Ravintsara essential oil comes from the leaves of Cinnamomum camphora or camphor tree through steam distillation. In this article, you will find the health benefits of ravintsara essential oil and its various uses.
It has become an ornamental tree for gardens and parks in different countries. Therefore, the people of Madagascar hold it in high regard.
Recent scientific research points to some potential benefits of ravintsara essential oil.
Ravintsara essential oil has analgesic, anti-allergenic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-rheumatic components.
10 Health Benefits of Ravintsara Essential Oil
1. Ravintsara Essential Oil Can Fight Infections
Ravintsara oil is a safe and natural alternative to cold and flu symptom relief. It has excellent expectorant properties, cleanses your body from toxins, and relieves congestion.
The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of this oil help to fight infections.
For Cold and Flu
There are many ways in which you can use ravintsara oil to help overcome your cold and flu.
How to use ravintsara essential oil to ease cold:
- Add a few drops of ravintsara oil to your diffuser before bedtime. Throughout the night, you will breathe the fumes. It will make your room smell great!
- Add 6 and 8 drops of ravintsara oil to a sink with hot water. Throw a towel over your head and shoulders and inhale the vapors from your steam bath. You can continue doing it as long as you are comfortable with it.
The antibacterial and antiviral properties of ravintsara help to fight viral infections. In addition, it will kill the germs on your hands before you contract it.
Try these different ways to use ravintsara oil for infections:
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of Ravintsara oil to a carrier oil like chamomile. Moisturize your hands with the mixture many times throughout the day.
- You can even diffuse the oil in your room. It will kill viruses in the air and on the surfaces of your room.
- You can prevent bacterial infections and treat wounds and sores using ravintsara oil. Take a cotton swab and put the oil in the infected areas. Make sure the contaminated areas are dry and clean. Repeat the process several times a day. It would ensure no further contamination.
- Some other carrier oils are coconut oil and jojoba oil. They are great for treating and preventing bacterial infections. Like ravintsara oil, they also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, they help in soothing and healing sore and wounds.
For Herpes, Athlete’s Foot, and Ringworm
Ravintsara oil has analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral properties. These properties help ease the pain, and inflammation, kill germs and speed healing.
Learn how you can deal with herpes and ringworm using ravintsara oil:
- Take 11 drops of Ravintsara essential oil and one teaspoon of carrier oil in a small bowl.
- Blend the oils and dab the mixture on the areas with herpes.
- It will comfort and encourage skin cell renewal.
- Apply the mixture to the infected areas several times a day.
- For Athlete’s Foot, mix coconut oil with ravintsara oil.
- Apply the mixture twice a day. Then, wash your feet and dry them.
- Rub the oil into the skin between the toes.
- You can also apply the mixture to the nails. It will give full antifungal coverage.
- Using coconut oil is the best for its antifungal properties. In addition, it will speed the athlete’s foot treatment.
- To get rid of ringworm, combine Ravintsara oil with a carrier oil and apply it to the infected area twice a day. Before using the oil, remember to clean the infected area.
2. It May Strengthen Immunity System
Ravintsara oil can reduce the frequency and severity of allergic reactions. In addition, during seasonal allergies, using it will lower the chances of you getting any allergy.
Try these easy methods of using ravintsara oil to boost your immunity:
- In addition, to enhance your immune system, you can try Ravintsara Essential oil aromatherapy!
- Or you can also take a few drops of the oil with a carrier oil and apply the mixture to your chest and throat. Inhaling the oil is also very useful.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of Ravintsara essential oil to your diffuser. It will freshen your room and also keep germs away.
- Put a few drops of Ravintsara oil in your bath. It will develop your body’s immune system. The oil will also help your body to avoid viral colds, pneumonia, and even influenza.
3. Ravintsara Essential Oil May Reduce Depression and Stress
Any pleasant smell helps to uplift a person’s mood. The lovely smell of Ravintsara oil can improve your mood and energize your mind and spirit.
A natural alternative to relieve your stress is much better than drugs. So try this oil to say goodbye to stress, anxiety, and depression!
Learn how ravintsara oil can reduce your depression:
- Every morning, practice aromatherapy with Ravintsara oil. It will detox your mind and help you to focus and concentrate on work and education.
- Mix a few drops of Ravintsara oil, rose, and tangerine. Next, add a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil to the mixture. If you are too exhausted, then massage your muscles with the oil. It will help to loosen the tight knots in your muscles.
- For nervousness, take a long bath with a few drops of Ravintsara and vetiver oil. Soak yourself in that bath for 20 to 30 minutes and feel the tension drain away from you.
- Another simple trick is to rub a few drops of this magical oil into your temple and neck to relieve your anxiety.
- You can also ingest ravintsara oil to reduce depression. Add 1 to 3 drops of Ravintsara oil and olive oil to your water.
- Remember, the quality of the oil is essential. Since you will drink it, ensure you have high-quality and pure Ravintsara essential oil.
4. It Can Improve Skin Health
Ravintsara essential oil rejuvenates your skin from the inside. It makes your skin healthy and moisturized. Use this oil for young and healthy-looking skin!
How ravintsara oil can improve your skin:
- Add a few drops of this oil to your Vitamin E cream. Or you can also dilute the oil with coconut oil. Then, apply it to the skin at night before sleeping.
- It is better not to use undiluted oil because it might irritate the skin.
Read More: 13 Best Essential Oils for Skin Glow
5. Ravintsara Essential Oil Decreases Inflammation
Ravintsara oil has cineol. It provides relief from pain and inflammation.
Try this ravintsara oil blend to soothe inflammation:
- Take a few drops of Lavender, Chamomile and Ravintsara essential oil.
- Blend the mixture to the painful areas and get relief.
6. It May Improve Your Sleep
No one can emphasize the importance of sleep enough. If you don’t sleep properly at night, you will feel exhausted the next day. In addition, it will cause significant health adversities in the long run.
Ravintsara has unique calming and relaxing properties. They are excellent for fighting anxiety and ensuring a rested night of sleep. You can fight your insomnia with this oil!
Learn how this oil can help you sleep:
- One way to use ravintsara essential oil to overcome insomnia is to diffuse this oil all night long.
- Or add a few drops of ravintsara oil to your pillow. The pillow will allow you to inhale the oil all night long and help you to sleep in peace.
- Don’t get surprised if you slept like a baby because of this oil!
7. Ravintsara Essential Oil Can Relieve Joint and Muscle Pain
Do you experience pain after some rigorous physical activity?
It will reduce mobility if your muscles are sore after physical exertion due to play or work.
Ravintsara essential oil contains anti-inflammatory properties. It will help you get rid of the soreness in your muscles. It can also help with arthritis.
Try this ravintsara oil recipe to reduce joint pain:
- Add a few drops of ravintsara essential oil to a carrier oil like lavender.
- Use lavender oil as the base oil.
- Massage your muscles and joints with the mixture before going to bed.
- If the intensity of the pain is too much, apply the mixture several times a day.
- It will allow your muscles and joints to be more flexible.
8. It Can Relieve Headaches
Headaches can make every task impossible to do; even resting can become unbearable. Ravintsara oil can be a miracle when relieving you of pain. Use this oil when your head starts pounding, and you will see the headaches are gone!
How to use ravintsara oil to reduce pain:
- Aromatherapy with ravintsara oil is the best way to deal with headaches.
- Take 5 or 6 drops of Ravintsara oil in a bowl.
- Cover your head with a towel and inhale the lovely aroma of the oil.
- You can also add the oil to your diffuser and inhale it for 30 to 60 minutes whenever you feel a headache.
- Then, put a few drops of oil on your temples and forehead for quick relief.
- You can also treat your sinuses in this way. Apply this oil to your sinuses before bed and first thing in the morning to treat a sinus infection. The mild fragrance of this oil can do wonders for your sinus pain.
9. Ravintsara Essential Oil May Improve Respiratory Conditions
Ravintsara oil can help dilate your blood vessels and allow more oxygen to reach your lungs. It will reduce and dilute any mucus which can block your airways. It is beneficial for respiratory conditions like bronchitis, asthma, and pneumonia.
Learn how to use this oil to improve your respiratory conditions:
- Aromatherapy can be a perfect way to treat asthma.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of Ravintsara essential oil to your diffuser with /4 to 1/2 cup of distilled water.
- Keep the diffuser running for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Another way is to add peppermint oil with Ravintsara oil and apply it to your chest, back and throat. It will reduce asthma attacks.
10. It Works as A Room Freshener
The fresh and earthy smell of ravintsara oil can work as a great room freshener. It will get rid of any unwanted odors in your room. In addition, it will keep your house fresh and refreshing.
It can neutralize the smell of cooking, tobacco or pets.
How you can use ravintsara oil as a room freshener:
- Add ravintsara oil to your diffuser.
- The fragrance of ravintsara will float in your house all day long and improve your mood! 
Some Precautions and Side Effects
Here are a few things you should remember while using ravintsara oil.
- Never ingest ravintsara essential oil on its own. Make sure to mix it with something before drinking it.
- Always apply ravintsara oil mixed with carrier oil. Do not use this oil undiluted.
- Try this diluted oil on a small patch of skin. It will ensure that you aren’t allergic to it.
- If pregnant, consult your doctor before using any essential oil.
- Keep this oil out of reach from children.
Ravintsara Essential Oil VS Ravensara Essential Oil
Is it Ravensara or Ravintsara?
Ravensara oil comes from a tree called Ravensara aromatica.
Ravintsara oil originates from the leaves of the Cinnamomum camphor. Ravintsara oil has a lot of benefits, and it is pretty like Ravensara.
Another name for Ravintsara Oil is ho leaf oil. The aroma of Ravintsara Essential Oil is similar to Eucalyptus oil. Although, it has a spicy and warm fragrance which is softer than eucalyptus oil.
It blends well with eucalyptus and oils in the wood, mint and citrus families.
Both Ravintsara and Ravensara belong to the same family, Lauraceae. But they both have different fragrances and benefits.
Ravintsara has a milder fragrance than Ravensara. Instead, it has a fresh, clean, eucalyptus-like smell. The aroma of Ravintsara is refreshing and energizing.