Do you want your hair to grow faster?
Good hair growth depends on both a healthy lifestyle and an even healthier hair care routine!
And to do that, you might often use some chemically enhanced products available in the market.
Such products come with ads saying they surely promise to improve hair growth and its health. But, you can never judge for yourself. You can never be sure of what these products are made, and whether they are safe at all!
Are you worrying about it now?
If so, then you do not need to worry anymore! We have managed to put together some of the best solutions for you.
These fantastic DIY hair serum recipes will increase your hair’s growth and health.
In this article, we have:
- 10 easy and wonderful DIY Hair growth serum recipes
- Ways of applying them to your hair
- Some tips and precautions for you
DIY Hair Growth Serum Recipes and how to apply them
1. Coconut Oil with Essential Oils
Coconut oil is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids that ensure proper nourishment to your scalp and, also, controls the sebum production resulting in healthy hair growth. 
Rosemary essential oil – a well-known name for its fantastic function in stimulating hair growth. 
To enhance the productivity of this serum, you can also add some lavender and ylang-ylang essential oil to it. [3, 4]
- Take a pump bottle and fill it in with a quarter cup of coconut oil.
- Add in 5 drops of rosemary oil, 6 drops of lavender oil, 4-6 drops of ylang-ylang, and shake it well.
- Pump some oil out of the bottle and apply all over your hair including the scalp.
- Keep it to rest for nearly an hour and wash off with a good shampoo.
- Store this pump bottle in a dry place and repeat this process three times a week.
Also Read: How to Have Healthy Nails with Coconut Oil
2. Jojoba Oil with Essential Oils
Jojoba oil provides necessary moisture to both your hair and scalp and promotes the generation of new skin cells leading to hair growth. 
Rosemary oil and lavender oil also contribute to enhancing the hair growing process.
Basil and tea tree essential oils are added in to protect your scalp and for improving the health of it. [6, 7]
- Using a clean bottle, fill it with a quarter cup of jojoba oil.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of lavender oil, 5 drops of rosemary and tea tree oils each, and 2 drops of basil oil. Shake this well.
- Take a few drops of this serum and apply all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Keep the bottle in a dry place, avoiding direct sunlight.
- Repeat this thrice every week.
Also Read: 12 Reasons Why You Should Use Jojoba Oil for Hair and How to Do It
3. Olive Oil and Essential Oils
Olive oil, being an excellent source of antioxidants, works on a disturbed scalp and prevents it from further damage. 
A combination of olive oil and essential oils ensure a healthy scalp and promote the growth of naturally healthy and luscious hair.
- Take a bowl and pour olive oil.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary essential oil, 2 drops of basil essential oil, 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil and mix well.
- Take some of this serum and apply to your hair and scalp, wait for 30 minutes before using a good shampoo to rise it off.
- Store the remaining serum in a glass bottle and keep it in a dry place.
4. Nettle Leaf, Horsetail Leaf, and Aloe Vera Gel
Nettle leaves and horsetail leaves are filled with nutrients essential for healthy hair growth. [9, 10]
Combining these two with some essential oils and soothing aloe vera gel can be one of the best ways of promoting faster hair growth along with a healthy and nourished scalp.
- Pour a cup of water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of nettle and horsetail leaves each. Let it simmer for some time.
- Strain the water from the leaves and keep to cool it down at room temperature.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of lavender oil, few drops rosemary oil and few drops of sage oil. Add aloe vera gel and combine well.
- Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you cover every layer of hair while massaging your scalp gently.
- Carefully cover your head with a shower cap and keep it on for 40 minutes before washing off your hair with shampoo.
- Pour the remaining serum into an airtight jar and keep it in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Use this method once a week.
5. Safflower Oil, Basil Oil, and Rosemary Oil
This serum is a blend of some amazing essential oils.
Safflower oil is known to be the powerhouse of omega 6 fatty acids which improve the hair growing process. 
Rosemary oil, basil oil, and cedarwood oil are famous for their contribution to maintaining a healthy scalp and lustrous hair. [6, 12]
And to turn this into a perfect hair-growing combo, you can add some castor oil. The castor oil will nourish both your hair and scalp and help you achieve a healthy and attractive hair.
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary oil, 2 tablespoons of safflower oil and a quarter teaspoon of basil oil. You may add a few drops of cedarwood oil if you like. Mix well.
- Apply this serum to your entire hair and scalp.
- Leave it to rest for 30 to 40 minutes and wash off with a good shampoo.
- Store the remaining serum in a pump bottle and repeat this process twice every week.
Also Read: 13 Health Benefits and Uses of Rosemary Oil (Backed by Evidence)
6. Argan Oil and Essential Oils
Argan oil has an abundance of vitamin E. It is also a great source of wonderful moisturizing agents.
The use of argan oil ensures a healthy and damage free scalp, which encourages new hair to grow faster. 
You can make a hair serum by mixing your argan oil with few other healthy essential oils like geranium, cidarwood, and ylang-ylang essential oil.
- Take half-a-cup of argan oil in a pump bottle and add in the essential oils.
- Mix a quarter teaspoon of ylang-ylang oil with a few drops of geranium and cedarwood oils each. Apply a few pumps of the serum all over your hair and scalp.
- You may keep this on for a long time, even overnight and wash off with shampoo the next day.
- Put the bottle in a cool, dry place and repeat this twice a week.
7. Vitamin E Oil and Honey
Vitamin E oil is an essential element when it comes to hair growth.
It is an antioxidant which prevents your scalp from damage. Vitamin E oil, also, repairs and builds the tissues of your scalp. It improves the condition of the follicles of your hair. 
Honey provides moisture and strengthens the hair follicles which results in stronger hair.
A combination of vitamin E oil and honey, therefore, will not only promote hair growth but will also improve the condition of your hair and your scalp.
- Take a bowl and pour one tablespoon of any healthy carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and warm it up a little.
- Next, add in 8 capsules of vitamin E oil and 2 tablespoons, honey. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you apply it to each layer of your hair. Massage your scalp with it in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your hair for almost an hour and wash off using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process thrice a week.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar and Rosemary
Apple cider vinegar repairs and unclogs your hair follicles, which promotes hair growth. 
It also replenishes the pH of the cuticles of your hair. So, making them stronger and preventing further hair loss.
For best results, dilute the apple cider vinegar with olive oil and apply to your hair.
You can add in some rosemary essential oil to the mixture to enhance the quality of the serum.
- In a bowl, mix up 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a bunch of rosemary and leave the mixture to rest for about half an hour before applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Wait for another half an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for better results.
9. Castor Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil
Castor oil is rich in protein, minerals and Vitamin A.
All of these help in ensuring a healthy scalp, which enhances the hair growing process. 
A combination of castor oil and rosemary oil can guarantee you the best quality hair with faster growth.
- To 2 tablespoons of castor oil, add 6 drops of rosemary essential oil and warm it up.
- Then, take a few drops of the mixture in the palm of your hand. Next, applying thoroughly all over your hair, massaging your scalp slowly.
- Next, take a towel and drench it in hot water. Squeeze the water out and cover your entire head with it.
- Leave your hair like this until the towel gets cold. Repeat this for at least three times.
- Take the towel off your head and massage your hair again before washing it off with shampoo.
- Use this thrice a week in a spaced-out schedule and get the best results for your hair.
Also Read: 8 Benefits of Castor Oil For Your Hair + How to Use It
10. Sweet Almond Oil and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sweet almond oil is enriched with Vitamin E, B6 and Vitamin A. 
Vitamin E regulates regeneration of skin cells while Vitamin B6 enhances the growth of new hair.
Vitamin A provides your scalp with the necessary nutrients. This, in turn, balances the blood level and ensures proper circulation.
Sandalwood essential oil locks in moisture and positively influences the hair growing process.
- Fill a pump bottle with sweet half a cup of sweet almond oil.
- Add a quarter teaspoon sandalwood essential oil and shake the bottle well so that the two oils combine.
- Apply a few drops of this serum every day.
- Store the bottle away from direct sunlight.
Tips and Precautions
- Before applying any of the above DIY serums, make sure to do a patch test beforehand. If you find any irritation occurring, then do not use it anymore.
- Avoid using any product to which you are allergic
- Always maintain good hygiene.
- Try to grow a healthy eating habit where there are lots of fruits and vegetables and less greasy foods.
- When it comes to using a hair product, storing it correctly is very important.
All the hair serums described above work great for promoting hair growth. They also ensure a proper balance to your scalp which results in healthier hair.
If you want to adopt natural ways to treat your hair better, these methods are the best for you. Please let us know whether this article was helpful for you in the comments section below.
Read Next: 5 Great Hair Oils for Hair Growth and Thickness + How to Use