Dark spots or pigmentation on the vagina aren’t cancerous. But they can grow and expand to other areas of your body if you are not careful. That’s why you need to get rid of dark spots on the vagina as soon as you identify them. 
A common reason behind getting dark spots or pigmentation on the vaginal area or vulva is aging. When a woman ages, the fatty tissue under her skin becomes thinner, and veins become more visible as bluish-black marks.
You can also develop dark spots after you shave your pubic area. Other reasons for getting dark spots on the vagina include UV rays from the sun, wearing synthetic underwear, genetic tendencies, and excessive perspiration.
Some natural ingredients can safely reduce the appearance of dark spots on your vagina. As they are 100% natural, you can use them without worrying about damaging your skin or private area.
Continue reading to learn how to eliminate dark spots on the vagina using home remedies.
Home Remedies to Remove Dark Spots on Vagina
Milk has been an excellent remedy to remove dark spots since ancient times.
The lactic acid in milk can effectively remove dark spots and hyperpigmentation. 
It’s one of the safest and most effective remedies if you want to remove dark spots from your vagina.
Directions for using milk on vaginal dark spots:
- Take some milk and immerse a cotton ball in it
- Rub that cotton ball on your dark private part and massage for 15 minutes.
- Clean that area using warm water and repeat the procedure daily until you get the desired result.
Carrot is not only a great vegetable but also effective in reducing dark spots and skin pigmentation. 
It contains beta-carotene that acts as an antioxidant and helps maintain the skin’s complexion of your private parts.
Besides, carrot juice can save your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
How to use a carrot to remove dark spots on the vagina:
- Take a fresh carrot and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add some sandalwood oil to it.
- Before going to bed, gently massage your private area with that paste.
- Wash off with clean, cold water in the morning and apply some moisturizer.
- Repeat this process every night until the spots disappear.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is excellent for any skin issues because of its soothing nature.
Its antioxidant properties promote natural cell regeneration and keep the surface of your vagina soft and smooth. 
Here’s how you may use aloe vera gel on vaginal dark spots:
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and use a spoon to extract the gel from it.
- After taking a bath, apply this gel directly to your vagina and wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- For the best result, repeat this process once every day.
People have used sandalwood to care for their skin since the old time.
This miracle herb comes with natural skin lightening agents that reduce the appearance of dark spots on the skin.
Sandalwood can improve skin complexion and prevent any hyperpigmentation.
Learn how to use sandalwood powder to lighten dark spots on the vagina:
- Take three tablespoons of sandalwood powder and mix one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Make a smooth paste. If the mixture is too thick, pour some rose water.
- Apply the paste to your private area and leave it overnight.
- Clean the paste with lukewarm water in the morning.
- Do this once a day until you see your dark spots are gone.
5. Orange and Turmeric
Turmeric is a blessing for the skin. It’s an ancient remedy to cure any skin issues.
Together, they can be a great combo to reduce dark spots.
A simple home remedy for dark spots on the vagina using orange and turmeric:
- Pour two tablespoons of orange juice into a glass of water and add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Rub this mixture on your private parts and wait for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda can prevent excessive sweating and removes dead skin cells.
It can reduce dark spots and works as a great exfoliating agent.
If the surface of your vagina is sensitive, then don’t use baking soda.
Baking soda is a natural remedy for dark spots on the vagina:
- Add three tablespoons of water to one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Apply the paste to your private area and wait for 30 minutes.
- Then, wash off with cold water.
- Follow this procedure twice a week.
Instead of being just a tasty fruit, papaya also does wonders to your skin. 
It contains papain, an enzyme that effectively reduces dark spots on the vagina. In addition, papaya has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties that heal any wound that might be the reason for dark spots on the vagina.
It can also speed up the falling of the dead skin cells and nourishes your skin with antioxidant and vitamins.
Here’s how you may use ripe papaya as a vaginal dark spots remedy:
- First, extract the pulp from ripe papaya and rub it on your vagina and surrounding area for five minutes.
- You can also blend it with vitamin E oil and apply it to your affected area.
- Wait for 20 minutes before you wash it off with cold water.
It is rich in vitamin E, which helps reduce any dark spots. In addition, its antioxidant properties help keep your skin healthy and supple.
It can reduce dark spots and work as a great exfoliator, eliminating dead cells around your pubic area.
Learn how to use almonds to remove dark spots on the vagina:
- Add some almonds to water and let them soak for a few hours.
- Then, grind them in a blender and add milk to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this smooth paste to your vagina and leave it overnight.
- Clean the paste with cold water in the morning.
- Do this every day until you see a better result.
- You can also use almond oil instead of almond.
The salicylic acid of aspirin can eliminate dead cells from your skin. 
A simple method of using aspirin for vaginal dark spots:
- Take two aspirin tablets and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix one tablespoon of water to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to your vagina and wash off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Do not follow this procedure immediately after shaving your pubic area. It might irritate.
This kitchen staple ingredient is also great for skin, especially for removing dark spots. 
Potato has a potent, natural bleaching agent that can lighten any dark spots. In addition, it can effectively eliminate the extra melanin pigment from your skin.
Potato has antibacterial agents and vitamin C that can prevent germ attacks in your vagina while reducing dark spots.
Home remedy for dark spots on vagina using potato:
- Take a potato and squeeze out the juice from it.
- Apply the juice directly to your vagina and rub against the skin.
- You can also mash the potato into a smooth paste and apply it to your vagina.
- Wait for a few minutes and clean with water.
- Continue this process for at least two weeks.
Apart from being a healthy salad ingredient, the tomato benefits your skin.
Tomato contains lycopene, an antioxidant that can help lighten your pubic area within a short period. 
It can reduce any inflammation and irritation in your pubic area. In addition, the natural bleaching agent can reduce dark spots while protecting the skin of your vagina.
Learn how to use tomato to treat dark spots on the vagina:
- Cut the tomato in half and rub it against the skin of your vagina. Do not forget to squeeze out the juice while rubbing.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Follow this procedure for at least one month.
Read More: 15 Home Remedies for Dark Inner Thighs
The natural bleaching agent of cucumber controls melanin production while reducing the dark spots.
It also reduces any irritation of your pubic area and helps keep the skin healthy with its nutritional values.
How to use cucumber as vaginal dark spots home remedy:
- Cut a fresh cucumber into small pieces and squeeze the juice out.
- Apply the fresh juice directly to your vagina and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- For the best result, continue this process three times a week for one month.
The formation of dark spots sometimes depends on your hygiene, so keep your pubic area clean.
Wax instead of shaving to reduce the possibility of having dark spots. Also, always wear cotton underwear to ensure airflow.
Dark spots on the vagina are embarrassing. But you can remove those pesky dark spots on the vagina at your home using some natural remedies. All these ingredients are readily available and are safe for your vagina.