Coffee essential oil comes from the coffee beans through a cold-pressed distillation process. This powerful essential oil smells just like a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
Apart from its invigorating aroma, coffee essential oil contains numerous health benefits. 
This essential oil may improve your mood, decrease free radical damage, improve respiratory health, etc.
In this article, you will learn some potential benefits, uses, and side effects of coffee essential oil.
The benefits of coffee essential oil are due to its wide range of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Potential Benefits and Uses of Coffee Essential Oil
1. Coffee Essential Oils May Aid in Weight Loss.
Unsweetened coffee is a popular beverage for weight loss. It’s because caffeine, its key component may help control your appetite.
As this essential oil comes from coffee beans, it may also help you with weight loss.
2. It Can Help Prevent Chronic Disease.
Coffee essential oil is rich in antioxidants. Thus, it can fight the harmful effects of free radicals.
Another research was published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. It evaluated the role of antioxidant in green coffee. 
Due to antioxidant properties, coffee essential oil can help increase blood flow, reduce oxidative stress in the skin, and prevent infections. It may also help reduce age spots, wrinkles, and improve skin elasticity.
3. Coffee Essential Oil Improves Respiratory Health.
Using this oil can ease any infection in the respiratory tracts and clear blocked nasal passage.
4. It Can Reduce Pain and Inflammation.
Due to its anti-inflammatory components, coffee essential oil can soothe pain and inflammation.
This essential oil can also relieve headaches, arthritis, gout, and gastrointestinal distress.
5. Coffee Essential Oil May Prevent Cancer.
Several studies have been done to test this oil’s efficacy on cancer treatment.
A study shows kahweol, and other antioxidant components may be associated with the low incidence of cancer. 
More studies are required. But the above two studies are enough to make you use coffee essential oil regularly.
6. It Can Improve Digestion.
Coffee essential oil can treat so many gastrointestinal problems. It’s because the antioxidants and acids found in this oil can reduce nausea, optimize digestion, and prevent constipation. 
Inhalation or adding this oil to food may help if you are suffering from constipation, nausea, or vomiting.
7. Coffee Essential Oil Can Promote Hair Growth.
Coffee essential oil can promote hair growth. It’s because the oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These components can help treat any problem in the scalp and ensure healthy hair.
A study published in 2014 shows that caffeine has growth-promoting effects on the human hair follicle.  As the essential oil also has caffeine, adding it into other hair care products may also help.
8. It Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety.
One of the primary causes that makes people love coffee is its aroma. The strong aroma can wake up your sense and refresh your mind.
There is no such research on the stress relieving ability of coffee essential oil. But people claim that using this oil in aromatherapy can provide a feeling of peace and calm.
9. Coffee Essential Oil May Relieve Bug Sting.
While there’s no such research on this fact, many people use this oil to soothe bug sting. Coffee essential oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So, it may help reduce pain and inflammation due to bug sting.
How to Make Coffee Essential Oil
While this essential oil is available at the store, you can make your coffee essential oil at home. You can use either whole coffee beans or ground coffee beans. The latter could speed up the release of chemicals and active acids in the coffee beans.
Here’s a simple recipe for making coffee essential oil:
- Add 6 ounces of coffee beans in a Crockpot.
- Pour 6 ounces of olive oil to cover the beans.
- Stir the mix and apply heat (medium/high heat for un-roasted beans and low for the roasted beans).
- Cover the pot. Uncover it every 1 hour to stir the mix.
- Lower the heat if the beans turn into brown (Only for un-roasted beans)
- Repeat the process for 8-10 hours.
- Take a mason jar and put a cheesecloth over it. Put a strainer on top of the cheesecloth.
- Pour the mix into the mason jar. The cheesecloth and strainer will catch the impurities.
- Seal the mason jar. Store the oil in a dry, cool, and dark place.
How to Use Coffee Essential Oil
There are several ways to use this essential oil. You can dilute it with other oils or make a blend for topical application. You can also use it to a diffuser or add to foods and beverages for flavoring.
Here are some methods you can use coffee essential oil:
- To boost antioxidant intake, add a few drops of this essential oil into your juice or other beverages.
- Dilute a few drops of coffee essential oil with a carrier oil. Massage your joint and muscle with this oil.
- You can add a few drops of coffee essential oil to your bathwater, liquid soap, shampoo.
- Pour a few drops of coffee oil into a diffuser and inhale its aroma.
- To ease insect bites, rub 1-2 drops of this oil to the affected area.
- You can also add some of this oil to your laundry for a delightful aroma.
Best Blending Combination
You can use coffee essential oil by diluting it with some carrier oils. But, this essential oil mixes with some other essential oils as well. These include:
- Sandalwood oil.
- Ylang ylang oil.
- Patchouli oil.
- Geranium rose oil.
Is There Any Side Effect of Coffee Essential Oil?
Coffee essential oil is usually safe. But it also has few side effects such as irritation or gastrointestinal problems. Some common problems you may have while using this oil are:
- This oil can create skin irritation for some people. If you’re using this oil for the first time, apply a few drops to your skin. Wait for 2-3 hours. If there’s any irritation or puffiness occurs, do not use it again.
- Internal consumption may cause an allergic reaction to some people. Do not consume this oil internally.
- Coffee essential oil contains potent components. So, pregnant women and breastfeeding moms should not use this oil. You should not use this oil on children as well.
- If you have epilepsy or liver problem, use this oil only under proper guidance.
If you’re some who can’t live without coffee, you’ll surely love this essential oil. Its delightful aroma and numerous medicinal properties can help you in many ways.
Be it a mild flavoring of your food or to ease your health problems, coffee essential oil can be a good choice for you.
Although natural, you must use this oil with proper caution. Keep this oil away from the children and make sure they don’t consume it.
Apart from health benefits, you can also add this oil to your daily beauty routine. Add it to your soap, both water for a luxurious feeling. It’s antioxidants properties will also ensure a healthy skin and hair.
Whether you buy online or make it yourself, this essential oil possesses all the benefits of your favorite coffee.