Good hair growth depends on both a healthy lifestyle and an even a healthier hair care routine!
And to do that, you might often use some chemically enhanced products available in the market.
Such products promise to improve hair growth and its health.
You can never be sure of what these products are made of, and whether they are safe at all!
We have come up with some DIY hair growth serums that use only natural oils and herbs and NO Chemicals.
Experts are of the claim that these natural ingredients have effects on hair and scalp health.
This article gives out some easy and effective natural DIY hair growth serums.
10 Easy And Wonderful DIY Hair Growth Serum Recipes
1. Coconut Oil with Essential Oils
How to use coconut oil and essential oils for hair growth serum DIY:
- Take 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, 6 drops of lavender oil, 4-6 drops of ylang-ylang oil and a pump bottle.
- Fill the pump bottle with the coconut oil. Add in rosemary oil, lavender oil, ylang-ylang oil and shake well. Pump some oil out of the bottle and apply all over your hair including the scalp.
- Keep it to rest for an hour and wash off with a good shampoo. Store this pump bottle in a dry place and repeat this process three times a week.
2. Jojoba Oil with Essential Oils
Rosemary oil and lavender oil also contribute to enhancing the hair growing process.
Hair growth serum DIY using jojoba oil with essential oils:
- Using a clean bottle, fill it with ¼ cup of jojoba oil. Add ¼ tsp of lavender oil, 5 drops of each of rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and 2 drops of basil oil. Shake this well.
- Take a few drops of this serum and apply all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo. Keep the bottle in a dry place, avoiding direct sunlight. Repeat this thrice every week.
3. Olive Oil and Essential Oils
A combination of olive oil and essential oils ensure a healthy scalp. It also promotes the growth of healthy and luscious hair.
For this remedy, you will need ¼ cup of olive oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of basil oil, and 2 drops of cedarwood oil.
Homemade hair growth serum using olive oil and essential oils:
- Take a bowl and pour the olive oil.
- Add rosemary essential oil, basil essential oil, cedarwood essential oil and mix well.
- Take some of this serum and apply to your hair and scalp, wait for 30 minutes before using a good shampoo to rinse it off.
- Store the remaining serum in a glass bottle and keep it in a dry place.
4. Nettle Leaf, Horsetail Leaf, and Aloe Vera Gel
Combining these two with some essential oils and aloe vera can be one of the best ways of promoting hair growth. Also, you will get a healthy and nourished scalp.
Homemade hair growth serum using nettle leaf, horsetail leaf, and aloe vera gel for:
You will need: 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of nettle leaves, 2 tablespoons of horsetail leaves, ¼ teaspoon of lavender oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of sage oil, and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Stir the nettle and horsetail leaves. Let it simmer for some time. Strain the water from the leaves and keep to cool it down at room temperature.
- Add all the essential oils and aloe vera gel and combine well.
- Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you cover every layer of hair while massaging your scalp. Cover your head with a shower cap and keep it on for 40 minutes before washing off your hair with shampoo.
- Pour the remaining serum into an airtight jar and keep it in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Use this method once a week.
5. Safflower Oil, Basil Oil, and Rosemary Oil
This serum is a blend of some amazing essential oils. Safflower oil is rich in omega 6 fatty acids which improve the hair growing process. 
And to turn this into a perfect hair-growing combo, you can add some castor oil. The castor oil will nourish both your hair and scalp and help you achieve a healthy and attractive hair.
A simple way of using safflower oil, basil oil, and rosemary oil:
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary oil, 2 tablespoons of safflower oil, ¼ tsp of basil oil and 2 drops of cedarwood oil and mix well.
- Apply this serum to your entire hair and scalp. Leave it to rest for 30 to 40 minutes and wash off with a good shampoo.
- Store the remaining serum in a pump bottle and repeat this process twice every week.
6. Argan Oil and Essential Oils
Argan oil has plenty of vitamin E. It is also a great source of wonderful moisturizing agents. The use of argan oil ensures a healthy and damage free scalp, which encourages new hair to grow faster. 
You can make a hair serum by mixing your argan oil with geranium, cedarwood, and ylang-ylang oil.
Natural hair growth serum using argan oil and essential oils:
- Take 1/2 cup of argan oil, 1/4 tsp of ylang-ylang oil, 2 drops of geranium oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, and a pump bottle.
- Take the argan oil in a pump bottle and add in the essential oils. Apply a few pumps of the serum all over your hair and scalp.
- You may keep this on for a long time, even overnight and wash off with shampoo the next day.
- Put the bottle in a cool, dry place and repeat this twice a week.
Read More: 18 Great Hair Benefits Of Argan Oil
7. Vitamin E Oil and Honey
Vitamin E oil is an essential element when it comes to hair growth.
It is an antioxidant which prevents your scalp from damage. Vitamin E oil, also, repairs and builds the tissues of your scalp. It improves the condition of the follicles of your hair. 
Honey provides moisture and strengthens the hair follicles which results in stronger hair.
A combination of vitamin E oil and honey will promote hair growth. It will also improve the condition of your hair and your scalp.
An easy method of using vitamin E oil and honey:
- You will need one tablespoon of coconut oil, 8 capsules of vitamin E oil, and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Take the coconut oil in a bowl warm it up a little. Next, add in the vitamin E oil and honey. Mix well. Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you apply it to each layer of your hair. Massage your scalp with it in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your hair for almost an hour and wash off using a mild shampoo. Repeat this process thrice a week.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar and Rosemary
It also replenishes the pH of the cuticles of your hair. So, making them stronger and preventing further hair loss.
For best results, dilute the apple cider vinegar with olive oil and apply to your hair. You can add in some rosemary essential oil to the mixture to enhance the quality of the serum.
Use apple cider vinegar and rosemary for natural hair growth serum:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 5 tablespoons of olive oil and a bunch of rosemary leaves in a bowl.
- Leave the mixture to rest for about half an hour before applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Wait for another half an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for better results.
9. Black Castor Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil
Black Jamaican castor oil is rich in protein, minerals and Vitamin A.
All these help in ensuring a healthy scalp, which enhances the hair growing process.  A combination of black castor oil and rosemary oil can give you the best quality hair with faster growth.
Here is a simple way of using rosemary and black castor oil for hair growth:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of black castor oil and 6 drops of rosemary essential oil in a bowl and warm it up. Then, take a few drops of the mixture in the palm of your hand. Next, apply all over your hair, massaging your scalp.
- Next, take a towel and drench it in hot water. Squeeze the water out and cover your entire head with it. Leave your hair like this until the towel gets cold. Repeat this for at least three times. Take the towel off your head and massage your hair again before washing it off with shampoo.
- Use this thrice a week in a spaced-out schedule and get the best results for your hair.
10. Sweet Almond Oil and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sweet almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, B6 and Vitamin A. 
Vitamin E regulates the regeneration of skin cells while Vitamin B6 enhances the growth of new hair.
Vitamin A provides your scalp with the necessary nutrients. This, in turn, balances the blood level and ensures proper circulation.
Sandalwood essential oil locks in moisture and influences the hair growing process.
Learn how you may use sweet almond oil and sandalwood essential oil for your hair:
- Fill up a pump bottle with half a cup of sweet almond oil and a quarter teaspoon sandalwood essential oil.
- Shake well to mix all the ingredients.
- Apply a few drops of this serum every day.
- Store the bottle away from direct sunlight.
Tips and Precautions
- Before applying any of the hair growth serums, make sure to do a patch test beforehand. If you find any irritation occurring, then do not use it anymore.
- Avoid using any product to which you are allergic
- Always maintain good hygiene.
- Try to grow a healthy eating habit where there are lots of fruits and vegetables and less greasy foods.
- When it comes to using a hair product, storing it correctly is very important.
All the hair growth serums described above may work effectively and promote long hair. They also ensure a proper balance to your scalp which results in healthier hair.
the ingredients used in the hair serums contain essential vitamins and nutrients beneficial for the hair and scalp.
If you want to adopt natural ways to treat your hair better, these methods are the best for you.