptoms and causes of vomiting much better. 
Cinnamon bark oil also has calming characteristics. So it will stop your stomach feeling upset from anxiety that could lead to vomiting.
How to use cinnamon bark oil for vomiting:
- Add a few drops to a boiling pot of water and inhale.
- Mix a couple of drops with your tea to feel relaxed.
- Add a bit with your food to enhance flavor and prevent nausea.
- Place a few drops in a warm soup and drink.
7. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is one of the most popular oils in the list. Its health benefits are endless. It is used to treat a lot of diseases and has shown proven results.
The oil has antiseptic properties that help fight off diseases. The anti-inflammatory action of lavender oil helps relieve nausea due to pain.
The best part is the scent if lavender is terrific and keeps your mind feeling refreshed. 
How to use lavender oil for vomiting:
- Take a few drops of the oil and massage it on your shoulders and other stress points of your body.
- Use in a warm or cold compression and dab it on your head.
- Put a few drops in a tub of warm or cold water when taking a bath
- Pour a few drops on a cloth and place it under your pillow.
8. Mandarin Oil
Mandarin essential oil has the great citrus properties that relieve nausea and help with digestion. 
Acid reflux often causes vomiting. Mandarin Oil can be used to control that effect. Irritable bowel syndrome also causes indigestion leading to nausea. Mandarin oil is a cure for irritable bowel syndrome and aids better digestion.
Like most citrus oils, Mandarin oil has strong antiseptic qualities. It helps kill stomach bugs and stomach infections and stops vomiting caused by such microbes.
Mandarin Oil is a strong oil. So it is best to use a proper quantity of carrier oil with it in a mixture.
How to use mandarin oil for vomiting:
- Mix with jojoba oil or any carrier oil and massage on your abdomen.
- Use it as a warm or cold compress on your head
- Massage the bottom of your feet after mixing with a carrier oil.
9. Melissa Oil
Melissa essential oil is a unique oil that helps stop vomiting in various ways. If you are someone who suffers from a lot of different causes of vomiting, then Melissa oil is for you.
Sometimes the spasm of abdominal muscles or bowel walls lead to cramping then nausea and finally vomiting. Melissa Essential Oil has anti-spasmodic properties that lead to relaxing digestive system for better digestion. 
Melissa essential oil is also a stress-relieving oil. So in case, you feel anxiety that ends up in vomiting, try Melissa oil.
The added advantage of Melissa oil is that it protects the body from ulcers. Ulcers often lead to the tendency to vomit and this oil prevents that from happening.
Melissa oil strengthens the stomach for better functionality. It is also a natural cure for diarrhea. So Melissa oil combats all types of indigestion issues to prevent vomiting.
How to use Melissa oil for vomiting:
- Mix with a carrier oil and use it as an abdominal rub.
- Massage a few drops on your temples and other pressure points.
- Add to a diffuser and inhale.
- Put a few drops on a cotton bud and inhale throughout the day.
You deserve a perfect health day every day!
A great day can suddenly turn into a horrible one due to sudden sickness. The waves of nausea that lead to vomiting feel beyond terrible.
Imagine never having to worry about vomiting in a public place and saving yourself the embarrassment.
The 9 essential oils for vomiting and nausea discussed in this post can help you do exactly that in real life.
So try some of the essential oils in the list and follow the listed methods for each to get excellent results!
Did you try any of the essential oils from the list? What do you use it for? Share with us your experience in the comments below!