Too tensed about your hair being dry or brittle?
Grapeseed oil is here to put an end to your tension.
The best thing about this oil is that no extra measures are needed to produce it. The remaining seeds from the production of grape juice and wine are the sources of grapeseed oil.
The oil is enriched with excellent moisturizing properties that treat your dry hair and make them soft and smooth.
There are many other benefits of grapeseed oil for your hair. In this article, we will discuss:
- What is grapeseed oil
- Amazing grapeseed oil benefits for your hair
- How to use grapeseed oil for fabulous hair
- Frequently asked questions and answers
What is Grapeseed Oil?
The seeds of grapefruits are pressed to get the oil out of them; which we know as grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil contains vitamin E, Lineolic acid and many other powerful antioxidants.
Why Use Grapeseed Oil for Hair?
It is Cheap
Grapeseed oil is an affordable solution to your hair problems. Compared to other hair oils and hair care products available in the market, grapessed oil is cheaper and more easily available. A survey assures that grapessed oil costs 30-40% less than coconut oil, jojoba and olive oil.
Prevents Moisture Loss
Grapeseed oil is a generous source of omega-6 fatty acid, particularly linoleic acid. According to dermatologists the active compound can prevent dryness and itchiness of the scalp by locking in the moisture.
One of the important reasons why you should grapeseed oil over jojoba, coconut, almond, olive and other hair oils is because of its consistency. Grapeseed oil has a very light texture and weight compared to the other oils. The oil doesn’t pose a feeling of heaviness once applied on the hair and scalp.
Moreover it doesn’t clog the scalp pores and leaves any oily residues after you rinse it off the hair. The texture of grapeseed oil is closer to that of jojoba oil but choosing grapeseed is more affordable, and beneficial for your hair life.
There are people who want a oil treatment for their hair but backs up because of the intense smell of the hair oil that keeps lingering for days on. Grapessed is a perfect solution to this problem.
The oil doesn’t have any smell or aroma of its own. Hence you can easily combine grapeseed oil with any of the carrier or essential oil of your choice for the fragrance.
Use grapeseed oil for your hair to enjoy the following benefits:
1. Reducing Itchiness
Dry scalp promotes roughness and itchiness. Itchy scalp (1) can cause you significant discomfort as too much of this can lead you to scratch your scalp occasionally which may result in scarring and inflammation.
Grapeseed oil helps you in reducing the itchiness of your scalp by providing it with the necessary moisture and hydration.
- You can apply grapeseed oil on your scalp by rubbing it slowly to treat and cure itchiness.
- Repeat this daily.
2. Moisturizing Your Scalp
Healthy scalp results in healthier hair. If you want your hair to be all healthy and fit, ensure proper care of your scalp first. Grapeseed oil can come to your use in this regard. The oil is famous for its nourishing capabilities.
Only a few drops of this oil on your scalp boosts moisture and nourishment to it.
- Apply the oil on your entire scalp.
- Leave it like this for at least half an hour before washing off with a good shampoo. Make sure to use cool water while washing.
3. Faster Hair Growth & Longer Hair
If you are seeking for oil that can intensify your hair growing process, you’ve come across the right option.
Grapeseed oil used alone is not that effective for hair growth. But the oil, used with some other healthy oils can accelerate the growth of your hair that gives you a head full of long hair.
The powerful antioxidants and vitamins of grape seed oil provide nutrients and nourishment to your hair that prevents it from breaking down in the middle and result in longer hair.
Patience is the key here. You can’t have long hair in just a few days. You need to continue applying the oil patiently for a few weeks for a significant result.
- Apply few drops of this oil regularly and leave overnight before washing off.
- Repeat for two to three weeks.
4. Treating Dandruff
Grapeseed oil may not be able to treat dandruff (2) caused by scalp infections or diseases. But the oil is certainly capable of taking care of dandruff caused by a dry scalp.
Dry scalp promotes flakiness and dandruff. The application of grape seed oil provides moisture to your scalp and nourishes it well. This gives your scalp the necessary protection from dandruff.
- Heat your oil up for a few minutes. Heat it to a level tolerable for both your fingers and scalp.
- Take some oil on your hand and apply all over your scalp massaging it slowly with time so that every nook and corner get the moisture and gets rid of dandruff.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the oil like this for about an hour.
- Wash the oil with a good shampoo.
- Repeat for a few times to achieve good results.
5. Reducing Hair Loss
Another one is Cortisol (5) which is released during too much stress. This also plays an important role in hair loss.
Grapeseed oil is known to contain powerful antioxidants that block the excessive secretion of these two hormones which helps in reducing hair loss.
Also, the oil relaxes the hair follicles on your scalp and stimulates proper blood circulation which reduces hair loss.
- Mix grapeseed oil with a few drops of jojoba oil (6).
- Apply the combination onto your scalp rubbing it well so that the oil incorporates with the skin cells.
6. Stronger Hair
Application of grapeseed oil also provides strength to your hair. The fatty acid and vitamin E present in it provides your hair with the proper nutrients and moisture.
The powerful antioxidants in the oil prevent your hair from damages and nourish them.
Grapeseed oil works on the weak and brittle hair and restores strength making them more vibrant and healthy.
- Apply some heated grapeseed oil and do a few hot-towel therapies before going to bed.
- Leave it on your hair for overnight and wash it with a good shampoo the next day.
7. Glowing Hair
Want shiny, lustrous hair? Use grapeseed oil and get the hair of your dream.
The use of grapeseed oil can add that hint of sheen and glow to your hair. You can apply this oil both before and after taking a shower.
The oil, being non-greasy (7) and lightweight, makes it a better choice than many other hair products and oils.
A very tiny amount of this oil can go a long way. It’s very easy to apply and also stays on your hair till you wash it off.
Before shower application
- Take a few drops of this oil in the palm of your hand. You can also mix some other healthy essential oils with it to enhance its healthiness.
- Rub the oil with two hands to warm it up a little and then apply it all over your hair in layers.
- Leave it on your hair for more than an hour before washing it off with a good shampoo.
After shower application
- Pour some oil onto your hand and apply all over your hair as a coating. You can go out like this, and the glow of your hair won’t be disrupted.
8. Treating Frizzy Hair
Frizzy and messy hair is no one’s favorite. Unmanageable hair leads to a messy outlook.
Grapeseed oil locks in moisture to your hair and makes them entirely manageable by reducing frizz.
Just a simple coating of grapeseed oil on your entire hair will reduce the frizz and keep them in place.
- Take a few drops of grapeseed oil on the palm of your hand and apply the oil as a coating on your hair. This will keep your hairstyle intact and also protect your hair from outsider’s influence.
- Do this every time before going out.
9. Conditioning Your Hair
Grape seed oil works as a natural conditioner for your hair because of the presence of vitamin E and other antioxidants.
You can give up on using all those expensive conditioning products that are available in the market and start growing the habit of using grapeseed oil instead.
As the oil is non-greasy, it’s very easy to wash it from your hair with just a few splashes of water, and that’s it! You have beautiful, naturally conditioned hair.
- Shampoo your hair off and wash thoroughly.
- Take a few drops of this oil and apply all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing off.
10. Protection from Heating Tools
All the hair styling tools that we use work with heat.
Your hair may turn out all sleek and perfect after hair styling but trust me that’s just a temporary thing as heating tools cause damage to your hair and you will find your hair becoming dull and tough gradually.
Good news for you again! Since it’s hard for many of you to give up on using hair straighteners, hair curlers and hair dryers, use grapeseed oil to protect your hair from the heats produced by these tools.
- Apply a few drops of this oil before using any styling tool.
- Also, apply some oil every night before going to bed to prevent damages.
How to Use Grapeseed Oil for Healthy Hair?
The benefits of oil mostly depend on its proper use. There are different methods that you can apply to make the best use of the oil.
The most general ways of applying grapeseed oil on your hair are mentioned below. Let’s take a look:
- Mixing it with a Carrier oil
You can use grapeseed oil by mixing it with any other healthy hair oil. There are many healthy hair oils that corporate well with grapeseed oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and such.
You can use the mixed oil both at room temperature or a little heated up and apply the oil all over your scalp and hair. Obviously, the application depends on the reason you are using it. But this method is applicable for your hair in every manner.
- Combination of Grapeseed Oil and Essential Oil
You can also combine your grapeseed oil with some of the essential oils that work great on hair. Some good essential oils for hair can include cedarwood essential oil, chamomile essential oil and peppermint essential oil.
You need to combine the two oils well with each other and apply on your hair and scalp.
- Mixing it With Herbs
Mixing your grapeseed oil with some herbs useful for hair is another way.
For this, you can add herbs like a bunch of rosemary (9) on your oil and heat it up to make a good mixture. Then you need to apply the mixture thoroughly all over your hair and scalp.
- As a Hair Rinse
You can use grapeseed oil just as a simple hair rinsing product (10). As this oil is fragile inconsistency, you can use this oil undiluted.
For a hair rinse, you just need to apply the oil on your hair and scalp, wait for sometimes depending on your need and then wash it off with shampoo.
- Using a Spray Bottle
You can mix some of your grapeseed oil with water and fill a spray bottle with the mixture. You can keep the spray bottle in your bathroom and spray it all over your hair every time you take a shower or wash your hair off with shampoo.
- Making a hair serum
To make a hair serum (11) with grapeseed oil, you can mix the oil with aloe vera gel and make it a paste-like consistency. This mixture can be used as a hair serum after shampooing your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can you heat grapeseed oil?
A 1: Yes. As the oil has a very high smoke point, you can easily heat up the oil before using.
Q 2: Does grape seed oil have any side effects?
A 2: Grapeseed oil doesn’t have any major side effects. But if you are allergic to grapefruits, avoid using this oil.
Replace your expensive hair care products with this cheap grapeseed oil and enjoy a head full of attractive, strong, healthy and glossy hair.
Hopefully, this article came to your benefits.
If you have anything else to know about the article or any questions regarding this, feel free to ask us.
Take care of your hair, stay healthy and beautiful.