Good hair growth depends on a healthy lifestyle and a healthier hair care routine. Therefore, we have developed some DIY hair growth serums that use only natural oils and herbs and NO Chemicals.
And to do that, you might often use some chemically enhanced products available on the market.
But such products may contain harsh chemicals that aren’t safe for your hair. In that case, a homemade hair growth serum can naturally nourish your scalp and hair without any side effects.
Experts are of the claim that natural ingredients have positive effects on hair and scalp health.
This article gives out some easy and effective natural DIY hair growth serums.
10 Easy And Wonderful DIY Hair Growth Serums
1. Coconut Oil with Essential Oils
Coconut oil is rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids. It ensures proper nourishment to your scalp. Besides, it controls sebum production resulting in healthy hair growth. 
Rosemary essential oil is famous for its significant function in stimulating hair growth. 
You can also add some lavender and ylang-ylang essential oil to it. It will enhance the productivity of the serum. [3, 4]
How to use coconut oil and essential oils for DIY hair growth serum:
- Take 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, 6 drops of lavender oil, 4-6 drops of ylang-ylang oil, and a pump bottle.
- Fill the pump bottle with coconut oil. Add rosemary, lavender, and ylang-ylang oil and shake well. Next, pump some oil out of the bottle and apply it all over your hair, including the scalp.
- Please keep it to rest for an hour and wash off with a good shampoo. Then, store this pump bottle in a dry place and repeat this process three times a week.
Read More: How to Get Rid of a Chalazion: 8 Easy Home Remedies to Comfort Your Eyes!
2. Jojoba Oil with Essential Oils
Jojoba oil provides necessary moisture to both your hair and scalp. It also promotes the generation of new skin cells leading to hair growth. 
Rosemary oil and lavender oil also contribute to enhancing the hair growing process.
Basil and tea tree essential oils can protect your scalp and improve your health. [6, 7]
Hair growth serum DIY using jojoba oil with essential oils:
- Using a clean bottle, fill it with a ¼ cup of jojoba oil. Add ¼ tsp of lavender oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and 2 drops of basil oil. Shake this well.
- Please take a few drops of this serum and apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash it off with a mild shampoo. Keep the bottle in a dry place, avoiding direct sunlight. Repeat this thrice every week.
Read More: 12 Reasons Why You Should Use Jojoba Oil for Hair and How to Do It
3. Olive Oil and Essential Oils
Olive oil is an excellent source of antioxidants. It works on a disturbed scalp and prevents it from further damage. 
A combination of olive oil and essential oils ensures a healthy scalp. It also promotes the growth of healthy and luscious hair.
For this remedy, you will need a ¼ cup of olive oil, 5 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of basil oil, and 2 drops of cedarwood oil.
Homemade hair growth serum using olive oil and essential oils:
- Take a bowl and pour the olive oil.
- Add rosemary essential oil, basil essential oil, and cedarwood essential oil and mix well.
- Take some of this serum and apply it to your hair and scalp; wait 30 minutes before using a good shampoo to rinse it.
- Store the remaining serum in a glass bottle and keep it in a dry place.
Read More: Coconut Oil for Tanning Bed: Why & How You Should Use It
4. Nettle Leaf, Horsetail Leaf, and Aloe Vera Gel
Nettle leaves and horsetail leaves are rich in nutrients essential for hair growth. [9, 10]
Combining these two with some essential oils and aloe vera can be one of the best ways of promoting hair growth. Also, you will get a healthy and nourished scalp.
Homemade hair growth serum using nettle leaf, horsetail leaf, and aloe vera gel for:
You will need: 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of nettle leaves, 2 tablespoons of horsetail leaves, a ¼ teaspoon of lavender oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of sage oil, and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Next, stir the nettle and horsetail leaves. Let it simmer for some time. Then, strain the water from the leaves and keep to cool down at room temperature.
- Add all the essential oils and aloe vera gel and combine well.
- Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you cover every layer of hair while massaging your scalp. Next, cover your head with a shower cap and keep it on for 40 minutes before washing off your hair with shampoo.
- Pour the remaining serum into an airtight jar and keep it in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Use this method once a week.
Read More: How to Get Rid of Indigestion Fast: 19 Home Remedies
5. Safflower Oil, Basil Oil, and Rosemary Oil
This serum is a blend of some amazing essential oils. Safflower oil is rich in omega-6 fatty acids, improving hair growth. 
Rosemary oil, basil oil, and cedarwood oil are famous for their contribution to maintaining a healthy scalp and lustrous hair. 
And to turn this into a perfect hair-growing combo, you can add some castor oil. The castor oil will nourish your hair and scalp and help you achieve healthy and attractive hair.
A simple way of making DIY hair growth serum using safflower oil, basil oil, and rosemary oil:
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl and microwave for a few seconds.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary oil, 2 tablespoons of safflower oil, ¼ tsp of basil oil, and 2 drops of cedarwood oil and mix well.
- Apply this serum to your entire hair and scalp. Then, please leave it to rest for 30 to 40 minutes and wash off with a good shampoo.
- Store the remaining serum in a pump bottle and repeat this process twice weekly.
Read More: 21 Simple Ways to Get Rid of Period Cramps (& How to Use Them)
6. Argan Oil and Essential Oils
Argan oil has plenty of vitamin E. It is also a great source of excellent moisturizing agents. Using argan oil ensures a healthy and damage-free scalp, encouraging new hair to grow faster. 
Mixing your argan oil with geranium, cedarwood, and ylang-ylang oil can make a hair serum.
Natural hair growth serum using argan oil and essential oils:
- Take 1/2 cup of argan oil, 1/4 tsp of ylang-ylang oil, 2 drops of geranium oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, and a pump bottle.
- Take the argan oil in a pump bottle and add in the essential oils. Apply a few pumps of the serum all over your hair and scalp.
- You may keep this on for a long time, even overnight, and wash it off with shampoo the next day.
- Put the bottle in a cool, dry place and repeat this twice a week.
Read More: 18 Great Hair Benefits Of Argan Oil
7. Vitamin E Oil and Honey
Vitamin E oil is an essential element when it comes to hair growth.
It is an antioxidant that prevents your scalp from being damaged. Vitamin E oil also repairs and builds the tissues of your scalp. It improves the condition of the follicles of your hair. 
Honey provides moisture and strengthens the hair follicles, which results in stronger hair.
A combination of vitamin E oil and honey will promote hair growth. It will also improve the condition of your hair and your scalp.
An easy method of using vitamin E oil and honey:
- You will need one tablespoon of coconut oil, 8 capsules of vitamin E oil, and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Take the coconut oil in a bowl and warm it up a little. Next, add in the vitamin E oil and honey. Mix well. Apply this mixture all over your head. Make sure you apply it to each layer of your hair. Massage your scalp with it in a circular motion.
- Leave it on your hair for almost an hour and wash it off using a mild shampoo. Repeat this process thrice a week.
Read More: 10 Reasons to Use Vitamin E Oil For Hair Growth
8. Apple Cider Vinegar and Rosemary
Apple cider vinegar repairs and unclogs your hair follicles, which promotes hair growth. 
It also replenishes the pH of the cuticles of your hair. I am so making them stronger and preventing further hair loss.
For best results, dilute the apple cider vinegar with olive oil and apply it to your hair. You can add some rosemary essential oil to the mixture to enhance the quality of the serum.
Use apple cider vinegar and rosemary for natural hair growth serum:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 5 tablespoons of olive oil, and a bunch of rosemary leaves in a bowl.
- Leave the mixture to rest for about half an hour before applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Wait half an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for better results.
Read More: How Apple Cider Vinegar Can Help You Get Rid of Your Acne
9. Black Castor Oil and Rosemary Essential Oil
Black Jamaican castor oil is rich in protein, minerals, and Vitamin A.
These help ensure a healthy scalp, enhancing the hair growing process.  Combining black castor oil and rosemary oil can give you the best quality hair with faster growth.
Here is a simple way of using rosemary and black castor oil for hair growth:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of black castor oil and 6 drops of rosemary essential oil in a bowl and warm it up. Then, take a few drops of the mixture in the palm of your hand. Next, apply all over your hair, massaging your scalp.
- Next, take a towel and drench it in hot water. Then, squeeze the water out and cover your entire head with it. Leave your hair like this until the towel gets cold. Repeat this at least three times. Finally, take the towel off your head and massage your hair again before washing it off with shampoo.
- Use this thrice a week in a spaced-out schedule and get the best results for your hair.
Read More: 8 Benefits of Castor Oil For Your Hair + How to Use It.
10. Sweet Almond Oil and Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sweet almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, B6, and Vitamin A. 
Vitamin E regulates the regeneration of skin cells, while Vitamin B6 enhances the growth of new hair.
Vitamin A provides your scalp with the necessary nutrients. This, in turn, balances the blood level and ensures proper circulation.
Sandalwood essential oil locks in moisture and influences the hair growing process.
Learn how you may use sweet almond oil and sandalwood essential oil for your hair:
- Fill a pump bottle with half a cup of sweet almond oil and a quarter teaspoon of sandalwood essential oil.
- Shake well to mix all the ingredients.
- Apply a few drops of this serum every day.
- Store the bottle away from direct sunlight.
Read More: Almond Oil for Dark Circles Under Eye: Here’s How To And Why
Tips and Precautions
- Before applying any of the hair growth serums, make sure to do a patch test beforehand. If you find any irritation occurring, then do not use it anymore.
- Avoid using any product to which you are allergic
- Always maintain good hygiene.
- Try to grow a healthy eating habit where there are lots of fruits and vegetables and less greasy foods.
- When it comes to using a hair product, storing it correctly is very important.
All the hair growth serums described above may work effectively and promote long hair. They also ensure a proper scalp balance, resulting in healthier hair.
The ingredients used in the hair serums contain essential vitamins and nutrients beneficial for the hair and scalp.
These methods are the best for you if you want to adopt natural ways to treat your hair better.
Read Next: 11 Natural Ways to Cure Muscle Spasms in Stomach & Reasons