Millions of women and young girls worldwide are suffering from a severe disorder named Endometriosis.
It’s a gynecological condition where the endometrium, a tissue that usually lines the inside surface of your uterus, grows outside the uterine cavity. 
The issue generally involves the ovaries, the pelvis, and the fallopian tubes, but can spread beyond pelvic organs in severe cases.
Endometriosis usually affects women aged from 25 to 40, and the condition tends to improve when menopause starts.
Women with endometriosis may go through extreme pain during periods and can end up with fertility problems if they don’t treat in the early stage.
But, you can breathe the sigh of relief as you can deal with this disorder at home. You can try home remedies to treat endometriosis.
In this article, we will discuss some effective home remedies that are 100% safe to use.
Causes & Symptoms of Endometriosis
The proper reason behind endometriosis is uncertain. Some common factors may play a vital role in this gynecological disorder. 
The possible causes:
- Back-flowing of the menstrual blood, also known as retrograde menstruation.
- Transformation of peritoneal cells because of hormonal imbalance.
- Hormones like estrogen causing transformation of embryonic cells.
- Post-surgical state in C-section or hysterectomy when endometrial cells may own the incision.
- The immune system may fail to recognize and kill the endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
If you have endometriosis, you may notice the following symptoms:
- Painful period with cramp.
- Pain during or after sexual intercourse.
- Excessive flow of blood during a menstrual period.
- Pain during urination or bowel movements.
Home Remedies for Endometriosis
These home remedies are quite safe and will let you control the harshness of the disease, and ease the pain. Some of the solutions aren’t suitable to try when you have periods.
1. Sitz Bath
Naturopathy practitioners often recommend trying a sitz bath to get relief from endometriosis.
The hot water reduces the cramp and relaxes the pelvic muscles, while the cold water reduces inflammation and alleviates pain.
How to do a sitz bath for endometriosis relief :
- First of all, fill up two tubs, one with cold water and the other with warm water.
- Add ten drops of lavender essential oil in each bathtub and stir well.
- First, soak in the tub with hot water up to your waist for five minutes.
- Then soak in the cold water tub for one minute.
- Repeat this process for an hour or so.
- Take a bath three to four times a week.
- Do not take the sitz bath when you have periods.
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil is an age-old remedy for endometriosis because it removes excess tissues and toxins from your body.
It will give you relief from the cramp and pain due to endometriosis.
You should try this remedy at the beginning of the period when you first feel the cramping.
Here’s how to use castor oil for endometriosis:
- Take ¼ cup of castor oil and mix ten drops of lavender essential oil in it.
- Take a soft, clean washcloth and soak it in the mixture.
- Heat the soaked cloth and place it directly on your lower stomach area.
- Place a bag or bottle of hot water on top of the cloth and leave it till it remains warm.
- Wash off the oil with clean, warm water.
- Repeat this process two times a day for three days.
3. Pelvic Massage
Massaging the pelvic area and the lower abdomen can give you relief from pain and stress caused by the illness.
Massaging with an essential oil will help you relax as it will reduce inflammation, as well as cramping. 
It’s the easiest and safest home remedy for endometriosis.
Directions for a pelvic massage to relieve endometriosis:
- Lie on your back and stretch out your body.
- Take some essential oil and gently massage it on your stomach for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this process once daily until you feel good.
4. Turmeric, Honey, & Ginger Powder
It is also rich in anti-endometriotic properties.
Honey has a tremendous germ-fighting capability and is used to cure a lot of diseases. 
Adding honey with turmeric and ginger will help you get relief from the symptoms of endometriosis.
How to use turmeric, honey and ginger powder for endometriosis :
- Boil two cups of water.
- Add one tsp of ginger powder, one tsp of turmeric powder, and 2-3 tsp of organic honey to the water and stir well.
- Drink this solution twice daily for a week.
- You can also boil some grated ginger and drink the warm concoction with honey.
5. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is one of the most ancient herbs and famous for its medicinal properties. 
Chamomile tea is not only an excellent digestive and calmative aid but also is good for the nervous system.
The anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile tea can reduce swelling caused by endometriosis. It can also treat pain, spasms, and cramps associated with this issue.
How to make chamomile tea for endometriosis treatment:
- Take two cups of boiled water and put two tsp of chamomile powder in it.
- Let the mixture simmer for five minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink the tea before it gets cold.
- Drink this tea for a week.
6. Dandelion Root
The root of the dandelion herb is widely used to make medicines. 
Drinking the tea can alleviate pain, cramps, as well as most of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Here’s how to use dandelion root for endometriosis:
- Take a cup of water in a saucepan and boil it. Add one tsp of dandelion root powder to it.
- Cover the saucepan and wait for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea. Add one tsp of honey and drink.
- To get the desired result, repeat this process for one week.
7. Wild Asparagus
Wild asparagus is also known as Shatavari in traditional Indian medicine. People used the root to make drugs. 
The folic acid in wild asparagus help treat anemia. Endometriosis causes lack of folic acid in the body that this herb can handle.
It’s rich in vitamin E content that helps reduce pain due to this issue.
You can get rid of menstrual pain and cramps by drinking asparagus tea.
Direction to use asparagus for endometriosis:
- Take a glass of cow’s milk and boil it. Add one tsp of wild asparagus powder and one tsp of honey in it.
- Drink this milk twice a day for one week.
Flaxseed is known as one of the most potent plant food in the world. The presence of antioxidant helps reduce most of the symptoms caused by endometriosis. 
The Omega-3 fatty acid of flaxseeds controls the spread of endometrial tissue that tends to expand to the surrounding areas of your uterus.
Flaxseeds can also detoxify the body as it eliminates toxins in the liver.
Simple method of using flaxseed for endometriosis:
- Add a handful of flaxseeds in a glass of water. Let it soak overnight.
- Next morning, strain the water and grind the flaxseeds into a smooth paste.
- You can consume the paste by mixing it with some yogurt.
9. Evening Primrose Oil
The oil comes from the evening primrose plant and is an excellent source of Omega-6 essential fatty acids. 
It’s full of medicinal properties and can treat chronic inflammation, as well as various women’s health issues.
Primrose oil is one of the most active and safest home remedies for endometriosis.
Direction for using primrose oil for endometriosis:
- Mix the evening primrose oil ( 1,300 mg) in a cup of warm water.
- Drink the mixture twice a day for a week.
- Extend the process if needed.
Motherwort is a plant that contains antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. 
It’s an effective home remedy for endometriosis. It can reduce inflammation and can aid in painful menstrual periods.
The medicinal properties in motherwort help improve blood volume in your reproductive system to make it function properly.
How to use motherwort for endometriosis:
- Put one tsp of dried motherwort in a cup of warm water. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Drink this motherwort tea twice a day until you feel better.
While you’re trying these home remedies, you must bring a change in your lifestyle to become healthy.
Try to some light exercises, following a healthy diet. If you’re addicted to alcohol or smoking, quit these habit right now. If you find your condition isn’t getting any better, do consult a doctor.
We hope you will find these remedies helpful. Stay healthy and let us know your opinion in the comment section.