Ravintsara Oil comes from Madagascar. It’s a large evergreen tree. It grows up to 20-30 meters tall. You may also know it as the camphor tree.
Ravintsara is native to Asia. It has been popular in different countries as an ornamental tree for gardens and parks. The people of Madagascar hold it in high regard.
Another name for Ravintsara Oil is ho leaf oil. The aroma of Ravintsara Essential Oil is somewhat like Eucalyptus in some ways. Although, it has a spicy and warm fragrance which is softer than the similar eucalyptus oil.
It blends well with Eucalyptus and oils in the wood, mint and citrus families.
You can extract ravintsara oil by steam distilled from the leaves of the camphor tree. Its botanical name is Cinnamomum camphora.
There are so many benefits of ravintsara essential oil that you can get by using it.
Ravintsara oil has analgesic, anti-allergenic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-rheumatic components.
It also contains antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, decongestant, expectorant, mucolytic, and therapeutic stimulant properties.
10 Ways Ravintsara Essential Oil Benefits Your Health & How to Use It
1. Ravintsara Oil Fights Infections
Ravintsara oil is a safe and natural alternative to cold and flu symptom relief. It has excellent expectorant properties. It cleans your body from toxins and relieves congestion.
The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of this oil help to fight infections.
For Cold and Flu
There are many ways in which you can use ravintsara oil to help overcome your cold and flu.
How to use ravintsara essential oil to ease cold:
- Add a few drops of ravintsara oil to your diffuser before bedtime. Throughout the night you will breathe the fumes. It will make your room smell great!
- You can also add 6 and 8 drops of ravintsara oil to a sink with hot water. Throw a towel over your head and shoulders and inhale the vapors from your steam bath. You can continue doing it as long as you are comfortable with it.
The antibacterial and antiviral properties of ravintsara help to fight viral infections. It will kill the germs on your hands before you contract it.
Try these differnt ways to use ravintsara oil for infections:
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of Ravintsara oil to a carrier oil like chamomile oil. Moisturize your hands with the mixture many times throughout the day.
- You can even diffuse the oil in your room. It will kill viruses in the air and on the surfaces of your room.
- You can prevent bacterial infections and treat wounds and sores using ravintsara oil. Take a cotton swab and put the oil in the infected areas. Make sure the contaminated areas are dry and clean. Repeat the process several times a day. It would ensure no further contamination.
- Some other carrier oils are coconut oil and jojoba oil. They are great for treating and preventing bacterial infections. Like ravintsara oil, they also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They help in soothing and healing sore and wounds.
For Herpes, Athlete’s Foot, and Ringworm
Ravintsara oil has analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral properties. These properties help in easing the pain, inflammation, kill germs and speed healing.
Learn how you can deal with herps, and ringworm using ravintsara oil:
- Take 11 drops of Ravintsara essential oil and 1 teaspoon of any carrier oil in a small bowl.
- Blend the oils and dab the mixture on the areas with Herpes.
- It will comfort and encourage skin cell renewal.
- Apply the mixture on the infected areas several times a day.
- For Athlete’s Foot, mix coconut oil with ravintsara oil.
- Apply the mixture twice a day. Wash your feet and dry it.
- Rub the oil into the skin between the toes.
- You can also apply the mixture to the nails too. It will give a full antifungal coverage.
- Using coconut oil is the best for its antifungal properties. It will speed the athlete’s foot treatment.
- To get rid Ringworm, combine Ravintsara oil with a carrier oil and apply it on the infected area twice a day. Before using the oil, remember to clean the infected area.
2. It Strengthens Immunity System
Ravintsara oil can reduce the frequency and severity of allergic reactions. During seasonal allergies, using it will lower the chances of you getting any allergy.
Try these easy methods of using ravintsara oil to boost your immunity:
- To enhance your immune system, you can try Ravintsara Essential oil aromatherapy!
- Or you can also take a few drops of the oil with a carrier oil and apply the mixture on your chest and throat. Inhaling the oil is also very useful.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of Ravintsara essential oil to your diffuser. It will freshen your room and also keep germs away.
- Put a few drops of Ravintsara oil in your bath. It will develop your body’s immune system. The oil will also help your body to avoid viral colds, pneumonia, and even influenza.
3. Ravintsara Oil Reduces Depression and Stress
Any pleasant smell helps to uplift a person’s mood. The lovely smell of Ravintsara oil can improve your mood and also energize your mind and spirit.
A natural alternative to relieve you of your stress is much better than drugs. So try this oil to say goodbye to stress, anxiety, and depression!
Learn how ravintsara oil can reduce your depression:
- Every morning, practice aromatherapy with Ravintsara oil. It will detox your mind and help you to focus and concentrate on work and education.
- Mix a few drops of Ravintsara oil, rose, and tangerine. Add a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil to the mixture. If you are too exhausted, then massage your muscles with the oil. It will help to loosen the tight knots in your muscles.
- For nervousness, take a long bath with a few drops of Ravintsara and vetiver oil. Soak yourself in that bath for 20 to 30 minutes and feel the tension drain away from you.
- Another simple trick is to rub a few drops of this magical oil into your temple and neck to relieve your anxiety.
- You can also ingest ravintsara oil to reduce depression. Add 1 to 3 drops of Ravintsara oil along with olive oil in your water.
- Remember the quality of the oil is essential. Since you are going to drink it, make sure you have high-quality and pure Ravintsara essential oil.
4. It Improves Skin
Ravintsara essential oil rejuvenates your skin from inside. It makes your skin healthy and moisturized. Use this oil for a young and healthy looking skin!
How ravintsara oil can improve your skin:
- Add a few drops of this oil to your Vitamin E cream. Or you can also dilute the oil with coconut oil. Apply it to the skin at night before sleeping.
- It is better not to use the oil undiluted because it might irritate the skin.
Read More: 13 Best Essential Oils for Skin Glow
5. Ravintsara Oil Decreases Inflammation
Ravintsara oil has cineol. It provides relief from pain and inflammation.
Try this ravintsara oil blend to soothe inflammation:
- Take a few drops of Lavender and Chamomile and Ravintsara essential oil.
- Blend the mixture to the painful areas and get relief.
6. It Helps to Sleep
No one can emphasize the importance of sleep enough. If you don’t get proper sleep at night, the next day you would feel exhausted. It will cause significant health adversities in the long run.
Ravintsara has unique calming and relaxing properties. They are amazing when it comes to fighting anxiety and ensure a rested night of sleep. You can fight your insomnia with this oil!
Learn how this oil can help you sleep:
- One way to use ravintsara essential oil to overcome your insomnia is to diffuse this oil all night long.
- Or add a few drops of ravintsara oil to your pillow. The pillow will allow you to inhale the oil all night long and help you to sleep in peace.
- Don’t get surprised if you slept like a baby because of this oil!
7. Ravintsara Oil Relieves Joint and Muscle Pain
Do you experience pain after some rigorous physical activity?
If your muscles are sore after the physical exertion due to play or work, then it will reduce mobility.
Ravintsara essential oil contains anti-inflammatory property. It will help you get rid of the soreness in your muscles. It can also help with arthritis.
Try this revintsara oil recipe to reduce joint pain:
- To a carrier oil like lavender, add a few drops of ravintsara essential oil.
- Use the lavender oil as the base oil.
- Massage your muscles and joints with the mixture before going to bed.
- If the intensity of the pain is too much, then apply the mixture several times a day.
- It will allow your muscles and joints to be more flexible.
8. It Relieves from Pain
Headaches can make every task impossible to do. Even resting can become unbearable. Ravintsara oil can be a miracle when it comes to relieving you of pain. Use this oil when your head starts pounding, and you will see the headaches are gone!
How to use ravintsara oil to reduce pain:
- For headaches, aromatherapy with ravintsara oil is the best way to deal with it.
- Take 5 or 6 drops of Ravintsara oil in a bowl.
- Cover your head with a towel and inhale the lovely aroma of the oil.
- You can also add the oil to your diffuser and inhale it for 30 to 60 minutes whenever you feel the headache building.
- For quick relief, put a few drops of the oil in your temples and forehead.
- You can also treat your sinuses in this way. Apply this oil to your sinuses before bed and first thing in the morning to treat a sinus infection. The mild fragrance of this oil can do wonders for your sinus pain.
9. Ravintsara Oil Improves Respiratory Conditions
Ravintsara oil can help dilate your blood vessels and allow more oxygen to get to your lungs. It will reduce and dilute any mucus which can block your airways. It is very beneficial for respiratory conditions like bronchitis, asthma, and pneumonia.
Learn how to use this oil to improve your respiratory conditions:
- Aromatherapy can be a perfect way to treat asthma.
- To your diffuser add 5 to 6 drops Ravintsara essential oil with /4 to 1/2 cup of distilled water.
- Keep the diffuser running for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Another way is to add peppermint oil with Ravintsara oil and apply it to your chest, back and throat. It will reduce asthma attack.
10. It Works as A Room Freshener
The fresh and earthy smell of ravintsara oil can work as a great room freshener. It will rid of any unwanted odors in your room. It will keep your house fresh and refreshing.
It can neutralize the smell from cooking, tobacco or pets.
How you can use ravintsara oil as a room freshener:
- Add ravintsara oil to your diffuser.
- The fragrance of ravintsara will float in your house all day long and improve your mood! 
Some Precautions and Side Effects
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while using ravintsara oil.
- Never ingest ravintsara essential oil on its own. Make sure to mix it with something before drinking it
- Always apply ravintsara oil mixed with a carrier oil. Do not use this oil undiluted.
- Try this diluted oil on a small patch of skin. It will ensure that you aren’t allergic to it.
- If you are pregnant, consult with your doctor before using any essential oil
- Keep this oil out of reach from children.
Ravintsara Essential Oil VS. Ravensara Essential Oil
Is it Ravensara or Ravintsara?
Ravensara oil comes from a tree called Ravensara aromatica.
Ravintsara oil originates from the leaves of the Cinnamomum camphor. Ravintsara oil has a lot of benefits, and it is quite like Ravensara.
Both Ravintsara and Ravensara belong to the same family, Lauraceae. But they both have different fragrances and benefits.
Ravintsara has a milder fragrance than Ravensara. It has a fresh, clean, eucalyptus-like smell. The aroma of Ravintsara is refreshing and energizing.
Are you looking forward to using this miraculous oil?
The benefits of ravintsara oil are many. You should try this oil out.
Have you used this oil before?
Tell us about your experiences about ravintsara oil in the comments section below. Also, let us know how this post was helpful to you!