RC essential oil is a complex blend of Cyprus, spruce, and three types of eucalyptus oil. This powerful oil blend also contains pine, myrtle, lavender, peppermint, and marjoram essential oils.
RC essential oil is a relatively new blend. So, there’s limited research on the medicinal values of the oil.
However, much anecdotal evidence supports RC oil’s rejuvenating and healing effects.
Because of its increasing use before and after an exercise, this oil is also known as workout oil. The oil may also soothe the respiratory system, improve immunity, and reduce inflammation.
Continue reading to learn RC essential oil’s benefits, uses, and side effects.
Benefits of RC Essential Oil
1. RC Essential Oil Boosts Energy Level.
The fragrance of certain essential oils can energize your feelings and uplift your spirit. It’s because these oils have a strong connection to the limbic system. 
The aroma of RC essential oil can boost your energy and mood. The spruce oil in this blend has stimulant properties that help improve the energy level. 
2. It Can Reduce Inflammation.
All the essential oils used to create RC essential oil has some inflammatory effects on the human body. Especially eucalyptus globulus oil can effectively soothe muscles after an intense workout.
In a study published in 2013, eucalyptus oil effectively reduced pain and inflammation of some patients after total knee replacement surgery. 
As RC essential oil contains eucalyptus oil, it can also help reduce inflammation throughout the body.
3. RC Essential Oil Treats Cold and Cough.
RC essential oil is rich in antiviral, antibacterial, stimulant, and expectorant properties. Hence, this oil is quite effective in treating respiratory infections.
A study published in 2006 evaluated the antibacterial activities of 21 essential oils. Eucalyptus oil was one of them. 
Inhaling RC essential oil may help break up phlegm and mucus and eject it from your body. Expelling mucus can speed up the healing of respiratory infections. But, again, these bodily fluids contain bacteria and viruses.
4. It Reduces Anxiety and Stress.
Cypress and eucalyptus oils contain sedative and anxiolytic components. Therefore, these oils can help reduce stress and anxiety and promote calmness. 
These two essential oils help RC oil to lower stress hormones in your body. In addition, you can diffuse the oil or apply some RC essential oil to your chest or neck.
Related: 12+ Essential Oils for Anxiety that Work (with How to Use Them)
5. RC Essential Oil Boost Immune System.
Spruce oil, one of the key ingredients of RC essential oil, contains antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties. 
Regular use of RC essential oil may boost your immunity. To get the best result, use this essential oil in aromatherapy or oil diffusers.
6. It Can Treat Skin Problems.
RC essential oil can treat some skin problems, thanks to lavender oil.
A study published in 2011 evaluated the antimicrobial effects of some essential oils. Lavender oil was one of them. 
RC essential oil may reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, treat skin infections, and stimulate the growth of new cells.
This oil may also treat inflammatory conditions such as eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
Related: 6 Essential Oils for Sun Damaged Skin
7. RC Essential Oil Can Work as a Sedative.
RC essential oil can help you sleep and relax. Eucalyptus, one of the oil’s key components, has soothing and antidepressant effects. 
If you have sleep disorders like insomnia, diffusing RC essential oil may help you sleep properly.
8. It Can Eliminate Odor.
The incredible fragrance of RC essential oil can eliminate odor from your house. It’s because spruce oil and eucalyptus oil have warm aromas that can cover the bad smell.
If you have a pet or smoker in your house, diffusing RC essential oil may help eliminate the odor.
Related: How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor Naturally: Try These 19 Ways
Common Uses of RC Essential Oil
Here are some of the uses of RC essential oil:
As a workout oil:
- RC essential oil is quite popular as a workout oil.
- Apply a few drops of RC essential oil on your muscle, the back of your knees, or any other joints before and after a workout.
- Dilute a few drops of RC essential oil.
- Then, gently massage the oil to your feet, chest, and joints.
- Pour a few drops of RC essential oil into a diffuser.
- Let the aroma spread through your house.
- Continue this process for 30 minutes 3 times every day.
Ingredients and Therapeutic Properties of RC Essential Oil
RC essential oil consists of some potent essential oils. These include:
- Eucalyptus globulus leaf oil.
- Eucalyptus Radiata leaf oil.
- Eucalyptus citriodors oil.
- Myrtle oil (Myrtus communis).
- Marjoram oil (Origanum majorana).
- Pine leaf oil (Pinus sylvestris).
- Lavender oil (Lavandula angustifolia).
- Cypress leaf/stem/nut oil (Cupressus sempervirens).
- Black spruce leaf oil (Picea mariana).
- Peppermint oil (Mentha piperita).
The volatile components and active ingredients of contributing oils are responsible for RC essential oil’s health benefits. Eucalyptol, the main component of eucalyptus oil, has potent antioxidant properties. 
Cypress oil and spruce oil are responsible for the blend’s alpha-pinene, limonene, myrcene, linalool, camphene, and crane components.
Due to these components, RC essential oil can have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, antioxidants, expectorant, and stimulant effects.
Side Effects of RC Essential Oil
Some of the ingredients used in RC essential oil have some side effects. As RC essential oil is a complex blend of many essential oils, it may also have those side effects.
- Eucalyptus oil has allergic effects on some people. RC essential oil is made of three kinds of eucalyptus oil. Hence, you might be allergic to this oil as well.
- Because of eucalyptus oil, RC essential oil should be used on children.
- Eucalyptus oil may cause extreme drowsiness. So, if you’re taking sedative medicines, you must avoid using RC essential oil.
- Peppermint oil and eucalyptus can cause breathing problems in children and infants. So, you should not use RC essential oil on children.
- RC essential oil is not safe for pregnant women and breastfeeding moms.
- You should not use this oil if you’re under medication. This is because some of the oils used in RC essential oil may react with the medicines.
Essential oils must be used with proper caution, particularly blended ones.
Not every oil used to create this blend will suit you. So, it would help if you take expert advice before using RC essential oil.
Exercising regularly, you can use RC essential oil before and after a workout. The therapeutic properties of this oil may protect your muscles.
Always read the labels on the bottle. There is no strong evidence of the benefits of RC essential oil. It’s because this oil is a new blend. So, ask a doctor to be sure if you should use this oil.
Read More: Lilac Essential Oil: Benefits, Uses, and Possible Side Effects