Essential oils for gallbladder may not cure your condition without medical attention but can work as an excellent complementary medicine. In this article, we will discuss the efficacy of some best essential oils for the gallbladder to get rid of gallstones and gallbladder pain.
These essential oils may help you detox your gallbladder and take care of your entire digestive system as well.
It is a tiny pear-shaped organ of your body that stores bile and concentrates before releasing it into the small intestines. 
This little organ empties and deflates when you’re eating and fills itself with bile when you’re not.
It’s a vital organ of your digestive system.
Your gallbladder, liver, kidneys, and pancreas are all interconnected. Thus by taking care of your gallbladder, you may take care of all of them. 
Most gallbladder-related problems happen because of gallstone formation. 
Gallstones are the crystallized form of the substances in bile and cholesterol.
They are usually harmless; you may have gallstones and not know it for years. However, they can be severe if you’re not careful and may cause pain, nausea, and inflammation.
The therapeutic compounds of some essential oils may dissolve gallstones and relieve the symptoms. 
Essential oils may not provide you with the complete treatment of gallbladder issues. These oils are only a supporting aid in relieving some of the symptoms of gallbladder problems. 
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are concentrated hydrophobic liquids. These oils contain volatile aroma compounds extracted from the plants. 
Essential oils are produced through distillation or mechanical methods, such as cold pressing.
Essential oils are necessary ingredients in aromatherapy. However, you can also inhale them through the nose and mouth and rub them on your skin based on the purpose.
5 Essential Oils for Gallbladder Problems
1. Peppermint Oil for Gallbladder
Clinical evidence suggests peppermint oil may help with irritable bowel systems and gallbladder attacks.
Peppermint oil may stimulate the flow of bile. In addition, it can boost the flow of other digestive juices that help in proper digestion.
Peppermint oil has terpene. It is one of the powerful natural components that may dissolve gallstones effectively.
2. Melissa Essential Oil for Gallbladder
Melissa oil is famous for its pleasant smell. The aromatic oil has antitumor and antibacterial effects.  Also, it has good use in the gallbladder because of its lipolytic effects. You may use the oil to dissolve gallstones.
Its choleretic properties may boost bile production. In addition, the oil can enhance stomach function and relieve gas.
Melissa essential oil has an anti-inflammatory agent, which may calm inflammation and pain in the gallbladder. In addition, its soothing and sedative nature makes it perfect for relieving gallbladder attacks.
3. Rosemary ct. Verbenone for Essential Oil
The herb Rosemary is quite helpful in curing liver and gallbladder-related problems. 
Although a bit less popular than the classic Rosemary oil, it may give you control over your cholesterol.
Rosemary ct. Verbenone may effectively remove toxins from the liver and gallbladder.
This essential oil is lipolytic because of its high content of Verbenone, which can boost your digestion and prevent the formation of gallstones.
The oil also contains alpha-pinene, cineole, and camphor. Rosemary oil comprises gallstone dissolving properties. These natural therapeutic properties are better than the molecule in traditional medicines. 
4. Lemon Essential Oil for Gallbladder
Lemon oil is famous for its antioxidant and antimicrobial activities. 
It may improve blood circulation and boost bile production. It also helps the bile adequately be released into the small intestine.
Its ability to break down the fats may prevent the formation of gallstones. Lemon oil can also soothe liver and pancreas fatigue caused by lack of sleep, overeating, etc.
5. Frankincense Oil for Gallbladder
Frankincense oil originates from the steam distillation of the resin of Boswellia serrata trees.
The traditional oil is rich in antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, and anti-neurotic components. 
Frankincense oil is quite helpful in helping the digestive system. By mixing with other oils, it can help dissolve gallstones.
How to Use Essential Oils for Gallbladder: 3 Recipes
Essential oils are highly potent. It would help if you handled them with care. 
You should always dilute the oil before using it, mainly when using it topically.Here are some essential oil blend recipes to get rid of gallbladder attacks.
What You Need:
- Two teaspoons of carrier oil
- Four drops of Rosemary ct. Verbenone essential oil
- Four drops of Melissa essential oil
Direction to use:
- Mix the oils and shake them well.
- Apply a moderate amount of the blend to the upper right of your chest. Massage with both palms flattened in a clockwise movement.
- The best time for massage is the evening before bed.
What You Need:
- Eight drops of Melissa essential oil
- Ten drops of Lemon essential oils
- Seven drops of Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 oz. (30 ml) of Olive oil or Hemp oil
Direction to Use:
- Shake the blend well.
- Apply two times a day in the affected area, massage them gently in a clockwise movement
- You can use this blend up to 8 times a day in case of a gallbladder attack
What You Need:
- 15 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 15 drops of Lemon essential oil
Direction to use:
- Mix them well
- Apply 6-10 drops of that blend over the gallbladder area 2-3 times daily.
When to See a Doctor for Gallbladder Problems
Visit your doctor if you experience the following symptoms:
- High fever and chills
- Nausea,vomiting, and appetite loss
- Eyes and skin may appear yellowish or white
- Gray stools and dark brown urine
- Stomach pain and cramps
Consult with your doctor once you experience these symptoms. The doctor may recommend you for some tests or proper treatment of the condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What oil is best for gallstones?
- Olive Oil and Canola Oil, among other oils, may work well. It’s because mono- and polyunsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids found in avocados, canola, flaxseed, and fish are beneficial in preventing gallstone disease.
- What essential oil helps with gallbladder pain?
- Peppermint Oil. Menthol, a soft compound that promotes pain relief, can be found in peppermint and can be used to ease stomach pain, improve digestion, and relieve nausea. You can also try drinking peppermint tea to reduce gallbladder pain and improve health.
- What dissolves gallbladder stones fast?
- Ursodiol can be used to dissolve gallstones in people who are scared of surgery. You can also use ursodiol to prevent the formation of gallstones in overweight people who are losing weight very quickly.
- How can I flush my gallbladder at home?
- You can eat or drink a combination of olive oil, herbs, and fruit juice over several hours for a gallbladder cleanse. Proponents claim that gallbladder cleansing helps break up gallstones. It also stimulates the gallbladder to release them in the stool.
- Can turmeric increase the chance of gallstones?
- It can. Turmeric has significant amounts of oxalate, a chemical that increases the risk of gallstones.
The bile can’t be properly released all the time if there are gallstones and inflammation in the gallbladder. In such a situation, you may experience pressure and pain in the affected area.
Essential oils may be supplementary treatments for gallbladder problems. 
Essential oils may provide some relief when you have a gallbladder attack. However, you must know how to use them to avoid further complications.
Read about the usage and precautions before using any of these oils. Also, consult with your doctor in case of a gallbladder emergency.
- 10 Home Remedies for Gallbladder Pain (& How to Use Them)
- How to Get Rid of Kidney Stones Naturally: 14 Home Remedies