Galbanum resin is used for making medicine, and flavoring foods or drinks.
Galbanum essential oil has an entire history to tell. The great Hippocrates, the father of ancient medicine, loved the oil. He used the oil in his various healing recipes for its medicinal benefits.
Even the Bible in the book of Exodus (30:34-35) mentions the benefits and uses of galbanum oil.
The ancient Egyptians had great use of galbanum oil. They used it for incense and embalming. Galbanum oil smells like balsam, fruity or floral. You can use galbanum oil for fragrance and skin purpose. 
25 Research-Based Health Benefits And Uses Of Galbanum Oil
According to Lawless (1992), you can use galbanum oil as a cicatrizant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic (skin), analgesic, antispasmodic (respiratory system) and as a skin toner.  Let us take a brief look at them.
1. Galbanum Oil is an Anti-inflammatory
Most popular use of galbanum essential oil is as an anti-inflammatory agent. This ability makes it a favorable helper in almost all disease. Researchers are conducting a long-term investigation on it.
One study said this oil has got many potentials for the growth of anti-inflammatory drugs. Galbanum oil can help the body combat many health problems.
2. It’s an Anti-Spasmodic
Not only muscle spasm galbanum oil also reduces spasm in the intestinal tract. It is excellent for treating muscle pulls and relieving cramps. It gets the pain away from muscles and joint too. So it is a smart choice for athletes and those who do the physical activity a lot.
3. Galbanum Oil Helps With Arthritis
Galbanum oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, oil is excellent for patients with arthritis. Arthritis is an inflammation of joints.  You can use it rather than taking painkillers to lessen the joints pain. It is suitable for rheumatism too.
4. It Relieves Muscle Contraction
If you have pain in the muscle galbanum oil will help you get rid of the tightening as well as contracting. The oil is an astringent.
How you can use galbanum oil to relieve muscle:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 5 drops of galbanum oil and massage it concentrating on the hurting area. Also, can add geranium oil.
- A blend of lavender, black pepper, chamomile, clary sage with galbanum can treat pains.
5. Galbanum Oil may Treat Athlete’s Foot
You can treat this fungal condition of the feet very well with this phenomenal oil.
An easy way to use galbanum oil for athlete’s foot:
- Make a foot bath with 5 drops of the oil in warm water and sea salt.
6. It can Assist Your Respiratory System
In various ways, galbanum oil can help you with your respiratory system. The oil can protect and heal the respiratory system in times of need. 
Learn how you may use galbanum oil for the respiratory system:
- Add it with Scots pine, fir, rosemary, Atlas cedarwood, lemon.
- Soak your feet in it twice daily for better and faster result.
7. Galbanum Oil is a Decongestant
It means galbanum oil can clear up congestion and reduce cold and cough. It is also helpful in soothing bronchitis symptoms.  It may clear the lungs, nostrils and respiratory tracts. Just sniffing will do the trick.
8. It’s a Detoxifier
9. Galbanum Oil is Good For the Heart
10. It may Enhance Circulation
It stimulates and energizes the blood circulation and lymph in the body.  Thus it keeps the body healthy, away from infection, and disease. It may also prevent rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.
11. Galbanum Oil is a Relaxer
The sweet and floral odor of galbanum oil which is very fresh calms body and mind to relax you.
The oil is very good for treating fatigue, stress, tension, lethargy and other nervous issues. 
12. It can Heal Wounds
It can heal wounds. The oil promotes the gathering of leucocytes and platelets around the wound. It helps form a safety cover against infections. Galbanum oil also prevents fungal or bacterial development around the wound. 
13. Galbanum Oil can Regenerate Skin
Here’s how you may use galbanum oil as a cicatrisant:
You may apply a few drops of this oil on the damaged skin area. New cell and tissue may start to develop soon. It will also vanish the previous scars.
14. It’s a Moisturizer
Using it on the skin will get rid of stretch marks and fat cracks in the skin. After liposuction, or losing weight this oils helps to get skin back in shape. Skin will be smoother, shining and clear.
15. Galbanum Oil may Treat Acne
Try these galbanum oil recipes to treat your acne
- Add 5 drops of galbanum oil in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it on the infected area twice daily. Adding 2 drops of galbanum oil in face or body wash is also a great idea. It can treat dermatitis also.
- Make a blend of lavender, geranium, sandalwood, patchouli, jasmine and violet leaf with galbanum. It may create an integumentary product.
16. It’s an Anti-Aging Agent
This essential oil is an astringent as well. It can build new cells in parts of the body that means can diminish wrinkles. Facial skin gets tighten, and the effects of aging decelerate.
How to use galbanum oil as an anti-aging agent:
Add 2 drops of the oil in the facial cream and use it twice daily. Wrinkles will start to disappear in a week or two.
17. Galbanum Oil is an Anti-Parasitic
Galbanum is very good at keeping parasites away from both humans and pets. 
So consider including the oil in bathing water or shampoo and get rid of those pests for good.
18. It can Fight Infections
It has antibacterial properties which are a safeguard of the body from infection. It stops bacteria from growing.
A simple way to use galbanum oil to ease infection:
- Rub two drops of geranium oil on cut or infection and wrap it with clean cloth or gauze.
- It will heal the wound. Do it twice till it heals.
- While combating external infection, the oil also tackles internal infection. It means you can be healthy from inside as well.
19. Galbanum Oil is a Nerve Smoother
Galbanum oil help manage psychosomatic disorders, stress relief as well as panic attacks. Its nerve calming effect helps people struggling with claustrophobia and agoraphobia.
You can combine galbanum oil with rose, grapefruit, lemon, or orange oils. The mixture will soothe the nerves.
Try mixing it with jasmine, lotus, ylang-ylang, frankincense, cardamom, and tuberose oils.
20. It may Enhance Mental Function
Inhaling galbanum oils can help to think more clearly and positively. It increases concentration and makes you take a decision.
21. Galbanum Oil is an Antidepressant
Galbanum oil is a fantastic depression fighter. Those who suffer from depression, anxiety, anger, etc. can be greatly benefited by the oil. It lifts the mood and spirit.
22. It can Treat Sores And Ulcer
With its ability to fight infection it can cure both internal and external sores and ulcers. It also gets rids of muscular problems related to lymph.
23. Galbanum Oil is an Insect Repellent
Galbanum oil is good to use around the house. You can use it as a natural repellent. Mix the oil with water. Spray it around the house or on your body. Mosquitos and all sorts of bugs will stay away. You can also add baking soda to enhance the effect.
24. It’s a Bug Bite healer
The oil is capable of taking care of bug bite as well. Massaging the oil on the bit will clear the area, stop the itch and irritation.
These are the biggest benefits of galbanum oil that can help you in your daily life and allows you to be healthy.  It has insufficient evidence in helping with digestion problems, intestinal gas (flatulence), cough, etc.
25. Galbanum Oil is Great in Skincare
Unlike any other essential oil, galbanum oil is suitable for topical use, in aromatherapy and in cooking.
How you can use galbanum oil for your skincare:
To massage it on skin mix 10 drops of Galbanum, 5 drops of Helichrysum and 5 drops of Copaiba in a 2-ounce squeeze bottle. Fill up the rest with Jojoba oil. Shake it well. It can be used over inflamed areas as well.
Precautions Before Using Galbanum Oil
Just like any other essential oil galbanum oil too need special observation. All essential oil treatments should be done under expert’s supervision or after consulting them.
- Talk to your doctor. If you have any medical condition, it is not at all wise to start essential oil treatment without proper information and preparation.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women must be very careful. If there is any discomfort immediately stop it.
- Never apply essential oil directly on the skin. Dilute it in water or carrier oil must. Must not be applied to broken skin and abrasion.
- For internal use and cooking always seek a licensed aromatherapist or physician’s help.
- Kids above 2 years can use it but with a very thin consistency. Their max dilution is 1%.
- But, galbanum oil is approved by the FDA as a food flavoring agent and additive. So you can take a guess now. (19,20)
The essential oil that is pure does not go rancid. But it gets oxidized and deteriorates due to the sun, air, etc.
Then, it loses the therapeutic value and aromatic quality. Usually, galbanum oil can survive 2 years of shelf-life. But the number is variable depending on its distillation process to its distributor. Check it well and mark the date. It is not wise to use it after the oil has transformed into something else.