Rose Otto essential oil comes from the freshly picked majestic Damascus rose. The flower itself is quite famous for its delicate aroma that promotes peace and tranquility.
Like the flower, this essential oil also has a positive influence on people’s emotion. Besides, the oil contains so many therapeutic properties that are good for our health and skin. 
Continue reading to learn some research-based benefits and uses of rose otto essential oil.
Properties of Rose Otto Essential Oil
Rose Otto oil is light yellow with a thin consistency. It comes with an amazing smell like fresh cut roses. The shelf life of rose otto oil is six years.
Major components of rose otto oil include:
- Alkenes & alkanese
- Citronellyl acetate
6 Potential Benefits of Rose Otto Essential Oil
1. Rose Otto Oil Combats Signs of Aging.
Rose otto oil can also keep your skin hydrated, soft, and plumped as it can regulate moisture levels in the skin. Its astringent properties can help reduce the appearance of varicose veins and broken capillaries.
Due to its antioxidant properties, rose otto oil can also protect your skin from UV damage.
How to use rose otto oil for anti-aging:
- Mix a few drops of rose otto oil with argan oil or jojoba oil.
- Apply a few drops of that oil mix onto your face and gently massage.
2. It Reduces Stress.
The fragrance of rose otto oil can calm your mind when you’re stressed, anxious, and depressed. This oil can also reduce tension, mood swing, and insomnia.
In a study published in 2012, researchers tested the efficacy of rose otto oil and lavender oil. 28 Women with postpartum depression attended the trial. 
The trial goes for four weeks. The result shows a significant reduction in depression and anxiety among those women. 
Here’s how you may use rose otto oil for emotional wellbeing:
- Pour a few drops of rose otto essential oil to a diffuser. Inhale the aroma to tone down stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Mix a few drops of rose otto oil in a spray bottle. Spray this oil to your pillowcases and bed sheets to prevent insomnia.
3. Rose Otto Oil Can Balance Hormone.
A 2017 study shows rose otto oil can facilitate estrogen secretion in premenopausal women. 
Try this method of using rose otto oil to ease menstrual cramps:
- Dilute a few drops of rose otto essential oil with a carrier oil.
- Heat the mixture to make it warm.
- Massage the warm oil onto your lower abdomen.
4. It Strengthens The Digestive System.
A simple way to use rose otto oil to promote digestive health:
- Diffuse a few drops of rose otto oil throughout your home.
- Also, you can dilute some of this oil and massage your stomach.
5. Rose Otto Oil Increases Libido.
Rose Otto essential oil is known as a potent aphrodisiac. 
Research says the oil can treat impotence and frigidity. Regular use of this oil may increase libido and improve sexual life. 
How to use rose otto oil to increase libido:
- Dilute a few drops of rose otto oil with a carrier oil. Use the oil mix as a massage oil.
- Pour a few drops of rose otto essential oil to a diffuser and inhale its aroma.
6. It Treats Respiratory Illness.
Rose oil is rich in antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. 
Learn how you may use rose otto oil to treat respiratory issues:
- Diffuse a few drops of rose otto essential oil through your house.
- Add a drop of this essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head and inhale the vapor to soothe congestion.
Some Precautions For Using Rose Otto Essential Oil
Rose Otto oil is non-irritating and usually safe to use. But, you must follow some precaution to avoid any side-effects:
- Always dilute this oil with a good carrier oil.
- Perform a patch test to find it the oil suits your skin.
- Rose Otto oil is only for aromatherapy and topical application. You must not ingest this oil internally.
- Make sure you’re buying 100% therapeutic grade rose otto essential oil. The oil is quite expensive. Do not buy any adulterated version to save the money.
- Use this oil under the supervision of a doctor if you’re pregnant or a nursing mom.
- Store the oil in a dry, cool, and dark place.
Rose Otto Vs. Rose Absolute
Do not confuse rose otto essential oil with rose absolute oil. They both come from the same rose flower. But their distillation process, scent, color, and viscosity are different. 
Rose otto oil originates through steam distillation while rose absolute is solvent extracted.
Steam distillation is a far more superior process of extraction. Hence, rose otto oil is quite famous for topical application and aromatherapy.
Rose Otto oil is yellow while rose absolute is reddish. Rose absolute oil is often used in perfumery.
Rose otto oil has a wide array of uses. It can promote healthy skin, reduce stress, balance hormones, treats respiratory problems, etc.
It can take about 60 roses to get one drop of rose otto essential oil. That’s why the oil is quite expensive.
But, it’s powerful therapeutic properties make one drop go a long way. Therefore, it’s worth the money.
You can use this essential oil as your natural beauty products. Besides, you can use it to treat so many illnesses. However, always consult with a doctor or an aromatherapy practitioner before you use this oil.
Whether it’s a relaxing massage or aromatherapy, rose otto oil can promote both physical and mental wellbeing.