Grapeseed oil is a popular choice for hair care. It comes from the remaining seeds after the production of grape juice and wine.
There are numerous benefits of grapeseed oil for hair. 
These natural components may treat your dry hair and solve other hair issues. 
This article reviews the potential uses and benefits of grapeseed oil for hair.
Why Use Grapeseed Oil for Hair?
It is Cheap
Grapeseed oil is an affordable solution to your hair problems. Compared to other hair oils and hair care products, grapeseed oil is cheaper and more easily available. A survey assures that grapeseed oil costs 30-40% less than coconut oil, jojoba, and olive oil.
Prevents Moisture Loss
Grapeseed oil is a generous source of omega-6 fatty acid, particularly linoleic acid.
One of the important reasons for choosing grapeseed oil over jojoba, coconut, almond, olive, or other hair oils is because of its consistency.
Grapeseed oil has a very light texture and weight compared to the other oils. The oil doesn’t pose a feeling of heaviness once applied to the hair and scalp.
Moreover, it doesn’t clog the scalp pores and leaves any oily residues after you rinse it off the hair. The texture of grapeseed oil is closer to that of jojoba oil. But choosing grapeseed is more affordable, and beneficial for your hair life.
There are people who want an oil treatment but detest the intense smell of the oil that keeps lingering for days on. Grapeseed is a perfect solution to this problem.
The oil doesn’t have any smell or aroma of its own. You can easily combine grapeseed oil with any other carrier or essential oil of your choice for the fragrance. 
Benefits of Grapeseed Oil for Hair
1. Reducing Itchiness
A dry scalp promotes roughness and itchiness. An itchy scalp can cause you significant discomfort. Too much of this can lead you to scratch your scalp occasionally. It may result in scarring and inflammation. 
Grapeseed oil helps you in reducing the itchiness of your scalp. It does so by providing the scalp with the necessary moisture and hydration.
- You can apply grapeseed oil on your scalp by rubbing it slowly to treat and cure itchiness.
- Repeat this daily.
2. Moisturizing Your Scalp
Healthy scalp results in healthier hair. If you want your hair to be all healthy and fit, ensure proper care of your scalp first. Grapeseed oil may come to your use in this regard. The oil is famous for its nourishing capabilities. 
Only a few drops of this oil on your scalp boost moisture and nourishment to it.
- Apply the oil to your entire scalp.
- Leave it like this for at least half an hour before washing off with a good shampoo. Make sure to use cool water while washing.
3. Faster Hair Growth & Longer Hair
Grapeseed oil may intensify your hair growing process.
However, grapeseed oil alone is not effective for hair growth. You should combine it with some other healthy oils to accelerate hair growth. 
The powerful antioxidants and vitamins of grapeseed oil provide nourishment to your hair. It prevents hair breakage and gives you a head full of long hair.
Patience is the key here. You can’t have long hair in just a few days. You need to continue applying the oil for a few weeks for significant results.
- Apply a few drops of this oil regularly and leave overnight before washing off.
- Repeat for two to three weeks.
4. Treating Dandruff
Grapeseed oil may not be able to treat dandruff caused by scalp infections or diseases. But the oil is certainly capable of taking care of dandruff caused by a dry scalp. 
Dry scalp promotes flakiness and dandruff. The application of grapeseed oil provides moisture to your scalp and nourishes it well. This gives your scalp the necessary protection from dandruff.
- Heat your oil up for a few minutes. Heat it to a level tolerable for both your fingers and scalp.
- Take some oil on your hand and apply it all over your scalp. Massage it slowly so that every nook and corner gets the moisture and gets rid of dandruff.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the oil like this for about an hour.
- Wash the oil with a good shampoo.
- Repeat a few times to achieve good results.
5. Reducing Hair Loss
There are two hormones that your body releases. One is Dihydrotestosterone, also known as DHT (7).
It is a sex hormone. DHT has an impact on baldness (8)
or too much hair loss. Another one is Cortisol (9).
It releases during too much stress. This also plays an important role in hair loss.
Grapeseed oil contains powerful antioxidants. The compounds can block the excessive secretion of these two hormones. Thus it helps in reducing hair loss.
Also, the oil relaxes the hair follicles on your scalp. It stimulates proper blood circulation which reduces hair loss.
- Mix grapeseed oil with a few drops of jojoba oil.
- Apply the combination onto your scalp. Rub it well so that the oil incorporates with the skin cells.
6. Stronger Hair
The application of grapeseed oil also provides strength to your hair. The fatty acid and vitamin E present in it provide your hair with the proper nutrients and moisture.
The powerful antioxidants in the oil prevent your hair from damage and nourish them.
Grapeseed oil works on weak and brittle hair. It restores hair strength making them more vibrant and healthy.
- Apply some heated grapeseed oil and do a few hot-towel therapies before going to bed.
- Leave it on your hair overnight and wash it with a good shampoo the next day.
7. Glowing Hair
The use of grapeseed oil may add a hint of sheen and glow to your hair. You can apply this oil both before and after taking a shower.
The oil, being non-greasy and lightweight, is a better choice than many other hair products and oils.
A very tiny amount of this oil can go a long way. It’s very easy to apply and also stays on your hair till you wash it off.
Before shower application
- Take a few drops of this oil in the palm of your hand. You can also mix some other healthy essential oils with it to enhance its health.
- Rub the oil with two hands to warm it up a little and then apply it all over your hair in layers.
- Leave it on your hair for more than an hour before washing it off with a good shampoo.
After shower application
- Pour some oil onto your hand and apply it all over your hair as a coating. You can go out like this, and the glow of your hair won’t fade away.
8. Treating Frizzy Hair
Frizzy and messy hair is no one’s favorite. Unmanageable hair leads to a messy outlook.
We all try to look our best when we are going out somewhere. Frizzy hair creates a hindrance in your way of a perfect makeover.
Grapeseed oil locks in moisture to your hair. The oil makes the hair easily manageable by reducing frizz. 
Just a simple coating of grapeseed oil on your entire hair will reduce the frizz and keep them in place.
- Take a few drops of grapeseed oil on the palm of your hand and apply the oil as a coating on your hair. This will keep your hairstyle intact and protect your hair from outsiders’ influence.
- Do this every time before going out.
9. Conditioning Your Hair
Grapeseed oil works as a natural conditioner for your hair. Because it contains vitamin E and other antioxidants.
As the oil is non-greasy, it’s very easy to wash it from your hair with just a few splashes of water, and that’s it! You have beautiful, naturally conditioned hair.
- Shampoo your hair off and wash thoroughly.
- Take a few drops of this oil and apply it all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off.
10. Protection from Heating Tools
All the hair styling tools that we use work with heat.
Your hair may turn out all sleek and perfect after hair styling. But it may be a temporary thing as heating tools cause damage to your hair. Eventually, you will find your hair becoming dull and tough.
It may be hard for you to give up on using hair straighteners, hair curlers, and hair dryers.
That’s why you may use grapeseed oil to protect your hair from the heat produced by these tools.
- Apply a few drops of this oil before using any styling tool.
- Also, apply some oil every night before going to bed to prevent damage.
How to Use Grapeseed Oil for Healthy Hair?
The benefits of oil mostly depend on its proper use. There are different methods that you can apply to make the best use of this oil.
Some ways of applying grapeseed oil to your hair are mentioned below. Let’s take a look:
1. Mixing it with a Carrier oil
You can use grapeseed oil by mixing it with any other healthy hair oil. There are many healthy hair oils that go well with grapeseed oil. Some of these natural oils are coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, etc.
You can use the mixed oil both at room temperature or a little heated up and apply the oil all over your scalp and hair. Obviously, the application depends on the reason you are using it. But this method is applicable to your hair in every manner.
2. Combination of Grapeseed Oil and Essential Oil
You can also combine your grapeseed oil with some of the essential oils that work great on hair. Some good essential oils for hair are cedarwood, chamomile, and peppermint essential oil.
You need to combine the two oils well with each other and apply them to your hair and scalp.
3. Mixing it With Herbs
Mixing your grapeseed oil with some herbs useful for hair is another way.
For this, you can add herbs like a bunch of rosemary to your oil and heat it up to make a good mixture. (9)
Then you need to apply the mixture thoroughly all over your hair and scalp.
4. As a Hair Rinse
You can use grapeseed oil just as a simple hair rinsing product (10).
As this oil is fragile inconsistently, you can use this oil undiluted.
For a hair rinse, you just need to apply the oil to your hair and scalp. Wait for sometimes depending on your need and then wash it off with shampoo.
5. Using a Spray Bottle
You can mix some of your grapeseed oil with water and fill a spray bottle with the mixture. You can keep the spray bottle in your bathroom. Spray it all over your hair every time you take a shower or wash your hair off with shampoo.
6. Making a hair serum
To make a hair serum with grapeseed oil, you can mix the oil with aloe vera gel and make it a paste-like consistency. (11)
This mixture can be used as a hair serum after shampooing your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can you heat grapeseed oil?
A 1: Yes. As the oil has a very high smoke point, you can easily heat up the oil before using it.
Q 2: Does grape seed oil have any side effects?
A 2: Grapeseed oil doesn’t have any major side effects. But if you are allergic to grapefruits, avoid using this oil.
You may replace your expensive hair care products with grapeseed oil.
The oil contains essential vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for the hair and scalp.
This natural oil may give you a head full of healthy, strong, and glossy hair.
Regular use of grapeseed oil may treat many hair and scalp disorders as well. The oil doesn’t have any side effects like chemical hair care products.