You can suffer from toothache for many reasons. One of the most common reasons is the exposed nerve in the tooth.
The exposed nerve is a major dental problem that happens when your teeth are damaged. 
This issue could be life-threatening if not addressed with care.
You must consult a professional when your nerve is exposed. Otherwise, you might get infected, and the situation could become worse.
Some home remedies for killing exposed nerve in tooth may give you relief from the pain.
These home remedies are completely safe and effective to cure the condition.
Exposed Nerve in Tooth, Causes & Symptoms
You may suffer from an exposed nerve in the tooth if the filling or crown of your tooth falls off. 
If you have a cavity wide enough to create a hole, it may expose the nerve. When you eat or drink, the nerve may feel the pressure that leads towards excruciating pain.
Exposed nerve may create dental cavities. 
Sometimes cold, heat, or pressure may trigger extreme toothache. So it’s highly recommended that you avoid that tooth while eating or drinking.
Exposed Nerve Tooth Pain Home Remedy (Research-Backed )
You can use some common ingredients to soothe the infection and pain caused by an exposed nerve.
Saltwater rinse can provide you relief from an extreme exposed nerve toothache. 
Salt is a natural antibacterial compound. It can kill germs and bacteria causing the infection in your exposed nerve.
You can use salty warm water on its own or along with other home remedies.
How to deaden exposed nerve in tooth using salt :
- Take eight-ounce warm water and dilute ½ tsp of salt in it.
- Use the warm water to swish around your mouth. Do not swallow it.
- Spit out the water and repeat this process until you calm the irritated tooth nerve.
2. Clove Oil
Clove oil is the fastest way to stop a toothache at home.
It is an ancient home remedy to cure a toothache.
The oil contains a chemical known as eugenol that helps reduce pain and infections. 
Eugenol can anesthetize the exposed nerve to soothe the pain. It also kills the bacteria that cause infections.
Clove oil seems to be an effective exposed nerve tooth pain remedy.
Learn how to use clove oil for killing exposed nerve tooth pain:
- Dab a cotton swab into the clove oil and apply it directly to the sore spot.
- Or you can put a few drops of clove oil in half a tsp of olive oil and dip a cotton ball in it. Use it as a compress on your exposed nerve.
- Excessive use of clove oil can deaden the nerves, so make sure you don’t overuse it.
Garlic promotes blood circulation, letting your immune system do its work.
Garlic contains an antibiotic substance named allicin that fights against pathogenic viruses.
Home remedy for exposed nerve tooth pain relief using garlic:
- Peel off and crush some fresh garlic and mix some salt in it.
- Put the thick paste on the exposed nerve and leave it for a few hours.
- Wash your mouth with clean water.
- You can dab a cotton ball into garlic juice and rub it on the affected area.
4. Sesame Oil
Sesame oil pulling is one of the most popular practices in Ayurveda. This ancient practice may treat various dental problems. 
Sesame oil has natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents. These compounds can reduce bacterial attack and inflammation caused by an exposed nerve.
It stimulates the immune system and keeps your mouth lubricated.
Sesame oil home remedy to get rid of a nerve pain in your tooth:
- In the morning, pour one tablespoon of sesame oil into your mouth. Do not swallow them.
- Keep the oil inside your mouth, allowing it to circulate, and touch every part of the mucous membrane.
- Spit the oil and rinse a few times with warm salt water to clean your mouth. Do not swallow the oil as it becomes poisonous by the enzymes that remove toxins from the blood.
Vinegar is an excellent choice for oral care as it can kill various bacteria. 
Vinegar acts as a natural astringent that can reduce any bleeding from the exposed nerve.
Its antioxidant, antibacterial properties help keep your mouth germ free.
How to kill a tooth nerve using vinegar:
- Soak a cotton pad in vinegar, squeeze it and place it directly on the exposed nerve.
- Repeat the process every day before you go to bed or after you wake up.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera comes with medicinal properties, hence is quite beneficial for your health.
The healing features of Aloe Vera gel can save the exposed nerve from further damage. 
The gel also contains zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, copper, iron, and vitamin A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, and B12 that are good for your teeth.
Learn how you may use aloe vera gel to kill exposed nerve tooth pain:
- Slice an Aloe Vera and extract the gel from it.
- Use a cotton ball or directly apply the gel on your exposed nerve.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes then rinse with salt water or clean water.
- You can also mix fresh Aloe Vera gel in your favorite juice for internal healing.
This ancient spice is quite famous for the medicinal properties it contains.
Curcumin, the main ingredient of turmeric has a high antiseptic effect. It can act as an antibiotic.
The anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antibacterial properties of turmeric may reduce pain and inflammation of an exposed nerve. 
Home remedies for killing exposed nerve in tooth using turmeric:
- Sprinkle some turmeric powder directly on your exposed nerve. You can also mix some water to make a paste and apply on the affected area.
- Let the paste sit on your exposed nerve for 30 minutes then wash it off with clean water.
- You can also soak some sliced turmeric into alcohol for one week and gargle with the mixture.
Using ginger is another effective way to kill exposed nerve in the tooth.
The medicinal properties of ginger help reduce any pain, including a toothache. 
The spice consists of antimicrobial agents. These bio-active properties can heal infections, redness, swelling, small wounds, and a toothache.
How to use ginger to kill exposed nerve in the tooth:
- Take some fresh ginger. Wash them properly and cut into slices.
- Put some of the slices on the exposed nerve and bite them with force to extract the juice.
- Use your tongue to shake the juice around the tooth.
- Continue chewing until the slices become smooth. Then swallow them or spit out.
- Repeat this process a few times every day until you kill tooth nerve.
When You Need to See a Dentist
Having a dental issue could be disastrous for your overall health.
A toothache is the worst feeling you could ever have. Sometimes the pain becomes so intense that you may find it difficult to tolerate.
You need to consult a dentist if the exposed nerve condition gets worse and you develop: tartar, severe inflammation, gingivitis, tooth decay, etc.
These home remedies may give you relief from severe pain and help reduce the infections.
But, if you see the condition of your tooth is worse than before, do consult your dentist.
Your dentist may suggest effective treatments to relieve the condition.